[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently I've seen a Samurai Warriors thread and now I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: sw.jpg (507 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
507 KB, 1920x1080
Recently I've seen a Samurai Warriors thread and now I want to ask: is it worth it?

I want to fill my void that was left by Sengoku Rance. I was to experience something similar.

Have I found it? Is this it?

Also - what's the best game to play? I have PS4 and PC. I can go with whatever.
>>
Very different from Rance.

If you play Empires you'll still be picking on your neighbours and increasing your land until you rule the whole country but the whole game is a lot more action-oriented with you being a massive anti-army slaughtering machine of a samurai.

In between battles there's some short base-building mechanics (very light) and very little dialogue and character interaction, but still with some cool features like getting married and stuff.

If you play the main games (Samurai Warriors 4, 4-2) you get a LOT more story and just the battles I believe.
>>
SW 4 and 4-2 are shit
play SW4E
>>
>>331321003
>>331321932

Would you recommend it? I want something like Crusader Kings + Rance.
>>
>>331322021
SW is action game series, nothing alike those games
If you want to play Strategy game in Sengoku era, play Nobunaga's Ambition
>>
>>331320347
At its core the Warriors games are all very shallow hack-and-slash action games, the strategy shit is just extra features in some of the games
>>
How does SW4E compare to DW8E?
I liked making all the historical characters that aren't playable yet in DW8E, but I felt like there wasn't much to actually do in the game itself.
>>
>>331320347
You can play Kichikuou Rance. It's not in Japan, and it does look a little old, but the game is actually ace. I was surprised myself.
>>
>>331322021
You'd probably be more into Nobunaga's Ambition or Shogun Total War. There's also a Paradox strategy game called Sengoku but I haven't played it.
>>
>>331322425
SW4E is better imo.
DWE8 has shitty fatigue mechanique
>>
>>331322512
>>331322201
Okay, then. Sell me SW4E.

Describe it and why should I play it.

Please
>>
>>331322785
You do something resembling a grand strategy map war but it's extremely shallow and each battle cuts over to a hack and slash where you use special attacks to kill 2000 Japanese peasants
>>
>>331323179
Any redeeming qualities? Sounds kinda dull.
>>
File: 1447040343737.jpg (380 KB, 1009x742) Image search: [Google]
1447040343737.jpg
380 KB, 1009x742
>there will never be a sequel to Sengoku Rance
>you will never play Sengoku Rance for the first time again

Seriously just what made that game so great? I've tried to play Kichikuou Rance, but it's not nearly the same. Sengoku's battle system is tactically pretty deep and fun, and there's a lot of tactical options. Kichikuou's seems way too simple and there doesn't seem to be any depth besides just attacking. I didn't play long enough to get a real grasp of the strategical layer, but it didn't seem nearly as good as Sengoku.

Sengoku also just plays really smoothly. The interfaces for the troop selection, battle, map are really easy and fast to use. Kichikuou just feels a lot more poorly designed.
>>
>>331323742
It's fun if you get a rush out of slaughtering massive amounts of shitty soldiers, otherwise it's as dull as it sounds
>>
>Sengoku Rance
>Slowly building up an empire and constantly dealing with a new clan
>This involves re-thinking tactics and learning about new leaders every time
>After conquering a few, le epic demon army takes over the remaining ones, depriving you of the chance at a somewhat decent story, characters, and interesting tactics
>Instead the game just becomes a drive to build the biggest army possible and go to war
*yawn*
>>
>>331320347
Eiyuu senki is like rance but a bit easier could buy it censored on ps3 or pirate it 75% uncensored on pc
>>
>>331324546
Although I should mention some of the games have good music and atmosphere and the story Is neat if you're into history

https://youtu.be/I_zEcQZ_c_o
>>
File: 1458339917919.png (171 KB, 335x358) Image search: [Google]
1458339917919.png
171 KB, 335x358
If you want a game that some of the Rance strategy games are actually based on, you'll probably want Nobunaga's Ambition. It's a pretty solid strategy game with a really well told historical visual novel element. You can also make your own characters and have a what-if kind of campaign. But it's an actual historical drama so no big anime tiddies or sex scenes, and Nobunaga actually kind of looks like Nobunaga if not a bit more handsome.

Samurai warriors 4: Empires is like Koei's pet project, it builds off of Dynasty Warriors empires and essentially makes it better with drama scenes and pretty basic base building that adds to the game. When you go into battle you can give all of your officers objectives before taking control of your Diamyo and going dynasty warriors on everything in your way, that is to say you mop up a good 3000 some guys a battle by yourself including the enemy officers you have to duel.

Eiyuu Senki is Langrisser but with more anime tiddies.
>>
File: 1454392381852.png (819 KB, 962x958) Image search: [Google]
1454392381852.png
819 KB, 962x958
>>331324561
After you beat the game, there's an option to stop the demon lord from coming into the story. It's great if you want a comfy game where you can clear everything at your own pace.

I don't agree the demon lord makes the game boring. I think it makes it interesting because after your first game you know there is so much stuff you haven't even seen yet, because you didn't conquer enough before the demon army attacked. It gives the game great replay value.

And the demon army itself has special tactics you need to adapt to, the game doesn't change when the demons kill everyone else, it just goes into it's final stage.
>>
>>331325596
>Interrupting the game halfway, forcing you to restart to see all of the content "gives the game great replay value"
>>
>>331320347
It's fun as fuck and you can marry waifus.
>>
>>331324561
>>331325706
lel, my criticism of rance cut so deep the discussion completely halted in its tracks
>>
>>331327031
I agree the demon army takes some fun away.
>>
File: Mitsunari-sw4.jpg (64 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Mitsunari-sw4.jpg
64 KB, 800x800
Who else is going to have Mitsunari become Ieyasu's sworn ally?
>>
>>331321932
4-II is great, you're just a faggot
>>
>>331328157
4-II is shit since they took out Chronicle Mode. It was more interesting to have interactions with the warlords with your created character than running around like a faggot in some tower.

Why do people insist Chronicle Mode was repetitive when the tower mode was even worse?
>>
PC PORT SO I CAN PIRATE IT WHEN?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.