[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMO Politics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 768x1024
Anyone else feel like the odd one out in their games clan/guild?

I log on and 1-2 say hello. Then a few mins later someone else comes on, 5-6 say hello and they invite the other guy to join them.

It's happening a lot in my WoW guild and making me want to kill myself. I am always friendly and then they phase me out.

No one 'dislikes' me as such. Just not takes much notice of me. I don't play the kiss ass game like some.
>>
>>331378276
You're a little bitch

That's your problem
>>
Other guy is probably a big memer, every faggot loves those kinds of people.
>>
File: 1404069164532.png (118 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
1404069164532.png
118 KB, 230x300
>TFW MMO clan/guild politics on a heavy RP server.
>>
>>331378372
Fuck off.

I play the part. I am fun, never too serious, always help out.
I just don't kiss certain ass. Don't push to make a little clique.

I have 1-2 good buddies in the guild but they mainly come on for raid nights only.

I don't need constant acknowledgement but fuck after time it does start to hurt.

Last week I ended up not logging on for 3 days to not feel bad.
>>
>>331378276
Stop trying to be part of their group. If you want to be somebody in a guild you need to be a man- that means wearing the pants. Instead of trying to tag along for shit, you instead need to say "Im going to do X, you can come if you want", and go from there

Most people in MMOs suck at human interaction, its part of the reason they play MMOs and thus are afraid to be the ones to start something but ALL want to be part of something.
>>
OP here. A new pretty girl has joined the guild now too. One guy is obsessed with her and most of the members gravitate towards this fucker. So it's like a chain of followers starting with the girl.
>>
>>331378928
It doesn't help that the ones who are all "buddy-buddy" are online all the time. They literally work, then come online. I have friends and girlfriend outside of the game.

I don't 'tag' along with them. I always do my own thing. But it would be nice to be included. To get a happy welcome to my coming on.
>>
>>331378774
pm random people that are always on the pvp with.
>>
File: Fug.png (16 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
Fug.png
16 KB, 174x231
>Play in Halo 2 clan as a little anon jr.
>One big guy in the clan is everyone's favorite, runs the best squad in our clan
>Everyone constantly sucks his dick and wants to be his best friend, never gives them the time of day
>People hate me because I'm obviously too fucking young to be playing, no one talks to me
>Except the big guy, who always invites me to play with him and his friends, have lots of fun doing Zombies and SWAT
>Tells me one day he always invites me because I'm actually trying to have fun in the game and that's a lot more pleasant to be around than the tryhard faggots who want his attention.
>A week or two later he left the clan and no one heard from him again.

Hope you're not dead Chuck, you were a cool dude
>>
>>331379256
>My first interaction with a pedophile
>>
I play MMOs solo. My friends lists are always empty and I'm only in a guild for the perks.
>>
>2011+5
>still playing mmos
"they don't like me because i don't kiss ass" translates into "i'm social awkward and pretend i'm a badass"
grow up and make some friends senpai
>>
>>331379256
Hope you do the same for people now. Take the young people under your wing and teach them.

Doesn't take much to do something nice for someone.
>>
File: playing any MMO.webm (515 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
playing any MMO.webm
515 KB, 320x240
>>331378276
>>
When I am polite in game I usually get greeted back but people never bother to to make conversation. I found that the best way to strike up conversation was by acting edgy(make politically incorrect jokes, push people around and troll a little). Make sure people know you aren't being serious.
Eventually people will remember you because you stand out from all the random polite people who mostly behave in the same way.
>>
>Do daily heroic dungeon
>"Hi everyone"
>Silence
>Finish dungeon
>Thanks all, take care"
>The all leave without a word

Every day. Every - damn - day.

; ;
>>
>>331379567
I find its easier to do this within context of the game

>Garrosh did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1351731843768.png (456 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
1351731843768.png
456 KB, 500x712
you're playing the wring MMOs

when every single person in a corp has the ability to steal all your shit, everyone gets taken seriously, and everyone gets included
>>
File: 1386900800193.gif (5 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
1386900800193.gif
5 KB, 80x80
>>331379725
>mandatory vent: the game
>>
>>331378276
I have the opposite thing happen I'm pretty quite but every time I log in everyone in my guild says hello and starts asking me if I want to run stuff with them, I have no idea why though
>>
File: 1324755944001.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1324755944001.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>tfw you never were even noticed in the guild
>tfw you took forever to finaly join the guild of your dreams
>tfw you solo'd MMO's and never talked to anyone, kind of like real life.
>>
>>331379847
If you're quiet you can't offend anyone. People seem to get offended over such little things that being quiet can't upset them.

I do one thing which might be bad.

