[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW nostalgia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97
File: mankirkswife.jpg (26 KB, 508x382) Image search: [Google]
mankirkswife.jpg
26 KB, 508x382
Can we have a WoW nostalgia thread?

>that first time you set foot in Orgrimmar
>that first time you wiped the raid by pulling the whole instance
>that first time you saw someone with a mount
>that first time you successfully ran Deadmines

Pic related
>>
>>331351138
>that first time you set foot in Orgrimmar
orgrimmar was underwhelming compared to stormwind and ironforge.
>>
>Having to stat to be uncrushable for raid tanks
>Thunder Clap only hits 4 targets
>Cleave only hits one other target
>Heroic Strike & Cleave are on next swing, not instant
>2's arena's exist.
>>
>reaching the top of the Black Temple to face Illidan
>>
>getting keyed for raids
>>
>>331351138

>getting ganked for the first time

i was a silly level 15 troll, thinking my lightning bolts would do anything to that NE druid in the crossroads.
>>
>hunter using melee midway through heroic 'cause out of arrows
>>
>>331351484
I've mained warrior since vanilla up til now and I smile at how easy we are now compared to them.

I can tank a mythic dungeon while drunk & high on live and never die, but on a vanilla private server it's a living hell to tank UBRS or Scholo. BC really was a ease of living for tanks because it was far easier for me to tank say SH/ other hard Bc heroic.
>>
File: 1456094608021.png (277 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456094608021.png
277 KB, 640x360
>>331351795
>this happened during illidan fight
>we wiped at like 12%
>raid leader: YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT IF YOU EVEN GET OUT OF ARROWS I'M GOING TO FUCKING KICK YOU FROM THE GUILD
>It happened the next week
>kicked
>his face when
>>
playing nostalrius just confirmed that the game is good at the time and its never the same when you play it again even if it's exactly the same
>>
>that time I fell asleep when my buddy got me to try WoW back in 2006
Great times, it was a 10/10 nap.
>>
https://youtu.be/JJw-ZaW2jFk
>>
>>331351138
>first time you take a FP
>>
File: WHAT IF HE GETS TO THA BOILA.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WHAT IF HE GETS TO THA BOILA.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
>First time you got your own mount.

It was my Troll Shaman, first guy to level 40, but i hadn't saved up enough jewgold until like level 48.

I was so fucking pumped, some auction i had sold whilst i was questing in 1k needles or whatever. I can still remember with near tears in my eyes telling my guild.

I ran through the barrens via Ghost-wolf and several of my guide mates joined me, we all zoned in on the Raptor vendor.

Anyone who had a mount (So like 3 of the 7 people there, including my bro) formed a line and i let everyone vote on which color to get. Fate led me to the glorious Turquoise Raptor.

Everyone cheered and we all rode around for a bit, showed off our mounts at the orc/troll starting bit, helped some folk out questing and shit, such good memories.
>>
>didn't know how to do quests
>didn't like reading
>literally just killed mobs to level up, one by one as a prot warrior 'cause I was new.
>fast forward a year and a half
>level 70, maybe 13 years old
>all of a sudden learn the game overnight, and literally jump into the raiding scene with in a week and am a notable main tank in one of the furthest progressed guilds.
>>
File: 1454546890508.gif (2 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
1454546890508.gif
2 MB, 450x188
I'm old, /v/...

I felt these feels for Ultima Online and later FFXI. But never WoW. WoW was released when I was 18 years old, and while it was fun, it never really amazed me. Least of all the environments, which I found to be dull and rather lifeless compared to FFXI.

I come here now and see posters discussing how Assassin's Creed was a good game; how GTA IV was fun and good; and I can't help but wonder what I'm still doing here.

I hope you never turn out like me, /v/. I hope you get away from this wretched place before it's too late.
>>
>>331352979
I'm 30 and I like both GTA IV and V. Take a break from /v/ and you'll enjoy things again.
>>
File: 1357205796963.jpg (101 KB, 584x976) Image search: [Google]
1357205796963.jpg
101 KB, 584x976
>Girlfriend convinces me to join WoW.
>Was gonna make an Alliance night elf warrior, but she has me make a Horde blood elf paladin because "It's basically the same thing except you can heal!"
>Okay, but I don't wanna be a Sephiroth clone dipped in orange juice so I make a female.
>Guys are hitting on me and I have no idea what to do.
>Oh gawd seriously what am I doin and what does "rez pls" and "mats" mean?
>I'm questing in Stranglethorn Vale on a PvP server when I dump said girlfriend.
>Get booted from guild.
>No protection from all the ganking and murderizing.
>Fuck it time for a fresh start, join another server.
>Quickly climb the ranks of a guild called Honor Guard and take part on jolly co-operation, helping anyone passing by, joining dungeon teams for back up healing/damage/repair bot stuff.
>Give everyone mechanical squirrels.
>Control the thorium market because I love Winterspring and haul in good gold. Like seriously nobody would buy thorium from anyone else.
>Guild crumbles and switches its values after about two years.
>Leave guild.
>Old members who were cool invite me to new guild. It's called Dirty Little Horde which is fuck retarded but at least my bros are there.
>Say I'm gonna take a few weeks off, which was normal for me.
>Never return.
>Think about maybe twice a year.

Not the most interesting story, but it sums up my time playing WoW. I was more in to working on my professions and exploring tho than raiding n' shit.
>>
>>331351971
I get him being upset but that seems a tad extreme. What were raid comps back then? something like 3 tanks, 4 healers, and 18 dps? so each dps is responsible for a little more than 5% of the bosses health
>>
>tfw I would grind on my Paladin for materials required for my mount every morning before school
>>
File: Slippy Stoned As Fuck.jpg (7 KB, 97x204) Image search: [Google]
Slippy Stoned As Fuck.jpg
7 KB, 97x204
>Fly zone to zone spamming general chat as I try to put a BFD group together
>Assail people on /who begging them to join
>I'm a DPS shaman, so of course I'm shoe horned into being the healer.
>Tank shows up with a two hander, dies on the third mob and the group all just quit
>This collectively took around 4 hours.

