[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which version is best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 2000[1].jpg (258 KB, 2000x1901) Image search: [Google]
2000[1].jpg
258 KB, 2000x1901
Which version is best?
>>
>>331312178
NDS version. The battles are actually fun and challenging.
>>
>>331312178
DS version in hard mode. Enjoy it and suffer.
>>
>>331312178
A toss-up between DS (for challenge) and the PSP (for closer to original, delicious 2D sprites, and other extras).
Whatever you do, stay the fuck away from the Steam release. It's a garbage port (of the mobile port of the DS version) with locked 20fps battles and an atrocious UI.
>>
>>331313821
I'm playing it on android, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>331314373
Playing it on mobile itself is fine (though I think the UI still sucks), nothing wrong with that.
But the Steam release is some weird ass emulation or port of it that's fucking terrible. This also applies to the Steam releases of FFIII and FFIVTAY, as it's the same emulation/port jobs of the mobile versions.
>>
>>331314585
UI like that is necessary because of the touch screen
>>
>>331314680
I know. It's a necessary evil.
But it's still ugly as sin, and shouldn't still be in use on other versions like the Steam release.
>>
>>331314770
Yeah SE always manages to fuck up pc ports
XIII
>Locked to 720p, no graphic options, low quality CG cutscenes
XIII-2
>fps issues, low quality CG cutscenes
Type 0 HD
>weird mouse controls, max AA is actually SSAA
LR
>no mouse support, always online
It's like they do it on purpose
>>
>>331315057
Meanwhile the PC versions of FFVII and FFVIII are fine (aside from no PocketStation for the latter).
They must have outsourced those.
>>
PSP
>>
>>331315241
They weren't
The steam rerelease of FFVII had MIDI mudic instead of the superior ps1 quality .ogg files and I think VIII had the same issue
>>
>>331312178
NDS/3D version has the best localization while the PSP version has the most content, Lunar Ruins areas and the sequel game

You know what? Just play both because Final Fantasy 4 is amazing
>>
>>331315383
I don't mean the Steam releases, I mean the actual PC versions from before Steam.
>>
I enjoyed both but NDS is the version I found myself playing through 3 times.
>>
>>331315491
Then they had the same Midi problem
>lyricless OWA
Appalling
>>
>>331315241
>FFVII fine
Yes

>FFVIII fine
God fucking no. The music is butchered beyond belief
>>
>>331315631
>>331315674
Coulda swore you could just replace the MIDIs though, much like how you could have higher res textures if you wanted.
>>
>>331312178
NDS
I don't like the design though.
Wish they would've used 2D
>>
>>331314373
Mobile is basically the DS version I believe.
>>331315241
They were made along side the PSX version. Funny enough Eidos did FF7 PC but don't know about FF8.

Honestly the thing that piss me off about them rereleasing 7 and 8 on Steam is they kept the same fucking localization. FF8 is not bad but I would have liked a newer localization. And as for FF7 that needs a complete do over. Yes I know Remake is coming out but god damn it if they are put that game on Steam a few years ago the best they could have done is just redo the fucking localization.
>>
>>331313821
>PSP
>delicious 2d sprites
Am I really the only person that hates the stiff, oversized battle sprites?
>>
>>331313821
>with locked 20fps battles
It's actually locked at 15 fps in battles.
>>
>>331315819
>Mobile is basically the DS version I believe.
It isn't. It have less content and shittier UI.

>>331315828
FFI's artstyle on PSP was fine, but I really disliked it on FFIV.
>>
>>331315828
The monster sprites, anon. The monster sprites.
But if that's what you meant, we are enemies now.
>>
>>331314770
Any mods for normal DS UI. I want to play The After Years on PC, but stuff like that just won't let me finish the game.
>>
>>331315819
All FF games on Steam are very lazy ports/double-ports/rereleases. They just wanted to see how interested in FF the PC userbase is.
>>
>That feel when the Steam version of FFV and FFVI would be the ultimate versions of these games if it wasn't for the ugliest character sprites and tiling ever made
>>
>>331316316
None that I'm aware of.
If you want to play TAY on PC, emulate the PSP version of FFIV via PPSSPP.
>>
>>331316385
There's someone working on a character sprites mod for FFVI at least.
>>
>>331316447
I already have a copy of the FFIV complete collection, but I wanted to play the PC version because 3DMODELSHOLYSHIT.
>>
PSP
>>
File: 91cZwpLHcQL._SL1500_.jpg (297 KB, 1500x850) Image search: [Google]
91cZwpLHcQL._SL1500_.jpg
297 KB, 1500x850
PSP
>>
FF1: PSX. Any of the others fucked with the leveling system too much and made everything way too easy.
FF2: Heard PSP is the best. I actually really love FF2 in a weird way.
FF3: NES feel the DS really ruins the balance where they really tone down the good class and made the completely useless class slightly better but still useless. All the while making enemies much harder because now there's only 3 enemies.
FF4: Personally DS. PSP if you want more of a 2D feel with the extra content which I honestly never liked.
FF5: GBA but with sound patch
FF6: Same
FF7: PC is slightly better because of some of the bug fixes but still a fucking horrible localization
FF8: PC
FF9: How is the PC of that? It's weird that even after it was released no one seem to talk about it.
FF10: PS4 I guess since they fixed some of the issues people had with it.
FF12: Guess just wait until the HD version.
>>
>>331312178
SNES