In mythic raids I tell people who are fucking retarded and doing the wrong things, "Hey, X, you're fucking retarded!"
>>
>>331378276
Yeah i was like in a teenager but all i really had to do was talk to people
Then you start having frequent conversations with the same couple dudes, you group with em, you develop your own secret club memes and then there you go
Its not really hard when you dont have the pressure of irl interaction
>>
>>331380039
OP here. I love my guild. It took from
Burning Crusade to find one I liked. I've left so many.

A lot of the time I get ignored and can't take it anymore so I just leave.

This one wasn't like that.

In Wrath I didn't join any guilds and I refused to add anyone to friends. I just ran dungeons and helped people (gear) (main a tank).
>>
>>331380325
Like that as a teenager i mean
>>
the only MMO i ever played was Guild Wars and i think i confused my guild because when i joined i was playing a female monk and i also had a female ranger, but my first ever character had been a male warrior and one day i signed in with the warrior and when i showed up to run somebody through something i think they asked me if i was a guy or a girl and when i said a guy they were weird about it

it was so long ago i barely remember any specifics but i just think it was funny

i didn't even act like a girl, i just like females in those roles more
>>
I get left out all the time in games.

>Meet 2-3 people online
>all become friends
>They do things without me

I should just end it all
>>
To be a big part of a guild you have to say and do shit that people will remember
Speaking once or twice every now and then and running people through dungeons wont cut it
You need to banter with people, argue with them (but not too seriously), joke with them, talk about shit you are knowledgable about, display knowledge of the game and do heaps of runs with the max level people
Eventually people will notice and remember you and then Include you in things

Or you could go the route my friend did and act like an absolute (but lovable) retard. That works too.

Also getting on teamspeak or any other form of voice chat will speed up this process.
>>
I AM FRODOSAGBAG
>>
>>331380941
I do all of that. Everyone knows me. I talk a lot. Act like a lovable faggot. Post links to fucked up shit on YouTube for people. Am always very vocal on team speak.

Just lately feeling people tolerate me more than enjoy my company.
>>
File: 1456870911973.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456870911973.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>331378276
>>331378774
>>331380787

I kind of have the opposite problem, but it leads to shit anyways.

>Late night solo queue for the most popular battleground, which is equalized.
>Don't have time or will for the gear grind anymore, but pvp is my jam anyways.
>Every once in awhile people ask me to requeue with them after, or I join a group of people going in, by virtue of me not being absolutely terrible.
>Not getting mad at video games and actually talking to people are apparently enough to have people gravitate around you.
>Group grows larger and larger, people who do get mad at video games make their way in. Now I have to keep track of who I can invite with who, since shit happens while I'm not on.
>Eventually everything blows up due to too many moving parts, people getting mad at stupid shit.
>Late night solo queue.

Just being friendly and not being a pushover aren't prerequisites for automatic friendship, you know. You gotta actually do shit with people, set things up.
>>
>>331381298
Well you must be either do it incorrectly or just being annoying (which you dont want to be)
May aswell just gquit and try again
>>
>>331381298

It feels like you're just going through a strange checklist of things people do to be noticed and get friends. Acting like a lovable faggot isn't actually being a lovable faggot. Being very vocal on TS doesn't count if you're just doing it for the sake of it. Just do you and set things up for other people.
>>
>play Runescape for years
>still do
>was always nice to people and gave money to people who said that they got hacked
>not much money, but whatever I could give
>felt like a charitable dude
>befriending a lot of people because they liked me being nice to them
>befriend in particular a guy named Scribe Drew
>talk to him every day after middle school was over about friends, how my week's going, romance, everything
>one day, Scribe Drew logs off
>sitting here, 10 years later, he still hasn't logged back on

To this day, I wonder if he died. It didn't seem like he was losing interest in the game at all, he just sort of... vanished. I'll always remember you buddy.
>>
>>331379725

>Played Haven and Hearth with the goons a few years ago
>They came up with a client that had a robust botting framework
>Ended up doing some work on it after their primary codemonkey disappeared
>Discovered that it sent usernames and passwords to the codemonkey's server
>Disabled it, drunkenly talked about it on the Teamspeak
>Ended up getting promoted to New Primary Codemonkey

>Later, get frustrated while trying to work out an idiot-proof foraging pathing bot so the bastards can set up their own paths and get blueberries without even really being logged in
>Decide to play with something else to take my mind off of it
>End up finding the alpha for the new Hafen client
>Can't log in
>Know nothing about hacking, just got lucky and found a directory on the website that had it in there
>End up surrendering that project to a Russian prick the goons picked up
>He manages to get past login and spies a few things laying around that jorb and loftar are working on
>Somehow jury rigs a personal server, and takes a few screenshots to flaunt about on the forums
>Goons, for reasons unknown, act like I did everything

