[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finished DeS, DaS 1 and 2 no problem >figure I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (61 KB, 250x312) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
61 KB, 250x312
>finished DeS, DaS 1 and 2 no problem
>figure I'd give this a go since I got a PS4 anyway
>even gave me a free PSN to play online
>playing the intro
>things are ok
>controls are a bit weird, button placement is hard to get used to, triangle for heal?
>keep pressing on
>get to a bridge
>werewolves and shit on it
>fuck that, I'll come back later
>find a secret hole and explore it
>guys down there nearly one shot me
>Welp that's not where I go
>attempt to kite a wolf
>molotov his ass
>doesn't stagger
>stun locks me into oblivion
>as I die the other one comes over to piss on me before I vanish

I see now that I won't be enjoying this game too much since I can't use a shield at all. Wow that framerate too. Is it supposed to be constantly like Blight town, or is it just that opening area?
>>
Shield only scrubs got it harder. You need to be aggressive and learn how to stagger with the gun.
>>
File: 1458220036978.gif (2 MB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
1458220036978.gif
2 MB, 581x542
>>331358356
>Stagger with the gun
It's so fucking weak though. How's that peashooter gonna do anything?

Gimme some tips, the first section of all these games is always the hardest because of the limited options available.
>>
If you're a shield user in Souls, it'll take a bit to get used to, but once you do it's easier than any Souls game.

>>331358356

I found it easier without the gun.
>>
>>331358619

>Two hand the axe
>Focus all your upgrades on the axe
>Only level up Strength >> Vitality >>> Endurance
>The charged R2 move while two handing the axe is an excellent zoning move with great damage
>>
>>331358619
Man you're supposed to parry with the gun, shoot during the attack animation of the enemy and if you get the timig right they get staggered and you can riposte, exactly like souls game
>>
File: 1365143206454.gif (308 KB, 240x211) Image search: [Google]
1365143206454.gif
308 KB, 240x211
>>331359271
>>331359245
How do I kick?
I like to kick shields.
>>
>get knocked down
>no invincibility frame
Wow!
>>
I recommend going back down the hole with the beast people to circumvent the werewolves. They're really bullshit hard to fight for this early in the game, and the beast people are easier to fight.
General tip, dodge to the side of enemies instead of backwards, like i-frame through their attacks.
>>
>>331359375
What shields are you supposed to kick in Bb
>>
>>331359769
Guys with wood planks have shields though.
>>
File: 1369466360742.jpg (63 KB, 622x521) Image search: [Google]
1369466360742.jpg
63 KB, 622x521
>>331359747
I'll try that then next time I play.
I had to stop because I started having anxiety due to my MS acting up. So now my entire right arm is doing the Micheal J Fox
>>
You can't turtle shield like you could in Souls. Gonna have to learn to dodge or give up. Also if you were waiting for DaS3 expect the same shit. They seem to have taken a page out of BBs book.
>>
guys, do i need to do something before going NG+?

done the queen of the yharnam...
>>
>>331360338
Have you done cainhurst
>>
quit relying on shields, faggot. BB is an aggressive game. dont forget to mess around with changing trick weapons
>>
>>331360636

yes, i think i just need to kill all the npcs before proceding.... does the perfect waifu drops anything?
>>
the parry timing takes some getting used to, as does triangle to heal; the two werewolves are motherfuckers, though. i still die to those fuckers occasionally when making a new char. and yeah, make full use of your iframes when quickstepping/rolling; most enemies have a flurry attack, so dodging to their side is very important. which wep did you start with?
>>
>>331359826
Do a charged attack on them

They die in one hit anyway
>>
>>331361527
I chose the one that is like a blade on a stick that folds in half to a blade with a handle.
>>
>>331357951
Lure the werewolves into the house near the lantern. They can't get through the door and you can hit them with charged attacks from a tricked weapon from outside their range if you space it right.
>>
>>331361527
>the parry timing takes some getting used to
It feels exactly the same as in Dark Souls. I've only tried the game twice, but on the second time when I knew that the gun was used for parry I immediately got it.

It really is the same, you land the move on them as the part of their attack animation where damage is delivered is active.
>>
>button placement is hard to get used to

nice bait
>>
>Never finished DeS
>Loved the fucking shit out of DS, beat it multiple times
>Got DS2 day one on PC, played it with friends and had a good time
>BB was the first time since DeS I would have to play alone
>Picked threaded cane so I can feel like a Belmont
>Got my shit wrecked by the werewolves
>Got my shit wrecked again
>And again
>And again
>Ran past them like a wimp
>Somehow beat the cleric beast, took almost a half hour because I was doing no damage to it
>Bought PS+ around the time SF5 came out
>Have been playing online with randoms
>Pleasant experience because I don't have my perfectionist friend screaming in my ears over every little thing and I'm almost never dying, even beat the one crazy bitch on my first go

I think my personal ranking goes DS<DeS<BB<DS2
>>
>>331361481
herself
>>
>>331359245
This.
Every souls game has an easymode that typically goes something like that.
>>
>>331362428
Is there still plenty of players on BB?

I'm late to the party so I'm currently trying to blast through DS2 before the new release but I've noticed there's not many players left.

I don't want to get round to BB in a while and there's no one there either.
>>
>>331363061
I'm still in the early game, the furthest I've gotten is like three or four bosses in and the last thing I remember doing is fighting some chick who turns into a big werewolf.

Sometimes you have to wait just a little bit, but I've never had to wait more than five or so minutes for a couple players to join and I always double up on a party quick.
>>
>>331357951

lol you don't need a shield in this game

you have insanely huge i-frames and your dodges hardly use any stamina

just anime speedline everywhere you scrub
>>
>>331363320
okay sounds good, I will try to get on it asap though.

There's a lot of points in DS2 now where there is no player summons at all.
>>
>>331363358
This

Stop complaining about not being able to turtle you retard
>>
>>331357951
>controls are a bit weird

It's the same engine as DeS and DaS but more responsive, like how is it weird if you've played the others

>stun locks me into oblivion
They stun you for 1 hit for which you can dash in all of 8 directions after, if fighting a werewolf I recommend dashing in to them

someone is in need of gitting gud
>>
OP, you suck
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.