[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was thinking about getting this on PC as I used to play it on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: mw2.jpg (33 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
mw2.jpg
33 KB, 768x432
Was thinking about getting this on PC as I used to play it on console.

Does anybody play on PC anymore or is it kill?

I also heard it's really easy to get VAC banned for no reason. Is this true?

Was thinking about getting an FOV Slider is all.
>>
>>331306309
No online servers

Fuck this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9MBxeEqyI
>>
>>331306309
It takes a fuckload of time to find a game since it's pretty much dead.

Everyone cheats.
>>
>>331306309
Yes you get banned for adjusting FOV
>>
>>331306309
>Does anybody play on PC anymore or is it kill?
http://steamcharts.com/app/10190

>I also heard it's really easy to get VAC banned for no reason. Is this true?
No. It has a lot of hackers.
I remember hearing about getting banned for an FOV slider, but that was years ago. I don't know if it's still a ban if you have it, but I understand your concern i it is.
>>
>>331306309
>Was thinking about getting an FOV Slider is all.
FOV changer is a VAC banned cheat in this game. Don't bother buying this.
>>
>>331306309
>Does anybody play on PC anymore or is it kill?
It's dead Jim.

You can still get CoD4 and play on PC. COUGHthankstodedicatedserversCOUGH
But MW2, being P2p even on PC, needs to have enough players to build playable games, and there's just not enough people online these days to get regular games at <150 ping.
>>
Modern Warfare 2 was the reason Infinity Ward broke apart, was the reason PC games became $60, and was when long time PC gamers unanimously stopped giving any fucks about Call of Duty
>>
File: 1412204544985.jpg (9 KB, 255x234) Image search: [Google]
1412204544985.jpg
9 KB, 255x234
Don't listen to these idiots, i played on steam recently with the FoV changer.

Didn't get banned and there were 2 servers up. Some cheaters about but not too bad.
>>
>>331307746
>>331307865
>>331307923
none of these a true they turned off vac ban but it just means a lot of people have hacks and won't be punished
>>
>>331308261
lol its worse than when I played it on the free weekends which were horrible. The most cheaters I've ever seen
>>
>>331308261
This is exactly why everyone cheats you fucktard. How is this not true? You can clearly see people on killcam turning the second you come around a corner and one shot you with a grenade throw RIGHT AT YOU, EVERY TIME.It's extremely infuriating and you must be a monumental retard to not notice it.
>>
>>331306309
Not really, you get banned if you cheat. The only way to adjust FOV is to cheat. Better to just force 16:9 ratio so the game's playable despite 65FOV, since that 65 is adjusted to 4:3, resulting in wider actual horizontal field of view.
>>
File: 1382661823725.jpg (116 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1382661823725.jpg
116 KB, 900x506
>>331308150
Do you know some good dedicated servers for cod 4 without cheaters? I really wanna play that again but i don't know which server and how to connect to it.
>>
>>331308545
Master server list is still up and there's enough people playing, so it just depends on your location so just look it up in game. Avoid cracked servers and you'll also avoid cheaters. Update punkbuster, it still actually kicks cheaters pretty easy(have even gotten kicked by it when using anti-detection autofire script) as long as it works.
I remember playing a lot on =FF= servers, I think their bolts only was pretty fun.
>>
>>331308819
You mean the server list in the original game?

Punkbuster doesn't work, if you have it on in call of duty world at war you get insta kicked, it's not supported anymore.
>>
>>331308545
Don't use the ingame server browser because there are fucking assholes creating fake (full) servers that redirects you to their empty shitty servers.
>>
>>331308236
>MW2
>servers
>>
>>331309049
well what the fuck should i use then
>>
>>331309032
Yeah, I tried it, doesn't seem to work anymore. Shame. Non-protected servers are all that's left.
>>331309049
Better to learn to recognize those. I don't understand why they even run those because it still costs money, and it's certainly not making them any.
There's still good servers in the list there. Just enough to keep the game alive.
>>
>>331309337
Just get in there.
Some on the list are fake, but a lot of them are actual servers. You don't need MMO-amounts of players online to have fun.
>>
Wait so you can't get VAC banned anymore?

It's cool to use a FOV slider (which was apparently said to be safe by Valve)
>>
>>331309559
Those servers are un protected and now full of cheaters that's the problem.
>>
>>331309574
You'll get VAC'd in MW2 for FOV hacks. It's a straight up memory hack and explicitly forbidden.
>>
>>331309559
>24/7 Broadcast - Bloc
Pretty funny
Bloc one of my favorite maps tho
>>
>>331308183
>tfw Infinity Ward is a shadow of its former self and CoD went generic as fuck
Feels bad man
>>
>>331309785
Even this one?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=154105687
>>
>>331309639
Not really. They often use some other anti-cheat tools.
>>
>>331309639
I guess? Tons of them still have votekick enabled and admins are sometimes on.

Way better than MW2 where it's just uncontrolled matches with no one watching over them while everyone's designing undetected hacks for free. There was a point where there was next to no point in playing without cheats because someone managed to design an external aimbot - something VAC by its own rules can't catch.
>>
>>331309908
That's interesting. I remember when that definitely was a protected cvar.
VAC is still designed to specifically detect known cheats over heuristic checks. What this program does can easily be considered a cheat - but they just decided to not rule it as one. Probably because they realized that it's just about user comfort and it's a feature they implemented in later CoDs anyways.
>>
>>331310179
Yeah it seems like it's safe and my friends been using it for years.
>>
>>331309337
There are websites that lists legit COD4 servers, along with ping, population, gamemode and map. I think Gametracker is the one I used
>>
>>331310535
Do i need original cd key to play on them?
>>
>>331306309
you'll play the game then realize that its unbalanced shit and hate it unless you're trying to annoy people then you'll get some fun out of it

most people here are old enough to have nostalgia over this shitty game now
>>
>>331310814
If they're not cracked, yeah. If they're cracked (it's usually in the server name) then no
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.