[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FREE Plantetary Annihilation Steam Key
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Get it while it`s hot

http://www.cnet.com/news/get-real-time-strategy-game-planetary-annihilation-for-free/
>>
Is it even good?
>>
>>331301726
lmao I already own it
HHMGZ-7Z448-75VMF
smdh
>>
Oh my god! A FREE piece of shit?!!!

That's amazing!
>>
Even if PA is free I'd rather just play SupCom
>>
So what exactly is wrong with PA/T? I like large scale rts but so many people seem to hate it
>>
>>331302986
It is a game designed by dreamers (the kickstarter backers), not game designers.
So it allows you to blow up planets and SupCom on a grander scale... but that sucks and people couldn't admit it to themselves when the devs told hem.
>>
>>331301726
I went to get it and then I realized that I don't even like RTS games.
>>
>>331302986
drm up the ass that doesn't even allow you to play single player
>>
>>331303664
it's less DRM and more the game doesn't fucking run well enough to work client-side
>>
>>331301726
>Update:Aaargh...sorry, cheeps. I updated the post early today to reflect the unfortunate expiration of this deal, but it didn't seem to take. So, apologies once again: Bundle Stars ran out of giveaway licenses early this morning.

nice thread OP
>>
>>331302986

Devs released it incomplete, then a year latet released a standalone Titan edition with the full content at full price and no way to upgrade from the gimped version.

A huge fuck you to the kickstarter backers.

I didn't look, but I bet they're giving out codes for the standard version in op's link.
>>
>>331303802
>A huge fuck you to the kickstarter backers.
backers got a free key IIRC
owners of the original game got a discount
>>
Hows SupCom's MP scene and how is the AI

PA is alright but i will gladly spend £2 if its a better version of it
>>
>>331304030
Just get SC2. It's the only RTS with alive MP
>>
>>331302986
People bought into the hype, instead of reading the kickstarter page. The were issues from the beginning and they've stayed like that, gameplay wise. However the game also has (maybe had nowadays) a horrendous netcode and optimization issue. Even worse than SupCom
>>
>>331304030
>Hows SupCom's MP
Very relatively alive. You will be able to find guys, just not a whole load of them at FAF.

>how is the AI
The vanilla is shite, the modded one is still shite, but slightly better. Neither come even close to multiplayer experience. You can probably say the same for most of the games, but the issue is more apparent here, since both Sorian AI and vanilla one act more like zombies than trying to emulate real players. PA has a better AI since the guy who made the modded AI for SupCom worked on the game
>>
File: 1458033695282.gif (896 KB, 254x214) Image search: [Google]
1458033695282.gif
896 KB, 254x214
I was a big supcom fan and backed it on the kickstarter for cheap

I didn't like the spherical worlds; I preferred the square map.

I would have played this game a bit longer if they had more options for AI and such.
I could tell that they basically ended development on it, so I've never booted it up since
>>
>>331304375
Further to this, I'm carefully watching Ashes of the Singularity but I suspect it will go the same way
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.