[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will they fuck up Civilization VI?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: civ.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1356) Image search: [Google]
civ.jpg
671 KB, 1920x1356
How will they fuck up Civilization VI?
>>
>>331353457
Simply by making it within the next 5 years.

Far too many Civ like games from them in the last few years. No one is actually looking to get another civ since it will be the exact same as every other pile of shit they released recently.
>>
>>331353457
Here's how they could possibly fuck it up:
>Limiting or simplifying combat even further
>Simplifying victory paths such as diplomacy or cultural
>Using less civs (though it's unlikely unless the pull another BE)
>Toning down the uniqueness of each civ (e.g. removal of multiple leaders per civ and leader traits)
>Worse AI than before
>Trying to introduce something new to the series that could possibly fuck up the flow of the game
I expect VI to be simplified in some ways for a "wider audience" either way, so it's already going to be fucked in my eyes. They can bring in a few new civs, maybe bring back leader traits or multiple leaders, and try new things, but I doubt they're going to make the game any more complex that vanilla V was to appeal to casuals. It'll likely get some DLC that makes the game a lot better, too.
>>
>>331353457
Is this supposed to be from Civ 5 or the Civ series in general?
>>
>>331354267
Pic is Civ IV
>>
>>331353457
who's that boner owner in the foreground on the right?
>>
Make it take place on an actual globe
>b-b-but muh projections
triangles and more moves per unit, I want new shit.
>>
>>331353457
it's gonna be a buggy mess for vanilla, get a bunch of map/civs DLC and like two expansion packs in the span of three years and a bunch of community mods for it to be playable and then you'll get it on a steam flash sale for fifteen dollars
>>
If the vanilla game has less features than BNW currently has (religion, tourism, trade routes, etc) its gonna suck dick

i dont blame them for waiting as long as possible to release it. theres a fucking shit-ton of content available for civ v in the form of mods and customizable games or scenarios.
>>
>>331353457
>no ranged units, everything is meele
>city micromanaging is removed, you can only choose what to build now
>strategic resources removed
>>
File: 1456127004822.jpg (514 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1456127004822.jpg
514 KB, 1280x1280
BY NOT REMOVING HEXAGONS
>>
>>331353457
Who's that Boner Toner next to Caesar and Mao?
>>
>>331353457
0UPT.
No tiles.
Cities are basically characters in final fantasy ATB.
>>
File: 1376834280735.png (22 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
1376834280735.png
22 KB, 417x500
>>331353457
>that shit eating grin on Queen Vic's face

She knows what's about to go down. British Empire Mk II, brought to you by Financial-Imperialistic.

But to answer your question, just look at BE. Civ VI will at least be on a new engine and probably under more scrutiny, but there's all kinds of bullshit there to take as evidence. Just to name a few ones not already in the thread:
>Oversimplified/samey unit roster
>Technology bloat
>Trivializing the caravan system
>Whatever the fuck was going on with BE's happiness system
>>
>>331356989
>>that shit eating grin on Queen Vic's face

i cant even fucking tell who half of the people are
>>
>>331354838
looks like Mia Fey to me, but probably not
>>
>>331354914
>>b-b-but muh projections

one of the things hexes can actually do really well is make globes
>>
>>331354838
Maybe a young Catherine.
>>
Civ V game when
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.