[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After the unispired, lazy trash Paper Jam turned out to be, can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Mario_&_Luigi_Dream_Team_Bros-1.jpg (319 KB, 733x658) Image search: [Google]
Mario_&_Luigi_Dream_Team_Bros-1.jpg
319 KB, 733x658
After the unispired, lazy trash Paper Jam turned out to be, can we all agree that Dream Team was massively underrated and one of the highest points in the series?
>>
I'm liking Paper Jam, but I thought I was at the end of the game and now it wants me to walk through the entire overworld again.

Dream Team was very good, the forced tutorials being the only downside. I'd tie it with Bowser's Inside Story.
>>
File: nice teeth.jpg (212 KB, 396x1195) Image search: [Google]
nice teeth.jpg
212 KB, 396x1195
>>331336676
>lazy trash Paper Jam turned out to be

Nah. Paper jam brought a lot to the table in terms of enemy difficulty and patterns
>>
>>331336907
Backtracking in PJ is pretty bad, it makes you go trough the plains and desert areas 3 times each with minimal changes, and then there are all the istances when you have to explore an area normally, then again to find Toads, then for a race or whatever.
All padding probably caused by the short development time.
>>
>>331336676
Mario and Luigi games are pretty stale and slow, honestly. I think they have the right idea in sticking to what works, but it offers almost nothing with the 3DS installments.

They just come off as slow, boring, repetitive, and the stories are just so vanilla. I also think the QTE combat can get old fast, moreso with added gyro controls.
>>
File: farewell wiggler.jpg (177 KB, 397x1197) Image search: [Google]
farewell wiggler.jpg
177 KB, 397x1197
>>
King Bob-omb is the best non-final boss in Paper Jam followed by Bowser Jr. duo. I still have to build up to fight the secret boss again because I got absolutely annihilated on the first go
>>
>>331339249
My major problem is with the story. They really need to come up with more interesting environments too. I can never bash the gameplay because that worked so well for Paper Mario.
>>
>>331336676
DT>SSS>PJ>BIS>PiT
>>
>>331339249
Seeing the state of Paper Mario I'm thankful for how "stale" this series is.
And the only one I'd say is too light on story is Paper Jam.
>>
>>331339993
perfect. I'd say PJ has the best bosses overall it just lacked overworld quality with the exception of Mount Brr and the second island part
>>
Paper Jam was so dull. I know they wanted to keep the game from becoming a clusterfuck, but surely they could have gotten more creative with the crossover stuff than this? Paper Mario could have been made up entirely for this game and nothing would have changed.
The areas are also really bad, in terms of creativity and layout, since they're all empty so they can make room for the boring minigames.
Mob fights are a chore because it feels like every enemy takes twice as long to attack as they do in DT.
Papercraft fights are a fucking mess. The world's slowest, most boring 3D action minigame with really clumsy controls and camera because they seemed to forget the 3DS has one stick.
I'd still rather play it over PiT though.
>>
>>331340310
I only liked the haunted woods.
Also I was very upset when the game didn't allow you to go inside of Bowser's holydays castle, and about Peach's castle being only 3 rooms.
The game just screamed "rushed" everywhere.
>>
File: Peach doll.jpg (186 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Peach doll.jpg
186 KB, 400x240
>>331340918
>Papercraft fights are a fucking mess. The world's slowest, most boring 3D action minigame with really clumsy controls and camera because they seemed to forget the 3DS has one stick.

paper Craft battles worked fine for me. Quick turn around, dash attack when open, jump. Quickly move around the enemy too.
>>
It could have been better.

Then again, it also had its advantages.

Honestly, the series has run its course and it shows with the developers trying to keep it safe with the story and now holding back on potential storytelling. Couple that with pushing merely Mario and Luigi as the only partners and being their own partners, with BiS being literally the only exception where anything but them becomes a actual playable character, that being Bowser, which was a fresh breath of air if it wasn't for those meddling mini-games.

I ain't saying to just suddenly push a thousand OC characters as partners for them, but using the already existing ones could have been interesting at the very least. What about Peach? What about Yoshi? And I'm not even going to mention Wario and Waluigi since those are the obvious most popular picks even though we all know the likeliest of that to happen would be Wario and only Wario, perhaps teaming with Mario & Luigi, because Nintendo, as fine as they are using Waluigi for spin-offs, they sure are intent on keeping him off the main games. Wario already has a tough time making it into those, Super Mario 64 DS being the sole exception, what makes one think Waluigi would have a chance?
>>
>>331341779
they had a different idea for the story but it got too confusing and lacked focus so they went and played it safe. it's obvious that they aren't going to play it safe again.
>>
>>331341779

Oh and inb4 b-but Partners in Time, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are still essentially Mario and Luigi, they're merely just babies.
>>
>>331339353
Wew
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.