Yeah man, I sure miss those days

On a side note

>Mythril stacks sell for 7 whole gold
>>
>>331354578
>be arms warrior in BC
>doing heroics as DPS
>full pvp gear
>get badass healer, just waiting on tank
>bullshit with healer, tell him I got pvp gear so high ass stamina
>higher health than most heroic tanks
>says cool just be quick to switch to shield on bosses if needed
>fastest heroics ever.
>>
The only thing to really be nostalgia at in wow is

>tfw almost nobody in the game was a try hard and people played the game to have fun
>>
>moon guard
>cyber sex all day
>pre-futa invasion
>>
>>331355165
This.

also

>Servers were community policed
>You felt a sense of pride for your server especially in BGs
>Guilds were tight as fuck
>Any faggots, scammers or ninjas were named and shamed
>Everyone enjoyed the game
>>
>>331356007
>MG
>Not low quality RP

Step it up to WRA boyo
>>
>>331356167
We were around before WRA nigga, don't forget, you got all the reject RPers from the free merger
>>
>>331356505
And they promptly got laughed out of WRA's heavy rp community

Enjoy your half dragons
>>
>>331351138
>leveling a pally all the way to 60 without realizing I can only be a healer if I want to raid
>>
File: 1456871783904.jpg (102 KB, 500x646) Image search: [Google]
1456871783904.jpg
102 KB, 500x646
>that first time you saw someone with a mount
Fuck no that guy was an asshole.

>questing in loch modan
>see a silver vein on the map in an ogre camp
>kill like 3 ogres trying to get to it
>on last ogre
>asshole with mount runs up out of nowhere
>takes it
>mounts up and runs away
>mfw
>>
>getting mauled by a plague bear after wandering into the Western Plaguelands at level 10

This had to be a pretty common occurrence.
>>
File: 1389488513968.jpg (37 KB, 782x577) Image search: [Google]
1389488513968.jpg
37 KB, 782x577
>first time glitching out of the map boundaries and visiting the world tree
>>
>>331351138
>you find the ingame funeral pyre for that guy in the Barrens.

I never looked into it, but did Blizz keep the memorial after Cata?
>>
also anyone have that pic of the dwarf who was watching those night elves ERP in the Deeprun Tram?
>>
>>331352042
I don't agree with this. I played on Nostalrius and the game was better than I remembered.
>>
>looking for Black Lotus spawns in Kalimdor
>spot a human mage enroute to the spawn point
>he gets there first, but I sap him mid-pick
>pick it for my self then just walk away

And that was the best moment of being a herbalist.
>>
>>331351312
Thunder Bluff was pretty cool looking though
>>
vanilla WoW was objectively the worst WoW has ever been
>>
>>331351795
>Mfw forgot about having to have arrows every time

Holy fuck I forgot how shitty vanilla was how does any one want to go back to the shitfest.
>>
>>331356870
Every undead knows the tale of Welcome Bear, friend of the Son of Arugal.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Welcome_Bear
>>
>>331356580
Beats me man, I haven't played since Cata.
>>
>>331351634

Putting this back in would fix everything I hate about current wow
>>
> That first time stepping through the dark portal and beholding the epic battle taking place on the steps
>>
>>331351746

>getting ganked for the first time

I was a level 5 human priest in 2005, leveling up in northshire, when suddenly a level ?? undead rogue (probably in his 20s) appeared and spammed /lol at me.

I had no idea what the fuck it was so I started wacking him. When I did, i got one shot.

I asked general chat about it and they said it was another player.

So i came up with this genius idea where I created a rogue, leveling him to 11, gathered like 4 other noobs and rode the zeppelin to stranglethorn so that we could start heading towards northshire. but all of the raptors in STV fucked us up hardcore and all but one person left

so i started swimming with this dude up to deadmines and i dont remember anything after that, but i assume nothing went as planned
>>
>>331357726
woo lad to be level 58 again
>>
>tricking scrubs at the crossroads into helping me summon a Doomguard so that I could release it upon the quest npcs

>running all the way to Westfall on my rogue because I couldn't afford a lvl 40 60% mount and ganking noobs there all day and killing quest npcs

>grew out of my edgy teenager phase, started helping people, joined a guild at the beginning of TBC and I first experienced the joys of raiding Kara

I feel bad for being such a little prick during Vanilla, but hey, I was an edgy teenager
>>
TYPE /AFK REPORT TO AUTOMATICALLY REPORT PLAYERS AFK IN THE BG
>>
>those sick days staying home from school and playing WoW

Comfortable as fuck
>>
>>331358547
>/e
>anon: has reported you afk! To remain within this battleground and not be removed, type /afk
>works everytime

I actually thought it was good because it got rid of the scrubs in AV
>>
>>331351138
The worst thing for me is devaluating of everything in game. Even mounts and achievements. Nowadays everybody has Baron's steed, Kael'Thas' phoenix and Onyxia's dragon. Players are being flooded with new achievements every expansion and nobody recalls old good ones like Argent Champion.
>>
>>331358808
same.

it's like a rite of passage.

I fell for it back in the day.
>>
>>331358862
They really should just bite the bullet and remove some things when they become too easy to acquire, even if it's sure to get some whinebabs to rage. I mean I'm pissed I didn't get my plagued proto drake in time, but I can't imagine how shitty it must feel for people who had the Raven Lord mount as a non-druid before they trivialized it must feel when I ride by with mine which I got in fucking MoP.