>Later, just finishing up the pathing bot, and some prick robs my practically worthless character
>Pounds me easily
>Takes my pipe, water, and the cheap merchant's robe they insisted on giving me
>Hops into a boat and calls me a scrub
>Goons flip a table and proceed to track this guy down, then present me with his developed skull

I gave up on it a while ago, but you're right. It's different when you have to trust everyone you surround yourself with.
>>
I feel the same way in this discord server I'm on

I'm never part of the group chat. I'm never interesting or cool enough. :(
>>
>>331378774
You're the nice guy in dating. Same shit. People will be nice to you but if you're not impressionable or make an effort to stand out people don't want to engage you.
>>
MMO Story Time?

>Be 15-year-old George Foreman grill
>Start playing RO on a private server after getting real Internet for the first time in my life
>Played High Priest named Edda
>Met a Paladin out in the wilds named MegaBastard64
>We get to talking. Get along great, meet his group of friends he plays with
>They're a bunch of nigs my age living down in Georgia (one of them was named EthiopianKing - can never remember the rest)
>Have a shitton of fun playing RO together, form our own guild called The Bastard Pack
>Become notorious for being assholes in WoE
>Get married to MegaBastard64 in-game
>One day Internet goes bad, months go by before it gets fixed
>Logged in, no one was on... and I never logged in after that

>Years later, re-discover that private server
>My login and characters are still there
>Server is almost completely dead, down from like 10k people to 300, 294 of which are BRs
>Never managed to track down my old pals

I miss you guys, even after all these years.
>>
>>331383337
>Later, just finishing up the pathing bot, and some prick robs my practically worthless character
>Pounds me easily
>Takes my pipe, water, and the cheap merchant's robe they insisted on giving me
>Hops into a boat and calls me a scrub
>Goons flip a table and proceed to track this guy down, then present me with his developed skull
Goons don't fuck around, m8.
>>
>just a couple years ago
>form up and play Ikarium (faggy city building pay2win browser game) with a group of fa/tg/uys
>get really fucking into it, one of the heavy hitters of the clan
>this one chucklefuck is raiding some of our smaller members
>me and three other guys rotate armies and fuck his day up, loot hundreds of thousands of materials from his capital
>he bitches about it to his clan, who bitch at our leader
>our leader responds back with the logs from him raiding our members
>for some reason dude's clan goes "well, you provoked them. Deal with it"
>because we're trying to be giant slayers, we rise quickly, abusing broken combat mechanics and destroying people 10x stronger than us
>hit rank 9
>team up with rank 2 and declare war on rank 1
>dethrone rank 1 and fuse with rank 2 to become the new rank 1
>get bored (no more challenge) and give my account to the clan leader
tgikarium, you guys are bros. ;_;7
>>
>>331384736

They really did fuck around a lot, though.

I remember helping a few of them gather resources, before I started scripting for them, so they could give it to an up-and-coming /tg/ group called Underbear or some stupid shit like that. Apparently, the plan was to create competition so they'd have something to do.

The only thing I regret is not spending a bit more time actually playing the game, instead of all the scripting. Such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>331386721
Dicking around and trying to create a rival isn't fucking around, it's boredom.
>>
File: 1452591965259.jpg (744 KB, 1534x576) Image search: [Google]
1452591965259.jpg
744 KB, 1534x576
>almost a decade ago, playing WoW at like 14-15
>Socially inept but somehow managed to slide into a random guild
>Don't really talk, join in on quests, etc.
>Slowly warm up to everybody, start having fun in chats, making a few jokes with others. People seem to enjoy talking with me, say hi when I log in.
>People must think I'm alright. I'm finally a part of something.
>One day in Astranaar, checking my mailbox
>Have a letter from the guild leader out of nowhere.
>Says something like: "Anon, I've been getting a lot of complaints about your behaviour from a few members. Stop being annoying or you'll be kicked"

>Sperg out and leave the guild without saying goodbye.
>Nobody from the guild tries to contact me ever again.
>Stop playing WoW a few weeks later.

Looking back on it I probably was a autist faggot but I can't believe I was disliked so much and nobody told me.
>>
File: 1456999905930.jpg (31 KB, 683x470) Image search: [Google]
1456999905930.jpg
31 KB, 683x470
>>331378276
Sometimes. But I usually just switch guilds/clan then. Why should I care about them when they don't care about me?
>>
>>331378276
join the raid/RBG team and people will want to dick around with you more and more to the point where you just want to go back to loging in for an hour to do dailies or whatever the fuck you do now and then log out again.

Its a double edged blade
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.