[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ now hates Gaben What happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 44028_1_other_video_games_gaben.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
44028_1_other_video_games_gaben.jpg
431 KB, 1920x1080
>/v/ now hates Gaben

What happened?
>>
consolecucks mad that their toys are becoming irrelevant
>>
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ YOU FAT JEW DIE ON A HEARTH ATTACK つ ◕_◕ ༽つ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ YOU FAT JEW DIE ON A HEARTH ATTACK つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ YOU FAT JEW DIE ON A HEARTH ATTACK つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
>>
One bad decision after another.

I wanted to believe in him, but just can't anymore. Valve is still better than most companies, of course.
>>
I don't hate him but i stopped posting about him since he's the posterboy of the /pcmasterrace/ sub.
>>
Paid mods and no hl3, that's why I no longer look for things related to Gabe Newell. What's the last time valve made a game?
>>
He's fucking everything up for some years now.
>>
>>331294459
Even they don't like him anymore now that he's found joy in chasing a quick buck
>>
File: 1430844062313.png (21 KB, 992x220) Image search: [Google]
1430844062313.png
21 KB, 992x220
>>
>>331294337
gaben is an ass and we wont be working with him again
>>
>Required online activation DRM for Half Life 2
>Turned PC gaming into The App Store full of shovelware
>buying subscriptions
>Turned Counter Strike into a game about microtransactions
>>
>>331294614
Hello EA
>>
File: 1456560601099.jpg (119 KB, 662x292) Image search: [Google]
1456560601099.jpg
119 KB, 662x292
Too much of a greedy bastard these days. They make billions and yet try to avoid paying any money to the staff of their flagship games tournament.

Sad thing is Valve being a private company with huge cash reserves is in a position to make your dream game if they wanted to. There's nothing stopping them from making fantastic video games - they have the money, they have the talented developers, and they don't have shareholders forcing them to make casual garbage.

Yet they spend all their efforts crowdsourcing content for old ass mods which they turned into full games.
>>
>>331294337
Same reason people hate anyone from EA, Activision, Ubisoft.
>>
>>331294516
>Even they don't like him anymore
what happened? i thought "gaben muh savior" was their main shtick
>>
>>331294369
/v/ is basically becoming neogaf
>>
Valve stopped making games and Steam got incredibly Jew-y

I don't hate Gaben, but I don't respect him as much as I used to. If he oversees the development/release of another great handful of games like the Orange Box, he'll have won me over again, but for now he's just a sad husk of what he once was.
>>
>>331295030
>>331294369
Found the autist mustards
>>
>>331294337
Stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt when he defended paid mods. I'm not sure how he became so out of touch with his community, but he's veered way off. Must be the curse of the industry, so many game developers and publishers have no fucking clue what we want, or simply don't care. Gabe is just one on a long list of people who've fallen from grace.
>>
>>331294337
>stopped making games
>money whore
>turned into an SJW
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.