I would be fine with them introducing an ultra rare mob (TLPD/Poseidus+ tier) that dropped random mounts that had been removed as a band aid. The time lost proto drake is pretty much the only mount I feel proud about having now.
>>
>Getting lost in Karazhan
>>
File: Xv58Nhd.jpg (79 KB, 453x634) Image search: [Google]
Xv58Nhd.jpg
79 KB, 453x634
Pucker up, buttercup
>>
>tfw guild lets you join on raids even though you're a clueless kid playing fucking fury warrior because you'd been with the guild since it was a leveling guild where the majority of players were level 30
>tfw it took over a year to get to level 60 because you spent so much time fucking around, doing BGs, raiding crossroads and capital cities, fishing, "exploring" zones you didn't even know which level they were for, etc.
>>
File: file.png (624 KB, 443x769) Image search: [Google]
file.png
624 KB, 443x769
>>331359341
I've had plenty of trouble killing these fuckers
>>
>>331359238
Best BC raid? Best BC raid

>>331357010
I would like to know this also.
>>
File: laughing-shamen.jpg (10 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
laughing-shamen.jpg
10 KB, 273x185
>>331351138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNUOnZOcGIw

Kept it around for the Paladin tears at the end of it. Gives me a shit eating grin every time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bgggKMvQU

forever best
>>
>start in late vanilla
>was a nightelf
>people talk and tell me about the other cities, and that most people hang out in ironforge
>do the now classic nightelf run from darnassus to ironforge through the wetlands
>holy shit ironforge is awesome
>see all the high levels in cool armor hanging around on mounts
>see a paladin in full t2 with a hand of rag, he looks incredible
>fills me with awe and envy, just think "i want to be that guy, i want to be good and have gear like that where people look up to me"
It was great, i did eventually become that guy in BC when i was a rogue with glaives and full t6.

The game isn't like that anymore. Nobody gives a shit who is good, the people who are good don't even look good because all the new gear looks like trash and most people transmog into meme styles anyway. Nobody cares about joining a high end raiding guild because every raid has like 5 difficulties so anyone can do them and get pretty much the same gear.
>>
>tfw you used to be literal ass terrible at the game
>mained a Paladin
>kept on trying to get into groups for BRD Emperor runs
>eventually I do get into a group even though I'm painfully underleveled and undergeared, along with unskilled
>kill Emp and Ironfoe drops
>need role win it saying now I could do more dps and use a shield
I don't know if I've gotten than much better honestly over the years, but holy shit my first year or so in playing was expedition in playing like ass.
>>
>>331361347
I made the reverse run in vanilla from Dun Morogh to Menethil as a dwarf because I wanted to level in the night elf place. First time I ever actually met a horde player was when a tauren druid randomly showed up along the way and ripped my ass in two.

But as for the whole "that guy" thing there was at least some of that in MoP, me and a bunch of IRL friends started playing again with the release of 5.4 and became the top guild on the server, and there was definitely people mirin so hard they accidentally invited us. There was even a horde guild that parodied our guild name (quite terribly). I haven't actually raided or spent any real time in WoD, but yeah I imagine that's simply not possible because of garrisons now.

Maybe class halls in legion will bring some of that back.
>>
>>331351138
Any point into geting into WoW now?
>>
>>331362250
No, come back in 6 months or so and ask again and maybe Legion knocked it out of the park but most likely not.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_031916_201823.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_031916_201823.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>331362250

Sure, always stuff to do and catch up on.
>>
File: ok.png (14 KB, 512x686) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
14 KB, 512x686
>you'll never take your 49 twink into Hellfire and fuck up 58-60 clothies again
>>
>>331362556

>Archimonde

Didn't I kill him 10 years ago? What gives?
>>
>>331362963
Demons never die unless they die in the Twisting Nether, only then do they truly die across all timelines.

Yes, this is an actual retcon blizzard put in so they could recycle Archimonde
>>
>>331351138
one of the coolest moments i had ever experienced in a videogame
>be a NE, because i'm a big homo
>first time playing an MMO, only level 10 or so
>walking to Darnassus
>theme starts just as screen begins to intermittently shake
>think it's some challenge, stand still and start rotating camera
>as i rotate it back, turns out it's a fuck huge ancient patrolling the grounds of darnassus, majestically guarding my race's capitol city against filthy horde invaders
i was so much younger, then, i could still be impressed by things like that
i also believed that darn had some value, instead of a pain in the ass city in the middle of nowhere that was constantly deserted
>>
Where's Golemagg?

Why am I in combat?
>>
>playing mage on private server BC because poorfag
>last boss if karazhan
>roll need on cloak
>win it
>happy that I finally have an epic cloak
>everyone is raging at me
>have no idea why
>just leave
>later join tk pug
>people inspect me, rage at me and grt kicked
>still dont know why
>finally someome tells me
>my epic cloak was a healer cloak
so glad they removed them in wotlk
>>
>>331362556
Should i use the boost? Also im not sure f I would want to be a healer, tank or dps
>>
>>331357186
(You)
>>
>>331363305
>spirit
>+healing magic

I loved being a holy paladin.
>literally noone rolls on same gear
>>
>>331363790
Not him but that's very true all the way until bwl
>>
>>331358009
this is what has faded from WoW
people going on their own adventures, whether they fail or not
raiding the other faction's cities for fun was something i always wanted to do, but never had the chance to
>>
>>331363404
I wouldn't rush into the boost until you really know what you wanna play.
>>
>>331353301
Everyone's is unique. You have your own. You don't have to go back. It won't be the same. Just cherish it, anon.
>>
>>331351484
>>331351971
>Holding Bethekk's constantly-spawning panther adds in ZG

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>331363832
I only looked at main stats
It gives stamina and intellect? MAGE ITEM
>>
>>331351746
>a friend convinces me to play wow (was in WOTLK)
>he has experience so he's kind of my bodyguard/mentor
>i'm a warrior and he's a druid so i'm the tank when we play together
>instead of taking the easy way we go to the badlands on foot/mounts
>i'm about 10/15 levels behind him so if something hits me on the road i'm dead
>after about an hour and a half of nonstop running finally get to the badlands
>go out to level with my friend
>suddenly a draenei lvl80 fucks our shit up as soon as we step outside
>laugh it off and continue playing

Also there was one time where two Alliance players where doing the same as us (inexperienced player accompanied by a mentor) and we started fighting, eventually the Alliance druid transformed into an eagle and flew off leaving his friend to die a horrible,painfull death by our hands.
>>
>>331363050
It makes sense seeing as how demons always seem to be in large numbers. It's not the worst retcon I think.
>>
inspecting level 60s and just being in awe of their epics, especially if they had Thunderfury holy shit
>>
anyone remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTlYNsoMUM
>>
>>331364227
Should I play a few classes up to level twenty then?
>>
>>331363964
>Me and guild mate stay up late after raid.
>Ride through strangelthorn to darkshire.
>Sit on roof ganking people.
>Ride into Stormwind and jump on tram.
>Gank people we find with PvP enabled.

