[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually like this retard or does he get all his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: On The Spectrum.png (74 KB, 250x260) Image search: [Google]
On The Spectrum.png
74 KB, 250x260
Does anyone actually like this retard or does he get all his views through people hate watching him?
>>
>>331312703
im assuming you saw his last vid? I though it was pretty spot on honestly,and i agree with him on most shit
>>
>>331312703
What bugs me more than anything is that he's some random fucking retard on the internet spouting nonsense opinions on any and all games that land on his radar. Given the fact that he's repeatedly shown to have next to no longterm experiences with half of the genres he touches, why the fuck does anyone listen to him? We shit on reviewers belonging to bigger places for being sellouts and having terrible opinions all the time. Why do people give this guy a pass?

Honestly, it's at this point that I believe most people just repeat the shitty echo chamber complaints they hear all the time about reviewers like IGN without giving any thought to what it is they're saying. It's as if most consumers haven't the slightest idea what cross reference is and simply refuse to look at more than one source for all their shitty video game opinion needs.
>>
>>331313309
>It's as if most consumers haven't the slightest idea what cross reference is and simply refuse to look at more than one source for all their shitty video game opinion needs.
Gee, ya think?
>>
>>331312703
I don't watch him often but he's usually spot on with shit like battlefront and capcom. Although I'm not happy with what he did with the nintendo shit, it's his channel. Is this board full of capcom shills?
>>
File: thats the joke.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thats the joke.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>331313473
It's not exactly subtle.
>>
>>331312805
he waits weeks after a games out, looks at the general consensious on review sites, then goes to reddit to see how they liked it. He just regurgitates what everyones been saying and if theres a discrepancy between general consensus and "professional" reviewers, he takes the general consensus viewpoint to make him look like a great reviewer or something,
>>
File: 1423723326936.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
1423723326936.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>331313591
Maybe I was too subtle with mine.
>>
I kinda like him. Are there any video reviews he's done where he's very clearly in the wrong? Most of the memes and shit I see about him are just the name parodies and FOUR HOURS. Are there any substantial criticisms about this guy? I personally haven't seen anything to truly dislike about him. It seems like he at least puts some effort into his videos and has fun while doing it.
>>
>>331313309
>he's some random fucking retard on the internet spouting nonsense opinions on any and all games that land on his radar
Actually what he says about most games echo the thoughts of the community rather than IGN which is easier to do with multiplayer games. The Division does have scaling and dark zone problems like he says.

>Given the fact that he's repeatedly shown to have next to no longterm experiences with half of the genres he touches
That's probably going to happen with most people who review a wider range of genres.
>>
whats his name again?
>>
>>331312703
Millions like him OP, but on one likes you
>>
From the few vids I've seen from him he seems like a reasonable person and explains his views on a game really well.They aren't my thing, especially the lengthiness, but I can see other people enjoying them.
>>
He reviews are usually reasonable. Keep in mind also he's been doing this a long time and hasn't become a huge corporate shill yet.
>>
>>331313734
His defense of Anita Sarkeesian comes to mind.

He gave Assassin's Creed III a 9 and thinks Skyrim was a perfect game. That should tell you all you need to know about him as a critic.
>>
File: 1451024755210.gif (3 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1451024755210.gif
3 MB, 250x187
>>331312703
No I like him, he's pretty spot on

You're just a cunt and trying too hard to fit in /v/
>>
>>331313649
....Have you even watched him? everything he complains about in a game or likes there is footage from him encountering it while he was playing....
>>
He's honestly not that bad of a reviewer aside from the cringe inducing skits
>>
Hes a complete retard who thinks hes standing up for gamers as if gamers don't already complain about everything and anything.
That e3 interview with the dorito pope was cringy as fuck
>>
Hypocrisy Jose should have cited reddit in his last couple of reviews, that's were he and his pet whale keep getting their info from.
>>
>>331313649
this, doesn't surprise me that there are a lot of people on /v/ that like him since he sides with their complaints if it differs from the "professional reviewer" giving the illusion hes an actual good reviewer.
>>
>looking for a demonstration of how a certain boardgame works
>one of Four Pesos Carlos videos at the top of the page
>oh well it can't be so bad, I just want to see how it plays
>random yelling and middleschool jokes
God all e-celebs are cancer cartering to 12 year olds.

