[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, I have a question. if my pc runs perfectly borderlands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: bord.jpg (45 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
bord.jpg
45 KB, 460x215
hey guys, I have a question.
if my pc runs perfectly borderlands 1 can it run borderlands 2? and borderlands goty?
my pc has 4 gm ram intel core i3 1.9 ghz and intel hd graphics 4400
>>
>>331351675
pirate and try it.

if i had to guess, i'd say you can run it.
>>
low/low-med should be no problem maybe higher w/ phys x off.
>>
i have the same shitty card and it chugs even in a window with dead settings. which is funny because i can play fallout 4 with better fps. shit game, poorly optimized.
>>
Probably. Borderlands 2 wasn't a giant leap in graphics. If you could run Borderlands 1 on high settings you should be able to manage Borderlands 2, or at least on lower settings. Just pirate it and see if it works or buy it off Steam and return it if it doesn't work.
>>
>>331352332
>Borderlands 2 wasn't a giant leap in graphics.

This, you should be capable of running it on medium OP, but never ever turn on physx.
It can easily FPS lag even decent rigs,
>>
highjacking this thread to ask if i should play 1 before i play borderlands 1.

I got BL2 from a giveaway and i was wondering if i should pirate BL1 for story purposes.
>>
I bought borderlands + DLC

it was all the same, so repetitive

fuck damn Bordelands
>>
>>331351675
You should be fine. Benchmarks ran B2 on low 1024x768 with 49fps. You might can run it medium on low res and no Physx. Just fuck around with the settings and what looks comfy to you.
>>
>>331352503
*if i should play BL1 before i play BL2.

I just finished TftBL and it was fun.
>>
>>331352503
there's barely any story and the story that it has kind of sucks. these games are loot shooters with a decent graphic style and a ton of memes

you could play BL1 because it's not a bad game but it does get really repetitive and definitely don't play it just for the story
>>
File: this fucking game mang.jpg (85 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
this fucking game mang.jpg
85 KB, 1280x800
>>331352792
So, i'm fine just playing the second?

Cool, thanks for the reply.
>>
>>331352503
Borderlands 1 is briefly recapped during the intro cutscene.
>>
>>331352503
1 sucks. 2 is better in every way.

The only novelty of 2 is that you'll see people from 1 and go, "oh that guy!"
>>
>>331352503
The story for 1 is recapped in 2, the player characters from 1 are all main characters in 2 but you will figure it out.

INstead of story purposes you should really play BL1 because it is a better game than 2.
>>
>wanting to run anything after the first game
have "fun"
>>
>>331353368
What makes 1 better?

Everyone usually praises 2.
>>
>>331353367
>2 is better in every way.
Except level design, weapon generation, writing, atmosphere...

One thing better in 2 is that the class skills are typically more noticeable than in 1 where they can seem very minor.
>>
>>331353570
No.
>>
>>331351675
>i3
Borderlands is ancient. Yes, you should easily be able to play the full trilogy.

>>331352619
I did, but Borderlands 1 is extremely bare-boned. It was designed for two people to run around killing stuff without any story elements holding them back. The game is definitely unbalanced for single player. Focus on buying a shield with the largest possible number, and you should be good.
>>
>>331353661
K, thanks for the tip.

I've only played 2 for a couple minutes.
Killed one boss and stopped because i'm halfway on 2 other games.
>>
>>331353536
Main problems are backtracking, loot scaling, and random item generation.

I am playing 2 right now and I like it but I had more fun with 1. Also, the writing in 2 is complete fucking garbage. Every character talks like they are a hipster blog and the game is full of memes and "the reference is the joke" style humor.
>>
every gun looks and feels the exact wonky fucking shit way in the second game its garbage compared to the first one
every weapon is a fucking gimmick weapon
every class is a boring fucking gimmick class with shitty talent specs that do absolutely nothing unique its a waste of time
>>
>>331352503
>>331353536
>>331353570
>>331353368
>>331353367

All the Borderlands games are pretty good and all worth a shot. If possible, play 1>2>Pre-Sequel, I know Pre-Sequel is the game in the middle of 1 and 2, but it's better if you play 2 before it. There isn't a "1 is better than 2 huuuurrrrrr", they're all pretty good, they all have some Pros/Cons over the others.
>>
>>331353898
>they all have some Pros/Cons over the others
No shit, it just happens that I think 1 skews more towards the "pro" side than 2. I am still enjoying 2 and I will probably play the Pre-Sequel sometime despite the idiotic name and the doubtless inclusion of the same idiotic writing from 2.
>>
play 1 > nothing else
>>
>>331352503
You level much easier on BL1 than BL2
You clock more hours on BL2 than BL1
i don't even use the specials on either games, but I still manage
>>
>>331354287
Will is still have fun playing 2 if i play alone?

I also don't have the dlcs, so is it still worth it?
>>
>>331354105
Not who you were replying to, but if some of the dialogue had been pruned from BL2 I think it would be a much stronger game (though drops and level scaling are fucked I admit). TPS tried to be good game, but a similar situation with dialogue where if Janey had been tweaked I feel like the fumbling with the plot would be more acceptable and it is only a little less fucked gun wise vs 2. TPS and 2 at only worth it for Jack honestly
>>
>>331355407
I have been playing alone and it is fine. I have some DLCs from the GOTY edition or something but I am not sure what all it includes apart from the 2 new classes. I don't think you would miss much.
>>
>>331355695
Something that would greatly improve the game in my opinion would be the ability to warp back to town at any time.
>>
>>331355407
I have most of the DLC on both games
on BL1, I did half the game without DLC
on BL2, I did maybe 20% before I got either shit on it or bored.
There's an actual BL sale on Steam if you wanna try to get some DLC out of it

BL2 hotfixes did make the game somewhat enjoyable again, but I got stuck at lvls 13-16 on BL2
>>
Wat is this BS... i cant buy BL1 or BL2 cuz "this product is not blah blah region"

Butttt i can buy the triple pack for 3.5$ and only come with BL1 and Claptrap DLC...

Fuck u volvo!
>>
>>331356130
haha 4head kappa xDXDXDxdXDXD
>>
File: ml.jpg (188 KB, 1352x708) Image search: [Google]
ml.jpg
188 KB, 1352x708
>AR's suck dick in BL2
>still like this gun

Post gunfus
>>
>>331358737
pft
yeah looks great good gun design
>>
why is pre-sequel such shit?
I fucking hate the whole moon. all of it.
>>
>>331359469
BUT DESTINY
MOON CAVE MARS CAVE AND NORMAL CAVE DEVELOPEMTNE PLS ENJOY THESE MOONCAVES ANON WE FOLLOWED THE NORM
>>
>>331359469
Elpis was a mistake.
> tfw Dahl didn't get to blow up that shitty fucking moon
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.