It's funny how I found things like that so entertaining back then, a lot of game releases now just seem so mediocre that I don't get anywhere near as much enjoyment out of them. WoW had its share of problems but the feeling of community trumped it all.
>>
>>331351138
>tfw first time in Stormwind
>tfw first time reaching the boat in VC
>tfw Loch Modan
>tfw first time seeing Stitches and Mor'Ladim
>tfw ywn re-experience the Wetlands death run
>tfw Verigan's Fist
>tfw Nessingwary's Camp
>tfw South Seas pirates in Tanaris
>tfw first time in Winterspring
>tfw BRD
>tfw reaching exploits like the waterfall camp, IF airport, Wetlands farms
>tfw getting your first mount
>tfw grinding for the Black Whelping in the Badlands
>>
>>331364428
The cheapness of just putting in some lore crap so they could cash in on recycling well known enemies rather than making something original leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Blizzard knows WoW is in a tailspin and are only trying to squeeze as much as possible out of it with nostalgia rather than try to advance anything. It's pretty disgusting.
>>
>>331356580
I remember a lot of shitters on WRA when I played.
>>
>be with badass arena partner
>holy pal arms warrior
>meeting up with some hordie belf women outside of Scarlet Mon
>flirting and shit, we flagged
>some jealous guys come by and try to gank us
>we're in full current season pvp gear, rating pieces included
>literally fucking up like, 5-6 other level 70's just the two of us
>still /flirting /licking the belf ladies that are hanging out with us
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_031316_230208.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_031316_230208.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>331364636
>Should I play a few classes up to level twenty then?

Yeah that'll give you a good idea
>>
>[Duskwood: General] [Underlvlednoob]: HEY UHH SO I JUST FOUND A BIG DRAGON HERE
>[Duskwood: General] [Underlvlednoob]: IT'S LEVEL ?? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT LEVEL IT IS?
>[Duskwood: General] [Underlvlednoob]: SOMEONE HELP ME KILL BIG DRAGON PLZ
>>
>>331364898
Well they did do something original and people hated it, so there's no real benefit to it.
Also it's a themepark MMO built upon WoW nostalgia, no shit it's beating a dead horse constantly.

Should have just never had us kill those major characters like Arthas. Because what is even the point?
>>
This is a question off topic
Does anyone know if MoP fixes the places that where wrecked in Cata? I'm playing a Cata private server right now and despite having fun i hate the fact that my favorite places had their shit fucked up by Deathwing.
>>
>>331364636
Level 20 is really kind of a poor indicator of what a class plays like. The boost is more of a thing for your alt or returning players who already have a good idea of what they want.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXH7uJIVXZw
>>
Vanilla wow inspired the best fan content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhSpyoXCZpo
>>
>>331365217
No it doesn't, Cataclysm's changes are going to be there until the next cataclysmic event. Cataclysm was basically made to bring the old content in line with how the new content was designed, so there's no way they're going to revert it.
>>
>>331365217
No, Cata's changes are permanent.
>>
>>331365256
Where'd he hide all the bodies?

THE CRYPT
>>
>>331365347
i really liked this one back then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJd6541FH4
>>
File: lightningCapac.jpg (33 KB, 320x223) Image search: [Google]
lightningCapac.jpg
33 KB, 320x223
https://youtu.be/cBSj5JsCkAk
>>
>>331365217
>all those old glitch locations gone
>at least there's still some little easter eggs in the spots they used to be.
>>
>>331365357
>>331365384
So you mean they aren't rebuilding anything?
I was referring to that, not magically reverting them to the way they were before.
>>
>had severe vanilla nostalgia
>try nost
>it's shit
turns out my nostalgia was actually a pair of rose colored glasses

I do think there's one think vanilla does right, and it's the challenge. You can easily die questing, and that's pretty cool.
>>
Are things like nostralius better than retail WoW?
>>
>>331365585
Yeah. Nostalrious is ran by passionate fans and retail is ran by backstabbing jews.
>>
>>331365720
Which one would be better then? WoTLK, BC, Vanilla
>>
>>331365585
of course not. Unless you really hate what modern WoW is. You can always play through most of old wow content anyways.
>>
>>331366070
It's a preference/nostalgia thing desu, but I think vanilla is the only one with a really huge community.
>>
>>331365720
wait 6 months Nostalrious is making a BC server and you can carry over your vanilla character.
>>
Havent played WoW since BC. Considering playing the free trial up to 20 for the hearthstone skin.
How much has changed?
>>
>>331366372
e v e r y t h i n g
>>
>The Crossroads are under attack!
>>
>>331366070
Game took a very casual turn in WotLK which devastated the game beyond repair, which they wrote in stone with Cataclysm.

WotLK
>Casualized tanking
>Casualized gearing
>Fucking shit relic pieces for alt characters
>No More 2's arenas
>Not having set 25 and 10 man raids, letting them all be whatever you want
>Thunder Clap hits more than 4 targets
>Heroic Strike/Cleave no longer on next swing, instant cast
>Crushing hits non existant
>>
TBC > Vanilla > WotLK > Cata > MoP
>>
>>331366631
I'd put panda land over Cata
>>
I LOVE FUCKING HUHURAN
SO MUCH

>>331365720
Nost GMs are jews too, homie.
>>
>>331366631
TBC > WotLK = Vanilla > MoP > Cata
>>
>>331366757
>Nost GMs are jews too, homie.
In what way?
>>
>>331366727
4.0 was probably better than Pandaria and had potential, but yeah it went to shit and I'd rate everything after as worse than MoP.
>>
>>331365552
Vanilla zones will probably be the way they are forever. I doubt they'll spend the resources and time changing everything again. Especially without a lore reason.
>>
Some of the most gaming fun ive had

I was in the friends and family beta.

WoW release i knew more than most so I was the 20th or so to 60 on the server. but everything was so exciting. Me and my clanmates went a few years back to rts and fps games... There were about a solid 20 of us. Eventually most of us merged with guild we helped do server first molten core with. Continued to get server firsts, loved how in awe everyone was of mounts/epic . Regret not getting hwl, but pvped to r12. Even as a small guild we were top 10 in worldwide progression and I believe a couple horde firsts (twin emps first I think).

