[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Walker, the nu-male and Rock Paper Shotgun writer recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: rps-deponia.png (253 KB, 1332x650) Image search: [Google]
rps-deponia.png
253 KB, 1332x650
John Walker, the nu-male and Rock Paper Shotgun writer recently reviewed the latest Deponia game, and the developer responded in a comment, the absolute madman! What do you think, /v/?
>>
Literally who on both fronts here.
>>
Btfo
>>
>>331307065
>RPS
>Deponia
>relevant in any kind of way at this day and age
Literally Who tier drama right there.
The only thing I see there is a stupid dev giving more clicks to a clickbait site.
>>
I dont care about either. I stopped consuming game journalism a while ago because its entirely unnecessary and deponia doesn't interest me regardless of whether or not its sexist/racist or not. I dont care about any of these people or their personal controversies.

I care about games I want to play. Anything short of a game that I want to play and I just dont give a shit.
>>
>>
>>331307559
Thanks for your completely pointless comment, bro
>>
>>331307065
John Walker is a cunt but deponia games are pretty bland so the real question here is "who the fuck cares?"
>>
>>331307065
I hope he sues for slander. About time reviewers stop getting away with accusing devs of being racist/sexist/transphobic
>>
>>331307774

Written slander is called libel.
>>
Some people just can't handle a game where the protagonist is an asshole.
>>
>>331307065
Game is only above average, but damn, he makes a good point.

Based.
>>
File: 1442598607569.png (269 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1442598607569.png
269 KB, 1024x1024
>>331307065
OP, the faggot lurking 4chan, decided to go to a videogame board to post about some irrelevant e-celeb and the drama surrounding him.
What do you think, /v/?
>>
>>331307065
Better make 300 threads about it.
>>
Usually, I laugh at developers defending their game from reviewers, but in this case he's totally in the right.
>>
>>331308145
This is actually about a video game developer responding to assholes.

It's vidya, brah.
>>
>>331308145
Pretty sure that Deponia is a video game.
>>
>>331308439
I dont see strats, mechanics, bugs, levels, gimmicks or any videogame shit being talked at all
Therefore, it is not videogames
Take this shit to your own fucking chan where it belongs
>>
File: RPS-2013.png (24 KB, 219x118) Image search: [Google]
RPS-2013.png
24 KB, 219x118
>>331307065
rps is not video games
>>
>>331308580
Nah.
>>
>>331308582

an rps article about a game isn't video games / video game related?
>>
>>331308251
this is only the second brah
>>
>>331308580
>I dont see strats, mechanics, bugs, levels, gimmicks or any videogame shit being talked at all
Now you understand the difference between v and vg, son
>>
>>331308640
yes
>>
Rock paper shotgun is the second most cancerous site right after Kotaku. Their articles are cringeworthy as fuck and its a real SJW haven. Dont ever fucking mention that cancer site here again.
>>
File: photo.jpg (31 KB, 477x477) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
31 KB, 477x477
Why do all video game journalists have a profile picture where they pose like a 14 year old kid trying to look cool on MySpace?
>>
OH LOOK ITS ANOTHER VIDEO GAME JOURNALISM SJW DRAMA THREAD

WE DEFINITELY NEED MORE OF THESE, PLEASE KEEP MAKING THEM
>>
>>331308797
When you're un-attractive, an ironically bad picture is the only course of action you've got.
>>
>>331308793
>right after Kotaku.
So they're the most cancerous site.
>>
>>331309004

But it looks like the one in OP is going for a 'tough, but thoughtful intellectual' kind of vibe. A lot of them have that looking upwards in a 'thoughtful way', like they're thinking about particularly important and stimulating subjects, when they're just writing about fucking video games.

I understand that Jim Sterling's one is totally ironic, and that the 'character' is expanded upon with his writing and presentation style.
>>
Pretty key part of this is a reaction to the comment from the writer. Any signs? a tweet or anything?
>>
>>331308682
Oh man, maybe I should ask about those in /ksg/.
>>
>>331307065
How many times are you going to make the same thread you giant faggot?
https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/text/John%20Walker%2C%20the%20nu-male/
>>
I do not give a fuck about any of this catfighting, and neither should you.
>>
Deponia games were ok.
Not sure why that shitty website thought it was a good idea to let the same guy review all 4 games when he hated every single one of them.
>>
>>331310260

Continuity in reviews.
>>
>>331310167
The second time I made the thread it got no replies.
The third thread isn't me (see the file name), it got no replies anyway.

The image took me 15 minutes to make, I'm not gonna throw it away after using in only one good thread.

So fuck you
>>
>>331308145
what the hell, i cant see the tweets? it says "video games" when I click on it.
>>
>>331311736
Bit of a smart one eh sport?
>>
>>331308797
because being light-hearted and smiling is a corporate-cynically-happy profile none of the smug cunts want to be associated with.

Being genuinely happy in a modern world is literally an illusion caused by delusioned reason
>>
>>331308797
fuck, up-close he literally looks like a stroke victim
>>
>>331307065
>16 days old

Why are you posting this. You posted this yesterday, too. Why?
>>
deponia is awful and an affront to classic adventure games
>>
>>331311736
>using tumblr question marks
fuck off
>>
>Reviewer shits on game
>Game dev defends himself

Are we looking for a drama that's not there?
>>
>>331312352
>being genuinely happy in a modern world is literally an illusion
I thought emo stopped being a thing, just go cut yourself until you bleed out faggot.
>>
>>331307065
I think people like that should find a hobby that suits them instead of video games. Anyone who thinks sexism and racism are topics worth addressing has got to be a fucking loser.
>>
>>331314742
To be fair if someone paid me to point out Racisim and Sexim in video games, I would get very good at it, especially if it put food in my mouth.

It's a career model. Calls some game racist, people click on this, he's getting as revenue, who gives a fuck about morality or the devs reputation? John Walker sure as shit dosent.

On a side note, Dose anyone think he truly believes in what he is saying?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.