[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no Salt and Sanctuary thread Let's fix that. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>no Salt and Sanctuary thread
Let's fix that.

What do you think, /v/? Sodden Knight kicked my ass a couple of times until I actually learned how to fight, and the combat feels good. Loving the Castlevania feel, too.
>>
Same here, love it. Only the game crashes too much for me. Already lost an hour of progress. And there's even a chance of corrupting the save when it crashes.
>>
Waiting for the Vita release
>>
/v/ doesn't own a ps4
>>
File: 1424760544593.png (118 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1424760544593.png
118 KB, 399x388
PC W H E N
>>
File: 280674092.jpg (13 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
280674092.jpg
13 KB, 250x214
>>331294556
>>
>>331294383

>playing this game and loving the fuck out of it
>going on a trip soon
>can't just cross-save and play on my Vita yet

Suffering.
Working on clean-up of secrets and making new characters.
I think the only thing I have left on my first char is the final boss but I don't wanna be pushed into NG+ automatically.
>>
This S scaling greatsword is gonna carry my entire fucking run. I'm level 50 and there is no sign of me putting it down.

Why in the fuck do they give you this greatsword in, like, the second area?
>>
>>331294556
It's indie, so soon. Wait for the humble bundle
>>
>>331294556
June, Dev said so in a stream.
>>
>>331294635
It's coming to PC, but I can't imagine anyone playing it over Dark 3.
>>
>>331294970
They prioritized fun over balance, as all games should.
>>
>>331295672
It should have released on all platforms simultaneously. It's the perfect moment too, DS3 isn't too far away and everyone is craving souls content and this game is probably the best thing to fill out that void until DS3 comes out.
>>
>>331296116
>It's the perfect moment too, DS3 isn't too far away and everyone is craving souls content and this game is probably the best thing to fill out that void until DS3 comes out.
Which is exactly why they got extra promotion and probably money from Sony for timed PS4 exclusivity.
>>
>>331295741
Balance is fun though
>>
>>331296245
If that's true, I wonder why they accepted it. I imagine they'd make more money by releasing it on all platforms.
>>
Honestly had no idea this game existed. How is it similar to souls games? Is there scimitars in this game? I like scimitars. I'm a little drunk right now.
>>
Im about half way through. This game is essentially dark souls meets Metroid.

My only complaint is most of my deaths are from falling
>>
Hope they manage to get actual multiplayer working. The bottle system is nice, but not too many people are leaving measagsa.
>>
I don't understand what type of weapon poleaxes are suppose to be. The first one is quality, then straight dex, then strength and dex again. This wouldn't be a problem if weapons weren't tiered.
>>
how the fuck do I change creed in this? I need to be Iron to get my next fireball spell, and I just picked the three cause it was the first option
>>
>>331299220
I think you need to find a sanctuary that is already devoted to that Creed and join them.
>>
>>331299353
but i need the fireball nowwwwwwwww~
>>
Witch of the lake is busting my balls.
>>
I don't really like how maces trivialize everything, but some enemies and bosses are complete sponges when using slashing weapons.
>>
>>331299658

Got her, cost me 50k gold in deaths though. Fukken bitch.
>>
>>331293168
does the game have anything unique to make it worth playing? seems like a souls clone cash grab, lords of the fallen already was pretty boring because the world sucked ass.
>>
>>331293168

time for the indy shilling.
>>
>>331300409
Yes, no video game threads please, we need the room for more Hulk Hogan threads.
>>
Seriously amazing how few people on /v/ are interested in this. Its filling some time before Dark Souls 3 for sure.
>>
>>331293168
It was only like 15 hours long so I beat it already
There does not seem to be any reason to use anything besides greatswords, everything else sucks in comparison
>>
>Sold out to Sony
>Expects me to actually PAY FOR the game now.

Kek, piratebay should make their own games client.
>>
>>331301204
Hammers
>>
>>331301342
Yeah, same.
>>
Can you spend your salt on anything except levels? I got too much salt farming these upgrade items, don't wanna outrun my friend
>>
>>331293168
I was thinking about picking this up but don't want to feel like I wasted my money. Honest rating?

Regardless, I think I'll look up a bit on youtube, or should I go in blind? Good god /v/ you're my only hope. There's nothing to play till ds3...
>>
>>331301342
This. Why do people actually pay for games anymore?
>>
>>331302392
The game is solid but flawed in a few areas. Reading around you'll either just like it or hate it.
>>
>>331302586
I pay for games, but when I'm treated like a second class citizen I don't want to support the dev that treated me poorly.
>>
How do the creeds work? I picked the Goddess of Light and I'm not sure what it's changed for me. I have Covenants from the Souls games in my head but I don't think it works that way. Is it tied to spell types?
>>
>>331294556
June. The dev said the PS4 and PC versions are almost identical so I don't know what the time difference is for. Something to do with Steam?
>>
>>331300320
If you like the combat mechanics of Souls with Castlevania-like levels you'll like this. But yeah, some things are downright lifted from Souls games. Not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>331294650
NG+ is your own choice, they don't put you straight into it after the final boss.
>>
>>331302763
Flawed in what sense? Like, general dark souls fuckery? I've played through ds2 and bb. I'm one of those rare people that liked the combat more is ds2. So I'm at least walking into this as a souls veteran, or at least someone who knows the series
>>
Picked it up yesterday, having fun with it. Alchemist wrecked me a few times.

Most of my deaths are from falling.
>>
I'm in the tomb of the gods but can't find the next boss from the sanctuary. I've unlocked the shortcut for both sides but can't find a way to the lower area. Any ideas?
>>
File: 1456599295868.jpg (24 KB, 581x406) Image search: [Google]
1456599295868.jpg
24 KB, 581x406
Why would anyone waste their time developing such a derivative piece of crap? I would understand if it was inspired by something that's been dead for a while, but Dark Souls is still alive and well. No one will care about this garbage in a couple months' time. Sad!
>>
>>331303778
I doubt it, since they don't even have a store page up or anything. Odds are they just got some free money from Sony for a limited window of exclusivity.
>>
>>331305417

Never find, found him after dropping dorwn safely. Killed the boss first try heh.
>>
Just finished it last night, really enjoyed it. Fuck the Kraekan Wyrm though, boring piece of shit. I also wish they did more in terms of movement against bosses. Most of them were just dodging behind and attacking. There was the Tree of Men I guess.
>>
>another dodge and punish one hit at a time simulator with a stamina bar

yeah no
>>
>>331305591

>low energy
>>
>>331302243
You can still pasty with your friend at different levels.
But otherwise I dint think there is anything to spend salt on.
>>
fucking character design is so ugly i cant play it
>>
>>331303778
Don't have a source, but I remember the dev saying Sony had an exclusivity window
>>
>>331306961
For real. Seems like it'd ruin the atmosphere really. Which is a huge downside for a game that's trying to be Dark Souls. The character design looks like something from newgrounds.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.