[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Face2Face
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 9rO4Qz.gif (1 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
9rO4Qz.gif
1 MB, 360x270
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmajJTcpNk

How can this technology be applied to videogames? My idea:

>create your own cutscenes on the character's face, using your own expressions

This could really change vidya forever. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1448875902584.jpg (54 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
1448875902584.jpg
54 KB, 600x360
> mfw I am a CS graduate and I could never ever even dream about making something like this
>>
Don't we have enough shallow gimmicks already?
>>
>>331320039
>this allows for even more political propaganda
great, its not like we didnt have enough of that as it is
>>
>>331320039
Pretty cool but using Dubya and Trump to show accuracy to reality is cheating because they are already in the uncanny valley.
>>
>>331320247
Only the smartest dudes in the class come up with projects like this. The rest of the class does something like "chess machine" or face recognition that's good enough to indicate effort, but nothing amazing or revolutionary. Still, it's better than the shit churned out from practically any other major (Except maybe Chem/Bio).
>>
>>331320451
that's what i'm thinking, granted it'd be easy for outlets to find the actual video but things like this can easily persuade idiots
>>
File: 1427534933393.png (48 KB, 982x546) Image search: [Google]
1427534933393.png
48 KB, 982x546
>mfw nothing is true now and everything is permitted.
>>
>>331320039
Wonderful. Just what we need is a technology that outright nullifies any video evidence that can be used in court ever again.
>>
>>331321695

Oh, don't worry anon, when you run afoul of an alphabet agency and a video of you confessing to being a pedophile surfaces on the internet the courts will treat it as very real.
>>
>>331321695
kek

Just by looking at the mouth you can tell it's fake from eye sight alone lol

Anyone who knows shit about cgi or how pixels work can easily tell the difference.
>>
>>331321973
They don't have to go that far.
>>
>>331322089
that's the problem though, look how many idiots post things on their FB that are easily debunked by googling. The average person will fall for shit like this and run with it, it can be used to fuel hate and all this crazy shit people will do just because they saw "evidence" of it.
>>
>>331322394
What a time to be a lawyer.
>>
Pff, the morph target wont perfectly deform. Watch the target source video in high quality and im sure you'll see a lot of stuttering
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 485x250) Image search: [Google]
file.png
78 KB, 485x250
>>331320039
Imagine: all the sonic fags will use this to make videos to ask out girls with it
>>
>>331320039
This is actually fucking disturbing.

It's made it even easier for shithole websites to fabricate bullshit about politics.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.