[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game made you feel like wanting to puke out your own organs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: recomlogo.jpg (32 KB, 384x276) Image search: [Google]
recomlogo.jpg
32 KB, 384x276
What game made you feel like wanting to puke out your own organs?
>>
>>331334498
Undermeme

>that boring static world
>that gimmicky and monotonous gameplay
>text dumps everywhere
>le weirdo nerd scientist
>supposed to be a really good game
>>
At least GBA Chain of Memories was fun.
>>
>>331334839
Alphys was that scientists name, right? Oh god, she was the fucking worst.
>>
>>331334498
Its justified.

It wasn't meant to be standalone. It was literally sold in the box with KH2FM in Japan.
>>
File: 1451480691757.png (865 KB, 833x899) Image search: [Google]
1451480691757.png
865 KB, 833x899
Ultimate Civil War Battles: Robert E. Lee vs Ulysses S Grant
Its a real time strategy game with absolutely no music, extremely stiff and simple animations, no ability to build buildings or various combat structures, and has units made up of large stacks of soldiers. Units move slowly, there are no mission objectives given to you per mission, and in general I feel cheated even though the game only cost me like $3.
For details:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTpbFa0u5JI
>>331334498
>>331334839
>>331335061
All of you have shit taste. The only person in this thread with any decent standards is >>331334986

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories is one of the better Kingdom Hearts games and probably has the strongest writing of the whole series. Everything in that game tied to the concept of memories. Furthermore, the combat itself was like playing Kingdom Hearts 1 with a tad bit more strategy, where you have to strategically set up decks and play your cards right while still doing the same old dodging and attacking appropriately as with 1. Was a great game.
Undertale was fantastic.
Alphys, while not necessarily likable, was the most well written character in the game, having received the most development and focus, albeit at the cost of gameplay.
>>
>>331335453
It was? Huh. I didn't know that.

Still, the terrible level design and dull combat are still there. The story is the only remarkable thing about this game.
>>
>>331335782
Undertale is trash you pleb
>>
>>331335782
I think the GBA version is better, if only because the entire game was designed to be 2D and balance/gameplay was irrevocably changed in the transition.

Too bad KH2 was mediocre at best.
>>
>>331334498
Persona 4. Litterally the worst game I have ever played. Anime faggot need to be executed.
>>
>>331334498
Metroid: Other M

Screw that game, and the guy who made it. Literally an abomination of game design and scriptwriting.
>>
>>331336659
Oh, right. I still have my copy lying somewhere in my room.

well time to get the gasoline
>>
>>331334498
>TLoU
>hey you have a symbiotic relationship with a mutated fungus
>maybe if we kill you, thus killing your mutated fungus, we will somehow create a cure
>because we take 10 seconds to research the science behind the story we present in our game

>FFXIII
>hey we don't want you to do anything in the game besides go down this corridor
>lets just make some pretty graphics that way idiots don't realize they are playing a 2/10 game
>oh look at that, its actually working and idiots on /v/ love our corridor simulator
>>
>>331335913
Both of those problems are side effects of taking a GBA game with tiny rooms and instanced battles and trying to translate it into a full on 3D action game.

Kind of a shame that KH1 and CoM were so on point (CoM's OCs matter but DON'T ruin the experience, imagine that!) and most of the other games fall into RE:CoM's pitfalls.
>>
>>331336659
The fact that people get butthurt about the story instead of the gameplay astounds me, I couldn't bring myself to finish that snorefest.
>>
File: 1251673866239.jpg (5 KB, 150x134) Image search: [Google]
1251673866239.jpg
5 KB, 150x134
>>331336445
>Too bad KH2 was mediocre at best.
>>
File: 1382403333855.jpg (36 KB, 370x359) Image search: [Google]
1382403333855.jpg
36 KB, 370x359
>>331335782

Undertale is trash you plebian

Otherwise, agreed.
>>
>>331337373
Go ahead and defend it.
DMC1 is a game exclusively about combat and it still had better level design, less tedious and repetitive mobs, and a tighter story than a story focused action platformer.
>>
>>331337226
It's because of the significance of the impact the story has on the series. Other M's story basically took a huge shit on Samus Aran's character and the entire series universe.

Other M's gameplay is it taking a shit on itself.
>>
>>331334498
COM has best battle system out of all the KH games in my opinion
>>
>>331335782
>has the strongest writing of the whole series.
While that's true for the Castle Oblivion parts, the Disney parts are the large majority of the game and they are straight up trash. People say the Disney worlds are pointless at this point, but that was never more true than in CoM.
>>
>>331337604
I haven't played DMC1
Anyway the alternative combos are cool, drives are cool, even reaction commands are nice and you get to fuck shit up.
It's obviously weaker compared to DMC but absolutely not mediocre.
>>
File: holland.png (231 KB, 550x480) Image search: [Google]
holland.png
231 KB, 550x480
>>331337604
Kingdom Hearts II FM is all about boss battles m8. The mobs merely existed as tools to get munny and items for synthesis. And despite that, each enemy was well designed, each with its own attack pattern that you had to learn in order to take it down without taking damage. Still, in general its best to ignore most mobs and just move on with the story/participate in boss fights and required battles only, which worked fine since the game had these constantly throughout. KHIIFM's combat was also the most varied of the KH series, having lots of abilities and combos that changed the way your attacks moved and looked much moreso than any of the other games in the series, and consquently it was less repetitive and less tedious than other titles in the series.

The music in II is also the best in the series, and the game had much more threatening villains than in any of the other games, barring BBS, which has the best villain in the series.
>>
>>331334498
I loved Re:CoM
>>
>>331338563
Well, that's cool I guess, but for me, it's an absolute snorefest.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.