[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good mmorpgs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: mmorpgLogo1.png (106 KB, 549x480) Image search: [Google]
mmorpgLogo1.png
106 KB, 549x480
Any good MMORPGS? I tried WoW but stopped because the questing was really boring
>>
Wildstar or the secret world.
>>
>>331335882
self bump
>>
EVE Online if you're not a weakling.
>>
>>331336336
I googled it and It says it's player driven
What does that mean?
>>
>>331336540
sandbox MMO
Every ship, module and structure except for a few exceptions is mined, researched and built by players.
The economy is therefore player driven.
Territory and faction warfare is controlled and affected by players.
>>
>>331336881
>player driven
How has it not fallen into chaos and anarchy yet?
>>
>>331336881
Oh ok sounds pretty cool
>>
FF14: basically WoW but better in almost every way

Lord of the Rings Online: really good atmosphere & community, but you have to pay to unlock areas past level 30

Dungeon Fighter Online: its instanced and really fucking grindy, but the combat and music are amazing. Plus it has near-infinite replayability

Tera: good combat and graphics, everything else is shit

Rift: still worth trying out, but the developer turned it into a pay2win shitfest
>>
>>331336971
players are mostly white people
>>
>>331337363
kek
>>
>>331336971
There are still certain rules, for example even tho scamming is legal you still can't scam using real life information, or RMT.

People also don't want to throw all they've worked for away, some of the ships are worth thousands of dollars, for example
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52594502/
Hover the isk lost total.

And if you haven't guessed yet, if you lose something its gone forever.
>>
Vindictus is pretty solid. Combat is easily the best and most skill based of any mmo yet. End game is grindy though but what else would it be?
>>
>>331337736
Worth noting the Vindictus is also an extremely fucking dead game with next to no one playing, at this point. I think a lot of it is worth soloing just because of how nice the combat is, but there's not much of a community.
>>
>>331337736
The only good thing about vindictus is to have vella dance around while you jerk off
>>
>>331337736
it seems like some weeb shit desu so probably no
>>
>>331339305
Vindictus isn't even weeb enough. Would be ten times better with actual weeb shit like PSO2.
>>
ESO is actually pretty ok these days
>>
>>331340690
Is it? I have the game but I haven't played much of it
>>
>>331340773

I did the same thing. Started playing again a month or so ago. It's PVE content is better than Neverwinter Neverwinter is trash. It's embarrassing how long I played it
>>
File: sto.jpg (651 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sto.jpg
651 KB, 1024x768
Star Trek Online is super fun and free! Lots of customization for your ships and crew (including a create-a-species option), player-created content, space battles and away missions, lots of solo and group options, and pretty decent graphics.
>>
There are decent mmos out there, the best is probably GW2

Still waiting for a FFA pvp mmo once again, fucking pussy players crying about every shit turned the genre into a kid's day care
>>
none of classical style mmorpgs are any good. Only the guy who suggested EVE knows what's good nowadays.
>>
none
most MMOs right now are meh at best
>>
>>331341505
it's also fucking region locked despite not doing so for years
it's fucking retarded
>>
>>331342003
Path of Exile, if you consider it a MMORPG
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.