[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, honestly, do you think Dark Souls III is going to be good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: dark-souls-3-1453983495-3.jpg (1 MB, 1600x2202) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-1453983495-3.jpg
1 MB, 1600x2202
Guys, honestly, do you think Dark Souls III is going to be good, mediocre or shit?
>>
Good for sure and as long as it doesn't have DaS2 bad area design it will be great. Fuck I fucking hate DaS2 at times, what a complete piece of shit.
>>
File: great.gif (2 MB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
great.gif
2 MB, 300x241
>>331292632
>>
>>331292745
How do you crash into a parked car you falied abortion holy fuck.
>>
>>331292632
Pretty confident it will be at least good, maybe even great.
>>
>>331292632
Better than DS2 obviously and possibly better than DS1/BB/DeS unless there is another post-anor londo tier drop in quality.
>>
Good, just like Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. Not as great as Demon's Souls but definitely not as shitty as Bloodbore.
>>
>>331292632
Bloodborne gave me hope, but all the references to the previous games slowly erodes that hope.
>>
>>331292947
>peecuck
>>
>>331293057
this. Das3 is gonna be sliiiightly better than Das2 cause at least miyazaki has had SOME involvement, but it's still B-team and it's still simply made to fill out a contractual obligation with Bamco.

The A-team is working on that next unspecified game that was leaked.
>>
>>331293125
>consolecucks in charge of reading
>>
>>331292632
I think it'll be good. Probably will be between 1 and 2 in the rankings, 2 being the lowest.
>>
I just hope they actually tie the story into DaS1 instead of the embarrassing fan fiction that was DS2s story
>>
>>331292632
From what ive seen during the livestream today, it looks like a clone of bloodborne, even the enemy hit reactions

So its going to be decent, not great like demons souls and dark souls 1, but it will be fun to play

Much much better than dark souls 2
>>
>>331293143

>A-team
>B-team

This isn't a collaborative effort you mong, many games(especially Nip ones) are led by auteur directors. The most important people in these projects are the directors.
>>
File: heide great lance.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
heide great lance.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
It's gonna be great
There are no warning signs like there were for DaS2
>>
>>331292632
DS2 was shit but it's still good

This will be similar
>>
>>331293306
>a videogame is made
>this isn't a collaborative effort
stopped reading there, you're officially the most retarded human being on the entire planet
>>
Concerned, to be honest
No hype means no waiting though, i'll just get it when I notice it is out on steam
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 300x256
>>331293269

>game directly references cycles and refers to itself as a cycle, along with using a prolapse giant as one of the main bosses
>wow guys i hope it doesn't reference Dark Souls 2
>>
>>331292632
Pretty good.

I think DaS2 is pretty good even if it's not as good as the other games, so I'm sure 3 will be fine.
>>
>>331293315

We Monster Hunter now.
>>
>>331293374

Look up what an auteur is before spouting any more stupid shit.
>>
>>331293429
That's not what I meant, I'm saying I hope the story is similar in quality to the first game and not the second
>>
mediocre or shit, but overrated
>>
>>331293476
haha how about you just kill yourself you absolute retarded mongoloid I bet you think Kojima single-handedly created MGSV
>>
File: qQ0RPsM.jpg (32 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
qQ0RPsM.jpg
32 KB, 500x281
>>
>>331293512
What's the difference? Same vague, fill in the gaps story type
>>
>>331292941
Isn't like the last 30% of all the games meh? Bloodborne had the Nightmare Frontier and shit
>>
>>331293612
Dark Souls 2 was essentially a repeat of the original. The universe wasn't expanded upon, and there was no conclusion.
He's hoping for an actual conclusion to the series.
>>
>>331292632
IMO it's gonna be: DeS=BB>DaS1>DaS3>DaS2
>>
>>331293787
This nigga is right about everything he just said except for the fact that it's only his opinion, and not absolute fact
>>
>>331293306
No it isn't, shithead. Warren Spector laughs at idiots like you.
>>
>>331293834
but they did say "IMO" so they were right about that too.
>>
>>331293778
That's false.
Dark Souls 2 deals with the long eternity of the cycle and the fragments of Manus, their influence, and the curse when it's not outright hollowing people instantly.

There is just as much conclusion as in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. If you do everything right, you are free of the curse and the cycle, immortal and unable to hollow.

