[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you fucks talking about Deadbolt? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: header.jpg (18 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
18 KB, 460x215
Why aren't you fucks talking about Deadbolt?

It's a better hotline Miami sequel than hotline Miami 2.
>>
Not really, I bought it yesterday and even though I'm still listening to the soundtrack, there's just not a lot of content to the game.
Gameplay is great, but there's not much to it after you've played it for a few hours.
I fucking love the soundtrack, specifically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEicmSeDf9g
feels like an extended version of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysPtBjY8o_A

I love this game, just a shame there's not a lot to it.
>>
>>331309851
Sadly the game is too short but it's a good game
like HM and HM2
the OST is fucking great
>>
>>331310892
HM and HM2 don't have original soundtracks
>>
It looks like shit.
>>
>>331311554
>>331309851

your shill is really showing there, m8

>why aren't you playing X, it's better than Y
>Y is shit, play X please!

yeah no, if you can't advertise your game without trying to shit on other games then it's probably not worth my time and money.
>>
>risk of hotline Miami rain

Why did none of you faggots tell me about this sooner
>>
>>331311554
>HM and HM2 don't have original soundtracks
And it doesn't change their quality
>>
>>331309851
Is there a Level Editor?
>>
>>331312748
Yes
>>
File: 2016-03-15-1405-11.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-15-1405-11.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I haven't started the skeleton chapter yet but I'm enjoying the game. Shame I can't post a webm with sound because music and sfx are a big part of it
>>
>>331313059
I'd get out of this thread before someone spoils the rest of the game for you anon,but it keeps rising in quality after the vampires.
>>
>>331313059
I tried to stealth the level and kill only Puff and the one behind the door but it turns out the big guys get alerted no matter how fast and silently you kill that one, damn shame.
http://s1.webmshare.com/VNY53.webm
>>
>>331309851
>it's a better hotline miami sequel than hotline miami 2
So, what you're saying is that's intended for plebs who are completely unable to adapt to new situations?
>>
>ten bucks
No thanks, call me when it's on sale for half that.
>>
>>331312068
It has no elements from Risk of Rain though.

It does have the
>building clearing from the side
From Gunpoint.
>>
>>331310892
Sounds like another Risky Rain then.

Looking forward to a sale.
>>
>>331309851
Just finshed hardmode, and i currently have 16 hours in the game, so not too bad. I still have a lot more i want to do (5 stars all levels, some of the achievements), so this will probably increase. I'll probably also try the level editor out at some point.

Big issue for me is how he tried to go for a "minimal plot", but i still have very little idea of what's going on. There's also small issues like picking up weapons right next to vents/doors, doors closing you on the wrong side,

As to it being a "better hotline miami" sequel, i will definitely say i enjoyed it more than hm2, but this is more like a spin off.
>>
>>331313753
It has the same dev and music guy
>>
>>331313059
it looks like shit, if i wanted to go in nightclubs to shoot blind, deaf people that only notice you when you put a bullet in their spine, then i would do it in real life

fuck off

far from being better than HM2
>>
>>331316202
it's not hard for something to be better than HM2
>>
>>331316301
>"I got irrationally angry at Dead Ahead"
fixed your post
>>
>>331316301
Well memed
>>
>>331316459
>Dead Ahead
>not Casualities on hard

because that sure is good level design
>>
>>331316674
>being this bad
Come on, I got to the plant entrance completely out of shotgun ammo and still full combo cleared it. If you wanted an actual example of bad level design, I'd at least try to go with Corey and Tony's part of Deathwish on hard.
>>
File: 2016-03-15-0442-28.webm (422 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-15-0442-28.webm
422 KB, 1280x720
>>331316202
>fuck off
You should thank me, I saved you from being a game you won't like
>>
>>331316838
That was pretty easy because you can just bait every enemy with them by shooting to the air with one and just chomping away people at the door.

how the fuck do you do the plant entrance with no bullets then?
>>
>>331316202
>blind
when you're in shadows which is a staple of stealth games

>deaf
you can see the ones in the next room and the room under hearing the shots

>people
they're vampires
>>
>>331317023
>stay to the right where the giga won't gun you down (make sure to kill the guy in the entrance room who charges you)
>kill the guys who rush you and see you
>go to the bottom right and bait out the gunners along with the guy in the far hallway
>at this point the gun patrol in the symmetric room on the left will have turned the corner and you can knife him
>grab the ammo box through the wall
>clean up the remainder
You won't have enough time to chain up the elevator regardless so it doesn't matter you lose it after clearing the stage.
>>
>everyone just wanted to be toasty warm.

man the fire and reaper are shits.
>>
>>331311884
>how dare you compare games in a niche style! Shill shill!
>>
>could have rebuilt risk of rain like they said they had to in order to add updates
>instead make a gunpoint ripoff
Why
>>
>>331318541
To fund ROR2.
>>
because you're the dev and are obviously trying to shill your average unsuccessful game.
>>
Don't chill your own game, dev, go back to /agdg/
>>
>>331317494
>All a bunch of people who commited suicide
>They just want to be comfy again
>>
>>331318728
>chill
I meant shill, fug
>>
Way better than HM.

