[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any ports from console to phone that are worth playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: follow the damn train cj.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
follow the damn train cj.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
Are there any ports from console to phone that are worth playing?
>>
Final Fantasy and GTA are the only ones I actually cared enough about.
>>
>touch controls
no
>>
>>331328183
Final fantasy games except 5 and 6
Sonic 1, 2 and CD
Jet Set Radio is decent
So is crazy taxi
The world ends with you
>>
>>331328980
Turn based games play fine on them.
>>
>>331329063
FFI and II have less content than other remake versions of them (that you can easily emulate on your phone).

>>331329176
FFIX is turn-based and the controls are absolutely terrible. All other FF android games also have bad controls, but FFIX's touch controls is absolutely retarded.
>>
Shin Megami Tensei, by virtue of being the only official English version.
>>
Just played FF9 not so long aog. Hated the touch screen control so much. You have to be completely insane to think mobile gaming could ever replace handheld gaming.
>>
>>331329895
Yeah instead they just replace the meaning behind 'gaming'
>>
>>331329474

> FFI and II have less content than other remake versions of them

No? They're the PSP ports with less visual effects.

> (that you can easily emulate on your phone).

I'd still recommend doing this, though.
>>
File: A002.jpg (90 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
A002.jpg
90 KB, 600x720
Puzzle and Dragons

It's not as flashing as the 3DS games, but having more content and not having to walk between dungeons is pretty nice. It's like it was meant for mobile.
>>
File: ghosttrickphoenixwright530.jpg (49 KB, 530x235) Image search: [Google]
ghosttrickphoenixwright530.jpg
49 KB, 530x235
>>331328183
these
>>
>>331331874
I heard the android versions don't have some bonus dungeons, music player and bestiary. Never played them long enough to confirm that, though.
And FFIV on Android apparently don't have some DS content, like one customizable eidolon and mini-games.
>>
>>331329474
>FFIX is turn-based
wut
>>
>>331333251

I played the iOS versions of 1 and 2 and everything was there.
>>
Classic Sonic Android ports are decent.
Played through 2 and CD which work on mobile when you're on trip or taking good dump.
>>
>>331333497
Even the puzzle dungeon?
Sorry, but I find that hard to believe considering I always heard about the lack of these features on the iOS/Android version, same for FFIV and the silly face eidolon and his mini-games. You are probably the first guy that ever told me that.
Do you have any screenshot or video of these dungeons on the iOS/Android version?
>>
>>331328183
I would recommend the FF games but half of them look like ass. Why the fuck did they change the graphics? It looks horrible. The fact that some people are playing inferior versions on the phone makes me want to barf.
>>
>>331333806

Nah, I never actually did any of the bonus dungeons, but I did pass through quite a few by the time I finished the game. You may be right about the puzzle dungeon, but honestly by the time I finished the game, I had little interest in extra dungeons.
>>
>>331334101
>I had little interest in extra dungeons.
But they are fun as fuck.
Well, some floors of the puzzle dungeon are kinda boring, but the elemental ones from GBA are the best thing about these FF1 remakes.
>>
>>331334353

I had a really boxy phone with angular edges that made my hands hurt after a while. Someday I want to go through it again on PPSSPP with a proper controller.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.