I'm 30 now and i still think about the fun we had. Me and my buddy will play a private server and bro it up from time to time, and on occasion I'll run across another old guildmate.
>>
>>331366521
>cc is completely useless in WotLK, can run ICC 5mans in 10-15 minutes with everyone solely on offense.

I had forgotten what Sap or Polymorph even looked like at that point
>>
is it worth going back to WoW or trying black desert?
>>
>>331366789
Being paid off by the Chinese to do nothing about the sheer Chinese populace on the server, locking any and all threads about the effects of the sheer Chinese populace on the server (lag, disconnections, English speaking being mandatory on the server but not for Chinese as they blank text and speak in Chinese everywhere, etc etc). They ignore any complaints about the problem.
>>
>>331366883
Forgot to mention that yeah.

I remember doing my first WotLK heroic not realizing you could just steam roll through 'em.

I was trying to mark and shit, but the group was moving faster than me, and it didn't matter.

>was tank
>>
>That feel when you remember the first time you cook shrimp on a fire you made on logs you just got from a tree you cut down.

Gives me a boner.
>>
File: dark souls.gif (1 MB, 303x217) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.gif
1 MB, 303x217
>mfw playing vanilla wow with 512mb ram and having to endure 1-2fps for 5-10 minutes every time i flew into stormwind

The good times.
>>
File: 1340926151615.jpg (4 KB, 159x250) Image search: [Google]
1340926151615.jpg
4 KB, 159x250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRiQE-xvDyQ&ab_channel=Wowmusicable

>trying to quest as carefully and stealthily as possible, music gets burned into your memory

Nothing has ever taught you patience like vanilla STV
>>
I wish I had all my old screenshots saved
>>
>>331367090
>tfw averaged 15 FPS through all of BC
>>
>>331367067
shut the fuck up runescape fag go hang out at the public library like all the other poor kids that couldn't afford WoW
>>
>>331366883
>>331367009
the heroics were a little on the easy side at launch, but were otherwise fine. the big issue was raid gear welfare. By the time 3.1 was around everyone was overgeared for Heroics, yet still ran them for points to purchase more welfare raid gear. the ICC 5 mans simply weren't balance well considering everyone running them at a good selection of ToC gear
>>
>>331367153
same

i literally couldn't enter a major city for the most part.

I'd get lag spikes and die in 1v1 against mobs because I'd get turned to the side or something.
>>
>>331366890
Neither. Chasing MMO nostalgia is like chasing your best heroin high.
>>
>>331367242
>welfare epics
oh man, i forgot about those.
>>
>Try out WoW because of Hearthstone promotion
>Have fun running about doing quests
>Hit level max for starter account

Fuck... I don't know anybody else besides two other friends who also tried it for the Hearthstone skin.

I remember seeing nearly fuck-all actual players, is it really that dead or is just nobody playing new characters? I'd be worried subbing for a month or two just to have end-game but empty as hell.
>>
>>331367090
>playing vanilla on a laptop during an australian summer
>cooling system involves logging off and sticking it in the freezer every hour or 2
>>
>>331365505
that is really awful
>>
>>331366890
No. MMO's are dead.
>>
>>331367396
You'll be able to find people at max level, but yeah not a lot of people making new characters
>>
>>331366315
more like 6 years
>>
>>331367379
you probably shouldn't. They caused most of the "casualization" that people talk about. When you in tier 2+ gear, of course heroics are going to be a face rolling fest

not to imply that other things hadn't happened to make certain roles easier, but I remember the heroics when the entire group was in dungeon blues and it wasn't as simple as people make it out to be
>>
>>331367009
>heroics
>realize they're so easy
>build a prot-fury hybrid build
>outdps the entire party put together
>>
File: nefarianhc.jpg (504 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
nefarianhc.jpg
504 KB, 1680x1050
Did you ever kill a really hard boss?
>>
>>331367396
It's probably pretty dead because everybody is waiting for the expansion. Even during WoW's boom things became stagnant around this time.
>>
>>331367396
1) it's fairly dead. Rumors are it's dropped down to 3 million subs, but they haven't merged any realms so everyone is scattered across infrastructure for 12 million
2) the game is now Queue of Warcraft. Lots of people never leave stormwind until they hit 90-100
3) game is incredibly bias towards cap level content, so don't expect many low levels anyway
>>
>>331367497
i just want to play a game with my friends ;_;
>>
>>331367396
WoD wow involves sitting in your garrison at all times doing Facebook tier gaming for """quests""" and only leaving to do a raid.

People are not in the world at all, especially in low level zones. Also if they are in the world, they are flying above everything not interacting with anything.
>>
>>331367846
Blaze Khan. It's great. just launched on steam
>>
>watching Nefarian wipe an entire raid because no one had the Onyxia scale cloak
>>
>>331367651
I honestly think the hardest boss I cleared was Sartharion with 3 on the original WotLK patch. That was pretty much the highlight of my WoW carrier. The asshole that won the mount quit WoW the next day and by the end of WotLK I didn't even kill the Lich King. Don't know why I even bought Cata, I quit after a week of that.
>>
>>331352854
sylvanas?
>>
File: valionahc.jpg (295 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
valionahc.jpg
295 KB, 1680x1050
>>331368015
obsidian slayer i see
>>
>>331368157
Moon Guard
>>
>>331367615
>>331367627

I'll never forget the first time I cleared a BC heroic (underbog), That shit was a nightmare....people getting 1shot left and right by bog giants. It took 2 fucking hours and we somehow managed to enjoy it because so few people had done it at that point.

>>331367651

The first time my guild killed Twin Emperors was the highlight of vanilla wow for me.
>>
>>
>>331368241
It's a cool boss but hardly the pinnacle of difficulty. 3 drakes was pretty challenging I guess. I wish I beat Algalon when that came out. Loved Ulduar, the last raid that actually had proper hard modes, rather then menu selection. Seriously Blizzard sacrificed every single cool aspect of the game for convenience and in doing so destroyed their own game. I still think flying mounts were the biggest mistake ever and LFG right after that.
>>
>>331367651
na, been playing for a long time but never been good at raiding. and I'm more antisocial that I should be.