/thread
>>
>>331316758
>FF2: Heard PSP is the best. I actually really love FF2 in a weird way.
The best is the PSP, which have the streamlined GBA leveling system. If you want to play close to the NES version, you play the PSone version, just like FF1.
>>
Threadly reminder that Kain is not a cuck
>>
Psp beats DS because of the ability to use old party members.
>>
>>331316758
So did they just skip 11? What is that?
>>
>>331317784
Honestly I really hated that shit in FF4. I mean I love FF4 to death but the whole fake out death really started to get annoying. FF2 at least killed them for real so there was some impact. I mean Cid literally blew himself up but for some reason just needed a bit of a nap to recover.
>>
>>331316758
You do know FFIX never came to PC yet, right?
>>
>>331317940
SE is closing FF11 soon. And the best way to play it was PS2 weirdly enough. Since Japanese never really were PC gamers so they designed FF11 around the PS2.
>>
So I'm currently playing through the ps1 version of FF4 and I've seen no one mention it in this thread. Is there anything wrong with it?
>>
File: FFVI_Kohlingen_WoR_WM_iOS.png (3 MB, 1694x1128) Image search: [Google]
FFVI_Kohlingen_WoR_WM_iOS.png
3 MB, 1694x1128
>>331316385
Even without the terrible artstyle, Steam version still have other horrible shit like the world map, the shitty UI, the fact it is a lazy port of the android version, and I heard it is missing some content from the GBA version (I'm not going to play all that shit to confirm it, though).

>>331316758
>FF9: How is the PC of that?
Not released yet. I played the original version on Android (PC version will be a port), and it worse than a typical emulator.
Ignoring the absolutely terrible controls (PC will probably have controller support), it is mostly a disappointing attempt to "update" the original version. The "new" character models are nice until you reach Alexandria as Vivi and notice that not every 3D model got this update. There is also the fact that the backgrounds are pretty much the same, so the new models look really out-of-place because of it (and it gets worse during those cutscenes with background animations/objects, the the first one with Vivi in Alexandria).
Option to skip cutscenes is nice but not important, cheats are very lazily implemented so your options are either completely fuck the game up or just play normally. Plus, FFIX isn't that hard and most fights are very short, anyway.

But really, the touch controls are a fucking nightmare. You can't even keep running from loading screen to load screen because the virtual joystick isn't fixed on your screen so it will reset and disappear every fucking time. And, since you need to touch, hold and carefully swipe to not fuck up the joystick position on your screen, there is a huge delay just to start fucking walking.
>>
>>331317965
Fuck you, it's amazing. The characters all lived, except Tellah, it makes no sense that they wouldn't offer to rejoin you
>>
>>331318069
No, it isn't. It will even get some new update with mounts and QoL stuff.
Only the console version will be closed.
>>
File: 20160319125602_1.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160319125602_1.jpg
504 KB, 1920x1080
>>331318192
>and I heard it is missing some content from the GBA version
It have 100% of the GBA version. It also have streamlined menus and quality of life improvements like the esper menu being on the main menu, relics being on the same menu than the rest of the equipment menu, viewable blitz imput and passive swordtech, you choose the one you want to make, then you are free to do other stuff. And the battle UI grows up on you. Using 3d objects for the cities on the world map would have been better if the rest of it, like the mountains, would have been made into 3d, too.
>>
>>331318359
Oh I get why they rejoined you if they are alive. I'm just saying that them staying alive after so many fucking near death experience it got to the point of being just a funny joke.
>>331318192
The only thing I care about is them adding the speed up. FF9 ATB was one of the worse thing they did for that game.
>Pan around the battle showing off characters and monsters
>Wait 10 seconds for the bar to fill
>Rinse and repeat
Hell I think Haste just make the ABT bar fill at normal FF7/8 speed.
>>
>>331318750
>the battle UI grows up on you.
Yeah, like a cancer.
There are too many things I dislike about this version to be able to enjoy it and its QoL features, and It's not like it is hard to emulate a GBA/SNES game on an android phone so I prefer to play it on an emulator.

>>331318864
I'm fairly sure you can increase the battle speed of the original version on the option menu, or you can press the gotta go fast button of your emulator of choice. I never had a problem with it but I can understand why some people dislike it.
And I forgot to test the speed up feature of the android version, so I guess I cant really comment about it.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.