What your post really says is that you don't like the game and just disregard everything about it.
>>
>>331293778
How do you even pull off a conclusion to this? Save the world/break the cycle?
>>
>>331293778
I sure as fuck hope it's not some shitty "conclusion to the series" crap but a proper stand-alone game.
>>
>>331293930
No no I'm saying he DID say IMO and that was the only thing that was wrong in his sentence.

It's not his opinion, it IS fact.
>>
>>331293306
The most important people (at least for souls games) are those who design enemies and areas. This is not a story driven game like MGS where Kojima has actual influence on game pacing, character development and shit. In souls director at best can give general advice on where to place enemies, traps, powerful upgrades for player etc.
>>
>>331293859

>western game designer

Nice try faggot.
>>
I don't know, but it probably won't top bloodborne
>>
>>331293983
Not him but you can become the lord of Hollows now in DS3. To anyone that knows the lore of DS1 & 2 well, this is pretty much breaking the cycle
>>
>>331293626
Bloodborne had a solid finale compared to DaS and DaS2, Gehrman is a way better final boss than either Gwyn or Girl Nito, same with Moon Presence
>>
>>331292632
Good, maybe not great. I'm certain it can't be as bad as DS2.
>>
It will be decent.
Probably in the end it will look like this:
DS=BB>DS3>DES>DS2
>>
File: 1456315255648.jpg (19 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
1456315255648.jpg
19 KB, 480x451
>>331294097
Is this a delusional weeb or bait?

I don't know anymore.
>>
File: 1457507159968.jpg (180 KB, 960x956) Image search: [Google]
1457507159968.jpg
180 KB, 960x956
No one on /v/ is going to be officially allowed to like the game judging from the shitposting that's already happening now, but my feeling is the people with realistic expectations will be happy with the game. Probably will be regarded between 1 and 2 in the hierarchy after a couple more games have been made and the shitposting flurry has moved on.
>>
>>331293143
>simply made to fill out a contractual obligation with Bamco.
I thought Bamco only handled the localization.
>>
>>331293950
>eternity of cycles
>armor and weapons from the original game is still perfectly intact
Everything you just described happens in Dark Souls except for the cycles. The influence of the dark soul is still there, but in a different form.

>freeing yourself from the cycle
Too bad this is never fucking explained at all, and makes no sense.
>>
File: 120391794791.jpg (114 KB, 1496x817) Image search: [Google]
120391794791.jpg
114 KB, 1496x817
>>331294187
>DaS that high
>DeS that low
>>
>>331294187
BB > DS though

I agree otherwise
>>
>>331292632
Very worried that it's going to reuse more stuff from previous games than even DaS2 did. I have the suspicion that it's going to be mediocre because it will lack its own identity. Especially when I see shit like "Dragonslayer Armour" on the list of bosses. That being said I don't think that it will be shit.
>>
>>331294087
even in a story-driven game like MGS, it was a collaborative effort. You know that Fukushima meme? Well it aint just a meme. Kojima didn't solo-write anything, and he sure as shit didn't solo-create anything other than the writing.
>>
I'm hopeful. While the season pass shit really puts me off, the DLC areas in both games were good (with the exception of recycled bosses in Sunken King). DaS2 also had its share of genuine gameplay improvements; bows and crossbows, more balanced magic, removal of non-scaling elements, more equipment load levels, dual wielding, better crafting with more viable infusions, human form mattered in solo play and PvP covenants were accessible much earlier etc. though had its problems with worse level design and boss fights.

I'm hoping DaS3 manages to combine the strengths of both games. I'm still on the edge about whether I should pre-order though.

>>331293778
>Dark Souls 2 was essentially a repeat of the original. The universe wasn't expanded upon, and there was no conclusion.
>He's hoping for an actual conclusion to the series.
At least we can agree on the latter, but DaS2:SotFS somewhat fixed the story's lack of direction with the introduction of Aldia and his questions about whether continuing the cycle or ushering the Age of Dark are proper answers at all, or if there's some other answer to the cycle.