I think this is the only expansion where I've cleared the last raid entirely when it was current. And only heroic, not mythic.
>>
>>331368667
Ah world PvP. I can barely remember it. I actually still had fun with the game back then.
>>
>>331368774
Algalon was cool. My first kill happened with just 5 minutes left on the timer. (he despawns 60min after engaging the first pull)
>>
>>331367651

I was in a top-tier guild from all of BC to the end of WOTLK, killed a huge majority of the bosses before strat videos were made for them. Still kept raiding in Cata and MoP but in a shitter guild that did heroics like 4 weeks after first kills.

In terms of hardness:
> Muru, just after the removed the knockback on his raid aoe
> 0 light Yogg 25 before they made the beacons super evident
> Mimiron hardmode

Those are the ones that stand out to me for being way above anything else.

Shoutout to hardcore progression 10m raiding at the start of Cata where they shoved the exact same mechanics of 25m raiding into 10 and just expected shit to work out. It was nearly impossible and killed our guild it was so awful. So many damn fights in BWD and Twilight with constant sub 1s cast times and interrupts still using hit% so tanks couldn't even be reliable. We had to have both of us doubleup and count as 1 interrupt and hope it would work. Wiped multiple times just because both of us happened to miss.
>>
Speaking of Algalon, found our guild's first kill of him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBMOFwuXy8s
>>
>tfw sarth+3 is just a nukefest after the next raid content.
>>
>>331359572
>shaman has best weapon in the game (at the time)
>pally does not understand why shaman hits so hard
>>
>>331369542
Shaman was also in HWL gear which had lastAQ/earlyNaxx ilvl
>>
Anal [Rupture]
Anal [Slam]
Anal [Fist of Justice]
Wts [Dirge]
[Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge][Dirge]
>>
What's the easiest class to level on Nostalrius? I'm bored af so might aswell grind in wow
>>
>>331369923
Don't bother with Nostalshit. It's buggy as fuck.
>>
>>331369923
hunter

>tfw soloing group quests while your warrior can barely 1v1 normies of the same level
>>
>>331369923
hunter and warlock
>>
>>331369923
aff warlock. corruption and life spihon everything and run around with your headcutoff.
>>
File: Sauron.gif (639 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Sauron.gif
639 KB, 300x225
>>331367124

>in best raiding guild on the server
>tfw people ganking your low level alt get annoying enough that you come back on your main

Good times
>>
>>331370039
Wasn't it the best Vanilla server or anything? What other server do you suggest? Wait for Corecraft?
>>
>>331364898
>retcon
but even malchezaar implied this in tbc
>>
>>331367927
HAhahaha are you motherfucking serious shill? This game looks like dogass after the biggest diarrhea in the history of dogshit.

Please kill yourself if you would suggest that instead of WoW.
>>
>>331370381
Kronos for vanilla or w8 for CC which will come out 2025
>>
>>331367651
m'uru last day before 3.0 nerf patch?
>>
Joined when WoTLK came out. Never did anything noteworthy though, i got 2 characters to lvl 50 or something and just got bored and made other characters. The dungeons were alot of fun though.
>>
>>331367651
>Always wanted to get into a serious raiding guild
>Cant because school

Fuck highschool.
>>
>>331357528
Yeah it did wonders for Wildstar.
>>
>>331371253
I dropped out so I could raid. Life still panned out okay for me.
>>
>Raid night
>Molten core, blackwing lair, basically every raid instance is located in blackrock mountain
>So is every raid guild on the server
>Tenuous cease fire is inevitably broken by a priest who abso-fucking-lutely has to attempt to mind control someone into the lava
>The floor is now carpeted in skeletons stretching from gate to gate and BWL orb down to the molten core
>Every night is raid night

It was a fucking blast. Back then if you wanted to raid something, you had to actually make your way there.
Usually the hour spent fighting with alliance raiding rivals to get into the raid was more fun than trudging through the actual raid.
Back when WoW was actually an mmo.
>>
>>331371885

I didn't say it would fix wow, I said it would fix what I personally hated,

Taking them out set the stage for an entitlement complex that every new player since has had...it's revolting.
>>
>>331372341
There's ways to prepare players for raiding content or gate bad players.

Doing it with boring timesinks is not the right way to do it.
>>
>>331372324
>actually traversing to the location
>calling people out for being lazy fucks that wont trek to the summoning stone
>summoning stones
>>
>>331367651
Kel'Thuzad back in vanilla. I think we were the 6th or something horde guild to get him down.
But 4 horsemen took a lot more coordination really.
I quit not long after when they released burning crusade though.
>>
>>331372324
BRM warfare was the best part about raiding. I just remember having to gather at Kargath and riding out as an entire guild to BRM to make it inside in time and to fight off the alliance.

Just a convoy ready to hate fuck everything in its way. It made the game so much better.
>>
>need roll Anzu mount
>druid pissed
>gets all his furfag friends to freeze me out of guild
>mfw already underappreciated off-tank
>tfw start my own guild and main tank that shit
>gettin' all that raid leader epussy
>distributing loot to my dick suckers
> i miss you valarie
>>
File: vDIZ5.jpg (5 KB, 569x18) Image search: [Google]
vDIZ5.jpg
5 KB, 569x18
It always infuriates me to read about people who say LFD was a godsend, that forming your own group took 8 hours and everyone left on the first trash wipe.

Forming groups was how you met people, made good friends. It made you want to play well because your reputation mattered. If you were really bad people would learn not to invite you.

Traveling 30 minutes to get to SM as an Alliance was part of the fun. The spontaneous PvP you might run into made it exciting. There was potential for a story there.

You had no guarantee you would get loot out of SM unless you were working on a quest. Rare level quest loot was usually pretty good, it was often an upgrade you would hold onto for 4-5 levels or more. It didn't scale to your level and every quest reward wasn't perfectly homogenized to make sure you were never missing something.

LFD and the latter LFR, CRZ and region-wide BGs are what killed this game for me. The community is dead. WoW isn't a world, it's just a lobby full of avatars what might as well be bots. I remember being in awe of prestigious guilds on my server that had cleared MC, BWL or ZG first. I remember proudly doing my part during the AQ event as all the major guilds pooled/farmed the major resources. I remember Scabard Lord Gurgthock sitting in Orgrimmar after the gong was rung. I remember High Warlords arguing in WorldDefense. I remember getting killed by Goon Squad when warlock summons could drop you off a cliff. Being a lowbie and seeing a guy ride by on an epic mount.