Better weapon variety.
Tons of enemy variety.
More challenging.
No Reddit-tier story.
>>
>>331319016
Things that Hotline Miami and Deadbolt have in common
>Die in 1 hit (in HM2 you can take 2 bullets sometimes)
>Goal is to kill everybody
Why do you insist on continuing to compare them?
>>
what's the point of it being zombies? just makes it feel like some shitty censored version of the real game
>>
I don't support developers who ever did business with Chucklefish.
>>
>>331309851
With all the time you spend shilling here, you could be fixing Risk of Rain, Hopoo.
>>
>>331319291
Not him, but:

>all levels are various buildings which you need to clear
>structure is go to building with your car, get back into your car at the end of the mission
>between missions you're in your home, where you get contacted by your boss who gives you missions
>your home changes slightly during the course of the game

Deadbolt is literally just Hotline Gunpoint, it's uninspired as fuck, but the levels and music are decent. It's a shame Hoppo chose to make a derivative as fuck game like this instead of something more interesting.
>>
>>331313059
It's a shame that footage of the game doesn't do the actual gameplay justice. It's also exponentially better with the music.
>>
>>331309851
ill talk about it when hopo gets of his ass and fixes risk of rain.
>>
>>331319016
>Reddit-tier story
What do you mean anon?
>>
File: 1415133679830.png (132 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1415133679830.png
132 KB, 500x363
>That ending
I dont get it
>>
All the gameplay I've seen of this makes the game look really slow and boring. Just stand still and move your mouse around to fire at people.
>>
>>331320310
>And move your mouse around to fire at people
What PC shooter doesnt do that
>>
>skeletons are people that took their own life
>main character is a skeleton
oh shit
>>
Looks boring. Is there anything to increase the challenge factor, like if you alert the place they can call in more guys?
>>
>>331320829
no basically, you get a melee weapon, turn the lights off and shoot the gun one time to draw attention from guys, then you start hammering them once they come through the doors.
>>
>>331309851
How is it literally comparable?
They are both different playstyles and playspeeds. It's like comparing the first prince of persia to gta 1 in gameplay

Stop shilling nigga. Just say you like the game and talk about how good it is.
>>
Anyone have a mega of the soundtrack?
>>
>>331320829
If you're looking for a real challenge then it'd be best to go elsewhere
The game is easily cheesable as >>331321045 said
But you can of course make your own challenge and try to do things the cool way
>>
>>331321209
yeah right here
https://chrischristodoulou.bandcamp.com/album/deadbolt
>>
File: 1457989045910.png (419 KB, 909x1078) Image search: [Google]
1457989045910.png
419 KB, 909x1078
>forced conversion
>I don't have a scythe and can't afford one yet

it's all over for me
>>
>>331320640
What I'm saying is, NOT A HERO or Gunpoint is more engaging than this.
>>
>>331313059
Oh shit, it looks like Gunpoint except you actually shoot stuff instead of hacking cameras
Why didn't you tell me about this sooner ?
>>
Come on dev, I thought you go on 4chan

You'd think you'd know a better way to shill would be to say how you can kill zombie dindus
>>
>>331322183
>NOT A HERO
Never heard of this. Seems like it might be interesting, but I'm afraid of how reddit-y it looks. Super Time Force had that issue, I love it's gimmick, but I can't stand the constant memeshittery.
>>
>>331324090
NOT A HERO doesn't have memes in it. The only wackiness it has that could be considered that comes from Bunnylord's briefings, but I find it original enough. It's combat is very fast-paced and fun along with the character variation.
>>
>>331324489
it can be quirky in some levels but its not in your face and constant
It got a chuckle out of me when the scot trucker sets up posters and he mentions how the damn thing wont stay up
>>
>>331324090
I played and enjoyed NOT A HERO very much. The stages aren't pretty at all but it's fun anyways.
>>
I don't think I understood the plot at all. I mean...

Who are you really? Who is your employer really? Why does he look like a big skeleton candelabra? What was the significance of the last boss?
>>
>>331322215
Anon, it was compared to Gunpoint a while ago. It plays like Hotline Miami mixed with Gunpoint.
And then put a horror skin on it.
>>
>>331325242
Your boss is the god of life,if you look in the level editor the "true form" is called that.
>>
I had a lot of fun with it, going back and doing it again on hardmode really extends the playtime

Who /silencedshotgun/ here?
>>
Does anyone know if I have to start a new game anytime I want to go for the "complete game in an hour/not dying or quitting" achievements?
>>
>>331325242
For what I understand
>You're a reaper and your job is to keep the dead dead
>You boss is not the god of death, I think he outright says he's not at one point.
>Big Bad wants to "be warm again" possibly returning to the land of the living.
>He gathers up a lot of dead bodies (maybe by just killing people or bringing in the people you kill?) to create the portal
>Creates the ash trade to power the portal, vampires turn to ash.
>He manages to get to the other side and is killed by you.

There's a lot I'm missing.
>>
>>331325728
Hmmm, okay. That makes sense, I think like the guy below you said, he outright says he's not the god of death at least.

>>331326434
Alright, I think seeing all that in one place clears my head up a bit. Is there anything in the game that says what Ibzan's relationship with your employer is? Ibzan calls him his friend at the end and says he just wants to talk.
>>
>>331326709
I think Ibzan could have maybe been an ex reaper(?),since he seems to know the fire on a deeper level than all the other undead,but the fire doesn't consider Ibzan a friend.
>>
>>331326434
I think he was planning of using the God of life to reach the mortal realm
Or he just wanted to be warm, and you're bein a cunt
>>
File: 1456713206697.gif (288 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
1456713206697.gif
288 KB, 192x192
>>331319583

By this logic No More Heroes is a Hotline Miami-type game. You can't ignore the core gameplay element and compare everything else. Don't be the "It's the Dark souls of X!" guy
>>
>>331327103
Good point, especially since he calls you a poor reaper and stuff. Hmmm. I wanna know more about this world. Wonder if there'll be more content or something.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.