[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My people...Sons and Daughters of Helghan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: Scolar Visari.png (1 MB, 1366x596) Image search: [Google]
Scolar Visari.png
1 MB, 1366x596
My people...Sons and Daughters of Helghan
>>
Does it strike anybody as odd that their planet was called "Helgan" but the people were "Helghast"? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
>>
>>331379187
Dad, you're embarrassing me.
>>
I want a realistic Addams Family game. Like Aliens Isolation but with Uncle Fester.
>>
File: 4978117-hulk2015002_dc21-0.jpg (2 MB, 2228x3382) Image search: [Google]
4978117-hulk2015002_dc21-0.jpg
2 MB, 2228x3382
>>331379187
2 was the best one, while shadow fall killed the franchise. shame.
>>
>>331379187
>Still no game where you play as the good guys.

Does Sony hate money?
>>
File: Visari.jpg (35 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Visari.jpg
35 KB, 640x360
This is a PS3 game from 2009
>>
>>331381924
nope, they just put dumb ass people in charge, ala shadowfall and the vita
>>
>those dank as fuck split-screen botmatches
>>
>>331381224
The planet was named after the Helghan Corporation long before anyone ever lived on it
>>
>>331381905
It sold well though. Being a release title sure helped but I liked it for my part. I would sure like to go back to helghan with a helghast campaign though
>>
>>331379187
>Replayed 2
>Remember how shit Rico was even till 3.
>Vaguely remember what he was like in 1
>>
>>331383943
>right in the opening cinematic of 2 Rico, and by extension the writers, forget how to properly pronounce Jan
I knew it was going to be a bumpy ride
>>
>>331383943
In 1 he has some really great character development. He starts off extremely racist of the Helghast, but during the game interacting with the Helghan on your side, he learns that not all of them are evil.

In 2 Rico goes right back to being turbo racist, as if 1 never happened. Hes so fucking annoying, and aggravating. And Causes your bro to die because of his HATRED, and also kills the fucking Helghast leader basically preventing the war from ending somewhat peacefully.

In 3 hes actually back to being good, though the tone of that game is weird. Hes basically a friendly, likable guy that makes jokes. And he doesn't hate the helghast with a passion anymore. Though sadly if you played 2, you can't get over the fact of how different he is.

Love Killzone series. It's pretty mediocre honestly, but the graphics, and the setting / look of the game is really awesome. I also enjoy the heavy weighty feel of 2 that feels more like your a real soldier. The fact they never let us properly play as Helghast in campaign was bullshit, I feel like it was a Sony choice or something "Oh no, we can't let them play as space Nazis! Think of the 6 billion of Vecta!"
>>
File: it aint always easy you know.png (241 KB, 437x407) Image search: [Google]
it aint always easy you know.png
241 KB, 437x407
>>331385909
Do you think we will get an helghast campaign one day ?
>>
>>331386067
No. Never.
>>
File: 1456952538757.jpg (178 KB, 750x864) Image search: [Google]
1456952538757.jpg
178 KB, 750x864
>>331386258
I see
>>
File: Killzone gameplay.webm (3 MB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
Killzone gameplay.webm
3 MB, 800x432
How do we fix Killzone?
>>
>>331386397
>helghast campaign
>good writing
>solid multiplayer

That's it. The universe and design are insanely good, it just need proper exploitation
>>
>that gratifying ding sound after killing an enemy and scoring a headshot
>>
>>331386067
No. They are done with the series for now.

>>331386397
Helghast campaign
Multiplayer that is like 2, but better
Co-op campaign
Possible less linear campaign levels

I actually feel the series normally has some good story / tone moments, but then they normally ruin it by doing a stupid twist, or having a stupid character.

>>331386554
This. I think they made a big mistake by not taking better advantage of the universe, and just kept doing "play as good guys, kill bad guys". Especially when 1/2/SF played with the idea that the good guys were arguably not in the right, and that in some moments the helghast were completely justified for their actions and hatred. They should have either had a Helghast campaign, or a helghast game, that way they could have the player see the war in a completely different light.
>>
>>331379187
I fucking loved Killzone 1. There was just something about that god damn game. I just wish it didn't run like a piece of shit.
>>
>>331379187
For many years, We've been a broken board.
>>
Just let me play as a fucking Helghast already, I've never seen a series continue on so long with such unlikable protagonists
>>
File: 250px-Kzlboxart.jpg (29 KB, 250x429) Image search: [Google]
250px-Kzlboxart.jpg
29 KB, 250x429
>Visari was so charismatic and singleminded he convinced two ISA Generals to turn traitor
>>
>>331381905
Fun fact: Horizon has been in development for 5+ years and Shadowfall was developed by B-team to bring in some extra revenue during Horizon's long dev cycle.
>>
>>331387198
Even Halo was smart enough to let you play as the Elites in the first sequel.

>>331387210
Vasari literally did nothing wrong.
>>
Killzone
>Fantastic setting with amazing art direction and the best FPS controls on console

>Ruined by the most boring storytelling and crude presentation of any AAA game ever

Agree/Disagree ?
>>
ISA was a bunch of fascist. I was rooting for the Helgast which made me feel like a Nazi sympathizer when Im not
>>
>>331382874

Man, I fucking loved that. Those levels in k1 were damn fun. That mountain level was my favorite.
>>
File: Helghan_alphabet.png (92 KB, 1024x574) Image search: [Google]
Helghan_alphabet.png
92 KB, 1024x574
>>331387536
He was born into a privileged elite and his rise to power involved indoctrinating the common man to believe spending all their money and resources on war was a good thing, leaving his people to live on a shithole planet in shithole conditions while he lived in comfort.

The average Helghan citizen only ever suffered because of his rule
>>
>>331387732
Completely agree, and I'm a huge fan. The series is wasted potential. I would actually disagree on the best FPS controls part. I like the weighty feel in 2 a whole lot, but Halo is the best playing FPS on consoles.

God I just wanted a Helghast campaign.

>>331388103
Typical ISA propaganda. They were forced off their planet to Helghan, which had deadly air which killed off and made their people sick.
>>
>Mercenary was the only Killzone that let you play as the real good guys
>>
>>331388274
The only people who became sick were the working classes who had to wear gasmasks and toil outside in the harsh atmosphere. The wealthy leftovers of the Helghan Administration lived in buildings with proper air conditioning and suffered a lot less.

Visari is a descendent of that elite group and never had to actually use a mask like the workers outside. So the fact he made them a national symbol of shared suffering and strength of will is a huge dick move in itself.
>>
>accidentally an entire planet
>all sev can say is "how many people were down there.... I need to update my kill count"

ISA scum
>>
>>331387361
Really ? I hope Guerrilla doesn't screw Horizon. I don't want to see their artistic talent go to waste, their design are always god tier
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.