It was damn good.
>>
>>331374150
even ghostcrawler agrees
>>
>>331372670

How is clearing content you should be clearing anyway a boring timesink? Molten core was "lol do BRD" and BWL was "lol do UBRS". The onyxia questline was the only one that required commitment and most of the people who complain about it are just fucking lazy.

The only attunement in BC that was remotely hard was tempest keep (the rest of them were "do the content that precedes this content) and even then that was an amazing quest line followed by content you should be doing anyway.

Players need to learn that they have to walk before they can run. Everything doesn't need to be a fucking handout.
>>
File: 1439445494328.png (69 KB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
1439445494328.png
69 KB, 265x200
>>331371253
> 6 hours of raiding
> DKP saved up
> at the Rag 'cutscene'

Anon, come eat dinner with the family
>>
>>331374725
Karazhan was a fucking wild goose chase if I ever heard of one, but it was fun and very rewarding.

>tfw didn't know about quests to get keyed
>already did the content without having the quests
>had to redo that hard ass shit all over again.
>>
>>331374859

I ran into that one by accident and got keyed without knowing exactly what I was doing. I just assumed there'd be something important there after farming the stuff for netherweave during the pre expansion patch.
>>
>>331354872
My brother would do this shit while he was leveling early BC since at the time he had early rank 11 or 12 gear I think.
Fat ass orc warrior sprinting through dungeons with a druid healer doing runs of Ramps and BF like they were fucking Baal.

Guy would even do AV naked with TUF before BC hit.
>>
File: lmu9I0Kl[1].jpg (12 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
lmu9I0Kl[1].jpg
12 KB, 249x249
>tfw raiding in wotlk
>tfw GRAND BLACK war mammoth drops
>tfw convincing everyone that we should bid on it instead of rolling because I had the most DKP in the guild
>>
>>331375346
>not giving the BIG BLACK mammoth to the guild's only girl
>>
>>331359572
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_inDkNPBQ
Oh hey man :^).
>All dat gear switching.
Also comes down to people not truly understanding their classes back then.
>>331369718
>Tfw rolling around on my brother's R13 clad warrior.
>>
File: facebookfrog.jpg (23 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
facebookfrog.jpg
23 KB, 500x332
Post your old friends
Aeira
Mornie
Geuvadan
Tebby
>>
>>331375576
mogitu
drazoneros
>>
WHO SL/SL HERE?
>>
Man, it's tough being a rogue... the most nerfed class in the game
>>
>tfw despite WoW being "Casual" it WoD has harder bosses than XIV
>>
File: 1458158193935.jpg (73 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1458158193935.jpg
73 KB, 540x540
>>331375576
Broken
Gaea
Rel
Flamey
Bigdan
Arms
Veris
Dreadd
Suian
Snowymage

You guys were my family brahs
>>
>>331375576
Meshnek

Thanks for teaching me how to play all those years ago.

Brocktree
Eat a dick you massive faggot, holy fuck, you made ICC such a fucking chore.
>>
>>331359503
shamans and rogues are the only classes that can handle those fuckers

but even for rogues that lightning shield is fucking nasty
>>
>>331372687
Summoning stones were only meeting stones until 2.0.1
>>
File: eight outta eight.jpg (537 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
eight outta eight.jpg
537 KB, 1600x900
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
File: 1457751921078.jpg (619 KB, 1500x2192) Image search: [Google]
1457751921078.jpg
619 KB, 1500x2192
>>331351138
Org was bloody bad. Why exactly was it the Horde's main hub instead of Undercity or even TB like IF was for the Alliance?

Org was even on the wrong continent for Blackrock.

Fuck, I miss old WoW.
>>
>>331377596
>playing on chink realm
>>
>30 of us go do Onyxia for gold cause why not
>we see a lvl 60 druid outside Onyxia's lair
>"Guys, can I join? I've never been in here"
>we take him along
>druid helm drops and all of ours have it
>give it to the guy along with the skeleton book
>"WOW, THIS IS SO COOL, I"VE NEVER SEEN PURPLE ITEMS BEFORE"

That was a cool night.
>>
>>331377596

>furfag in charge of being anything but a water fountain
>>
>>331377661

IF was only the main hub because the race combination gave it all the class trainers. Stormwind would have been it otherwise.
>>
File: 1453818419326.jpg (118 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1453818419326.jpg
118 KB, 1000x1000
>>331377685
Cute.
>>
>>331377851
No it was because only Org and IF had an AH for some time before they added the other ones and linked them in a later patch
>>
>>331367651
The only raid tier I ever 100%ed was Throne of Thunder. So I guess Heroic Lei Shen is the hardest boss I've killed, since Ra-Den was a joke.
>>
tfw you'll never experience the comfiness of loch modan or feralas for the first time again
>>
>>331377980
I caught myself with MoP nostalgia the other day.

ToT was so much fun and SoO was also really good except for the 14 months
>>
>>331377940

I guess that was shortly before my time. I started right when BWL came out and hit 60 during the AQ event.
>>
>>331377883
>A deal is a deal
>>
>>331378091
MoP was a really fucking good expansion. The start was bullshit with all the gating dailies and the 14 months of SOO was trash, but the rest of it was really, really good. I also say this as a jaded as fuck curmudgeon.