Video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RoG1B2Hnsc
>>
>>331316709
wow and there is no possible way that he found out about it elsewhere then went to go recreate it. I guess you didn't watch the Rome 2 review where he had to put up other people's footage because he couldn't get it to happen on his own.
>>
>>331312703
who?
>>
File: 1457928870916.jpg (65 KB, 635x635) Image search: [Google]
1457928870916.jpg
65 KB, 635x635
>>331312703
The problem with 1 peso Juan is that he comes from ChannelAwesome. In ChannelAwesome tradition he wastes everyone's time with stupid skits that aren't funny. The Dorito Pope also made fun of him to his face.
>>
>DUDE SKYRIM'S A 10/10 LMAO

Mad Mongolian is a faggot
>>
>>331315973
>His defense of Anita Sarkeesian comes to mind.
>He gave Assassin's Creed III a 9 and thinks Skyrim was a perfect game. That should tell you all you need to know about him as a critic.
That's all old news now though.
Skyrim was 2011, Anita was years ago as well now.

The only thing of late he's whined about is the "over sexualised Quiet".

Aside from that, all his recent reviews have been pretty fair.
He shit on the division, he pointed out obvious flaws in Fallout that the majority of fanboys and journalists refuse to, he praised the shit out of xcom 2 and yet still gave it a beating in areas it needed.
>>
>>331319312
Is ChannelAwesome that spergland with the Nostalgia Critic and other people on the spectrum?
>>
>>331319734
Yes
>>
>>331319312
Yeah the dress ups and props and whatnot can be cringe worthy.

But, you know, just skip ahead in the video. It's not hard.
>>
He's actually very informative but his "funny" skits are fucking awful so I just skip those parts of the review
>>
>>331319824
I rather not watch his videos. There are other people who make reviews better than him without the bullshit.
>>
People here are mad cause he agrees with reddit, their mortal enemy tribe.
>>
>>331312703
Mixes feelings. He's a sperg and not funny, but he likes 40gay and legends of the galactic heroes so...
>>
>>331312703
I'll be honest, if it weren't for his shitty sense of humour, he would be my favourite reviewer
>>
>>331312703
I like him. He makes good points and is a good goy. Used to be part of his community too and frequently did shit in Planetside 2.
Nice guy and thats a lot more than I can say for most people in the e-celeb community
John Bane
>>
His schtick is literally to be angry at video games.

Of course people watch him, they want to be vilified.
>>
HAHAHA
*COUGH*
*COUGH*
AHAHAHA

every fuckign time It's so annoying
>>
File: 1431710959165.jpg (16 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1431710959165.jpg
16 KB, 447x444
>>331312703
Three things
>he IS retarded (or at least, he is a dumbass)
>he is honest and doesn't shill
>he is right, 99.95% of the time.

Annoying Aaron is one of the only review sources I fully trust. He doesn't bullshit, looks out for consumer rights and calls out devs on their bullshit unlike every other shitty "reviewer" than attended journalism school.
>>
>>331320231
That wasn't the argument in question but ok
>>
>>331312703
Normal people goes to youtube saying the truth and companies just donĀ“t give a dam fuck about your franchise.
>>
>>331312703
who?
>>
>>331313649
So if a game is actual shit, and people hate it, he'll also call it shit, and get people to not buy shit? And if the opposite happens, a game is good, and people like it, he'll get it to grow more popular through his positive reviews?

I'll be honest here, when you look at it that way... Is what he does all THAT bad? He shoves shit games down into waste bins, and brings good games up to even more relevancy.
>>
>2016
>People caring about guys pretending to be angry on the internet, and exaggerating their pre-made thoughts to be "fun"
It's siete Pesos Jose
>>
>>331320846
>he is honest and doesn't shill

Now that's an ugly meme.

Disgusting.
>>
he injects his politics into his work too much
and he's a total fucking dickbag to his friends (alive and deceased) and fans.

Watching him cry about Nintendo bitchslapping him was the most entertaining piece he's done.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.