[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sunless sea Thread Expansion when??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
Sunless sea Thread

Expansion when??
>>
April, maybe? There was a trailer in February

More mods for Sunless Sea when
>>
THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUNTHE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN
>>
>>331337082
The only mods i could find were ones that make your snailship faster but it ruins immersion
>>
>>331337528
http://sunlesssea.gamepedia.com/Mods

It's not a large list but the warehouse seems like it would be insanely useful
>>
>>331336442
I wish I could play this game without dying after 2 hours. The start is so slow I've never been able to even buy a new ship.
>>
>>331337827
The worst part is having to do the exact same story shit with every captain
>>
>>331337827
Just save scum, there's no reason to do Merciless unless you really want that achievement
>>
zero pacing: the game

takes away the focus from eldritchly horrible writing and cyclopeanly bad art
>>
>>331338409
>Just ruin the experience of the entire game
>>
>>331339324
>Just play the first hour of the game over and over again with no variation

Too busy seeing things that aren't Venderbight, thanks
>>
>>331337827
git gud
Seriously, though. PoIs are placed such that you will be able to find one viable loop or another, and (unless you decline the Cheery Man's deal) you'll receive free supplies for two or so journeys. That's enough to get two SI's, 40 mirrors, and one of whatever you need to make VI. Run salt bricks to London for mad dosh until you can afford the corvette, then outfit it with Irons' best.
>>
Have they talked about how Zubmariner will fit in with the Ambitions? Obviously, shit like Salt's Song won't utilize that sort of content at all unless they add new unterunterzee requirements for the words.
>>
>>331339464
>just remove all tension and risk from a risk based game
But if thats the way you play go for it, it's just nice to see a thread about this amazing game. On my 4th captain currently and things are going smooth, almost finished charting the whole sea no saves.
>>
>>331340289
>acting like it's a proper roguelike
It's not and never will be. I'd rather play it like a more interactive Fallen London and actually see the content than start yet another Captain doing yet another port report crawl because "welp I guess that flock of Blue Prophets in the Wax Wind killed me fair and square better abandon 3 hours of progress"
>>
>tfw Supremacy is basically worthless
They better fix this shit in the expac.
>>
Shit like monkey island is literally a timewaster because you need to sail up and down 9 times and theres even a chance you get fucked at the end.

I like the idea of permadeath but i don't think the game did it well enough by not making done stuff static
>>
>>331341191
Ironic that they bothered to randomize location generation but not the stories and events that appeared there. Who gives a shit where the Mourn or the officers are if the same shit plays out each and every time?
>>
>>331340675
>permadeath = rougelike?
I play it as it was intended friend, a "survival" game. In all honesty if your dying to monsters I guess you need the save feature but none of my captains went down like that.
>>
>>331342765
>lost three captains in fucking Godfall
I hate the candle system.
>>
Lore spoiler time

The Stars are gods known as Judgements. Starlight is Law
The Dawn Machine was an attempt by the London Admiralty to build a god and bring Light/Law back to the Neath
Storm is a dead Dragon, an enforcer of the Judgements
Salt is a Judgement come to investigate the Neath, it got in a fight with Storm and then abandoned its mission
Stone is the Mountain of Light in the Elder Continent, the child of the Echo Bazaar and the Sun
Flukes are aliens from a world called Axile who are hiding from the Judgements
The Pillar at Nuncio is a fragment of Judgemental Law
The Avid Horizon leads to the High Wilderness, that is, Outer Space
Devils are actually bees
>>
>>331343083
>go to Godfall
>first challenge is 82%
>fail get wound
>fail again second wound
>surely the next will succeed
>start new captain
>>
>>331343145
>Devils are actually bees
The Loquacious Vicar's questlets make considerably more sense now. What's the deal with The Light Below, though?
>>
>>331343705
Salt, the retired/transformed Judgement, lives beneath the zee in the East
>>
>>331344349
Shame you have to fuck up in Frostfound at least three times to learn most of this stuff.
>>
>>331344774
Failbetter love making you work for it
>>
>>331341727
This was pretty much my issue with the game. Had a lot of fun with my first captain to make it through everything, but once I did there was no point in continuing. I mean, sure I could grind for a different ending, but why?
>>
>>331345304
I'll also say I played constantly expecting crazy shit like the OP's eye to happen and was gravely disappointed. I fully expected there to be Cthulu titans in the unexplored reaches that you had to hide from or avoid at all costs.
>>
Tell me when it's 75% off.
>>
>>331345443
The Eye is actually in the game, it just doesn't spawn on every map
>>
>>331336442
This game is terribly designed.
>>
>>331345304
>>331345443
The grind really kills it. Every ending except the nonstandard ones (most of which result in "draws") requires such an investment in time and resources that you wind up exhausting all of the game's content in the process, especially if you die along the way. Then, you start a new game (regardless of circumstance) and it's all undone (well, you usually get to keep your mansion). It's designed around the concept of replayability and experimentation, but doesn't actually incentivize either. Hopefully, Zubmariner will get to fixing that shit by virtue of quantity alone.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.