I liked the story of the heart and Hellscream. I was looking forward to all the story patches.
>>
File: aq40.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aq40.jpg
431 KB, 1920x1080
>>331377808
I'm a really good healer on horde too, jokes on you.
>>
File: smug.jpg (9 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
9 KB, 248x233
>>331378409

>because you give 10+ stacks of Ice Cold Milk to anyone who asks, which heals them
>>
>>331377596
>take rank out of the character character tab
>still expose it through the tooltip API

Blizzard, why?
>>
How good are rogues as dps? From vanilla > tbc > wrath > cata > mop > wod?
>>
>tfw rushing home from high school to play vanilla wow
>tfw absolutely shitting on casuals in full nemesis
>tfw your guild opened AQ gates at 3 am and the entire server raged

110% the best time i've ever had in a video game, but like all good times , they pass

don't regret a minute of it tho

and as a passing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78xB_GqLwPY
>>
>>331379364

Vanilla: #1, but beaten by the occasional properly geared fury warrior
TBC: w/ glaives #1 without #3/4 (lock > hunter > arms/rogue)
Wrath: #3ish, fury warriors with Shadowmourne were first and after them it's DK/Ret with mourne then everyone else fights it out
Cata: Dagger rogue #1
Mop: i don't remember them being flat out best, but they could compete
Wod: Who plays wod.
>>
>>331380176
Oh, wait I also forgot about Cata. Rogues weren't #1 because of dagger all the time because every fucking caster had that stupid staff. I remember fire mages could do some insane shit with lucky procs.
>>
>>331357114

Yes, Thunder Bluff was probably the most impressive city just because it actually had imagination and scale.
>>
File: 1288577323543.gif (962 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1288577323543.gif
962 KB, 245x250
>>331367124
Combine that god-tier soundtrack and fear with the heat of summer between school years and you've got my immersion from back then.

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqO7zEWu0W0&ab_channel=Phenixxx
>>
>>331380450
Thanks. Wondering if I should create a rogue because Atlantiss is planning to release a server from TBC to Cata (and possibly MOP).

I saw a post somewhere saying that in wod, mages were top dog and the second was feral dps. For fucking crying out loud. The day hybrid classes get better at their roles than pure classes is the day "hybrid" lost its meaning.
>>
>>331378640
milk is mana m8
>>
>>331381498

And here I thought I was being clever instead of just making a bandage spec joke. Oh well.
>>
File: 1132574899080.gif (496 KB, 350x198) Image search: [Google]
1132574899080.gif
496 KB, 350x198
>>331380631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUhSjuhQYE&ab_channel=Rurikar

>shath-rah
>>
>>331380905
Being #1 on meters depends on the fight, the length of the fight and how good your guild is as a whole.

The later the expansions, the less important it is to be the right class and spec. I have not played on private servers, but if it's anything like other games the majority of people are god awful and just being competent will secure your place at the top of the meters.

For TBC to Cata, hunter is a super solid choice. I would regularly beat out our legendary using guildies in Cata as a survival hunter because I just knew how to play better than they did. Your abilities matter the most for doing good damage.
>>
File: 1299297184506.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1299297184506.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>questing peacefully
>yfw you hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cFj6T9lOtM
>>
File: 1393887398947.jpg (27 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1393887398947.jpg
27 KB, 500x544
>mfw I will never play my shadow priest again
I want to dot my enemies again
>>
>>331382398
You're better off. Blizzard completely ruined Spriests.
>>
>>331381742
Could that be because ranged dps have more time to wail on the boss while melee need to weave in and out of range as needed?

In my ideal game, given the same amount of time on the boss, melee dps should outdps ranged dps, but due to ranged dps being more flexible, in the end both do the same amount of damage, with skill usage determining the top. Ideally.

>>331382275
Followed by the sound of cheap shot.
>>
>>331382398
SO DELICIOUS
>>
I remember thinking wow was for faggots on day1.

And it still is
>>
>>331382539
I've played every role in a top 20 raiding tier capacity. All the arguments of melee vs ranged imbalance are all bullshit except if the fight mechanics force something in melee or ranged. The vast majority of it is bad players complaining and not understanding how to do proper dps.

Time to wail on the boss and weaving in and out of combat sounds like raid encounter tactics to me and intelligent play will balance that out. If your raid leader has decreed that all melee must kill adds on the other side of the room while ranged may tunnel the boss well no shit melee sucks.
>>
File: 9LC2z2a.png (64 KB, 180x182) Image search: [Google]
9LC2z2a.png
64 KB, 180x182
>Sorry guys, I ran out of ammo
>>
File: 457124356.png (132 KB, 289x268) Image search: [Google]
457124356.png
132 KB, 289x268
>tfw doing wetlands run
>>
File: 1373026908283.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1373026908283.gif
14 KB, 633x758
>>331375576
Typhus
Shacklebolt
Katanasteel
Puke
Colvert

My dudes
>>
Did anyone know Tdaddy the orc Rogue on Ysondre US?

We were a super low pop server and have yet to meet anyone who knew we even existed.
>>
File: 1175674647856.gif (959 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1175674647856.gif
959 KB, 500x375
>>331375576
Flopsy
Fuzzyslipers
Ily
Smokehammer
Auntyentity
Zomgwtfbbq

I hope they're doing well
>>
File: 1390014160625.jpg (36 KB, 283x397) Image search: [Google]
1390014160625.jpg
36 KB, 283x397
>>331359341
>>331359503
>tfw never get to look forward to challenging leveling quests again
>>
>doing first raid ever, Karazhan just a few days after hitting 70 on hunter
>put in a GM ticket to fix raid glitch
>tell GM its my first raid ever
>GM says "good luck, i'm sure you'll get something good :)"
>malchezzar drops bow, dagger, agil ring
>i was only one in raid that could use them

to this day i know in my heart that GM fucked with the drops for me. i just know it.
>>
>>331386735
>GMs will never be bros again
>nostalruse doesn't even have GMs, and those it has are gulag overseers
>>
File: PVPing against a healer.png (185 KB, 405x532) Image search: [Google]
PVPing against a healer.png
185 KB, 405x532
>>331361727
>Start playing the game as a wee lad
>Pick Paladin, brother recommends I go Holy
>Don't really understand what that means, but okay
>While leveling, constantly enter groups under the guise of being a "Holy paladin"
>Spend the entire run just right clicking things
>Don't even give people blessings
Man I was retarded.
>>
>>331387167
more like genius
that's like saying "healer lfg" and ending up being the dps
>>
>>331387007
Go and get a race change to Chink. Nost GMs are bros with the chinks. They will ignore win-trading if you're slant-eyed!
>>
>>331351138
man the first time doing deadmines was the best, first dungeon with a dude, just a warrior tank and a paladin healer, a bit over level but it was hard as fuck anyway

maan, that was so epic
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.