It seems DaS3 will continue off from DaS2:SotFS's new ending due to the appearance of Unkindled and Lords of Cinder (the cycle didn't continue as planned), the narrator mentioning "Lords going without their thrones" (Throne of Want wasn't taken by anyone) and the firekeeper or someone else in the intro holding a crown that is reminiscent to DaS2's sovereign crowns.
>>
>>331294252

Miyazaki babies just quit DeS because it had too many "unfair" gank encounters.
>>
>>331294218
Bamco isn't involved in the development, but it's pretty common knowledge that From signed off on a trilogy contract with Bamco back when they made the move away from Demon's Souls. Meanwhile, it was leaked a few weeks ago, maybe or a month, that From's been working on a new game with the team who created Bloodborne.

Das3 is simply From trying to push something out the door using as many assets and re-used concepts from Bloodborne as possible, while still doing a bit of fanservice to the Dasfags who didn't buy a ps4 (example: they put solaire's meme armor in the game) so they can fulfill the trilogy contract and get back to working on what Miyazaki actually wants to work on, i.e this new game
>>
>>331294221
>Too bad this is never fucking explained at all, and makes no sense.
Wow! Just like everything fucking else like how becoming a monumental affects you, what the old one will do when fed, what linking the fire really does to you, etc etc
>>
>>331294221
"Once the fire is linked, souls will flourish anew and all this will play out again"

"Beyond the scope of light, Beyond the reach of dark, what could possible await us?"

Both your questions are answered in the endings, the most straight forward of lore in DS2, Why the crown keeps you from hollowing will be explained in DS3 since you as an Unkindled can't hollow and there are thrones, crowns and shit all over the game.
>>
>>331294351
But the ending in DaS2:SotFS is no different than the Age of Dark.
The only difference is that your character doesn't become a Dark Lord.
>>
>>331292868
>le dark souls 2 is bad meme
>>
I feel it will have too much pandering, memes, and the game will be mediocre.
I hope i'm wrong.
>>
>>331294495
I don't care about DeS lore.

If we had a proper sequel, then we would get an answer to what happens after we link. Too bad we needed to have DaS2 in between the beginning and the end.
>>
>>331294589

The crown after the DLC's keeps you from hollowing/losing humanity though, making you effectively immortal and sane. I'm guessing the apocalypse scenario is happening now because the Dark Souls 2 character found the final solution to the fire problem.
>>
>>331294623
You're probably right. I just hope the bosses are well designed instead of a giant spider shooting blue lasers out both of its assholes
>>
>>331294836
You know that was dumb, but that was one of the funniest things I've seen happen in a video game in ages. I used to not attack to let it GIANT BLUE SPIDER LASER everywhere.
>>
>>331294836
>instead of a giant spider shooting blue lasers out both of its assholes
what
that sounds awesome
>>
>>331294804
If there was an actual explanation for why three random kings from one cycle could grant this power, I would be perfectly fine with that.
>>
>>331294589
>But the ending in DaS2:SotFS is no different than the Age of Dark.
>The only difference is that your character doesn't become a Dark Lord.
That's already different, the character's motivation behind doing it. Also I think the Throne fundamentally differs from the Kiln in that taking it doesn't automatically burn the user for the good of mankind, but lets them choose.

Description of Giant's Kinship
>Each King has his rightful throne. And when he sits upon it, he sees what he chooses to see. Or perhaps, it is the throne, which shows the king only what he wants.
Emerald Herald
>If you proceed, Nashandra will come after you. Knowing that you will take the throne, and link the fire. She covets the First Flame, and the Great Soul.
>You, who link the fire, you, who bear the curse… Once the fire is linked, souls will flourish anew, and all of this will play out again. It is your choice…To embrace, or renounce this… Great Sovereign, take your throne. What lies ahead, only you can see.
These also make Nashandra's actions make more sense, since she obviously wouldn't want the Throne just so she could burn it in for the good of mankind, meaning the Throne also has the possibility of ushering darkness.

Aldia's dialogue, questioning both continuing the cycle and destroying the order of the world
>Once, the Lord of Light banished Dark, and all that stemmed from humanity. And men assumed a fleeting form. These are the roots of our world. Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite… A lie will remain a lie. Young Hollow, knowing this, do you still desire peace?
>All men trust fully the illusion of life. But is this so wrong? A construction, a facade, and yet… A world full of warmth and resplendence. Young Hollow, are you intent on shattering the yoke, spoiling this wonderful falsehood?
cont.
>>
I'm expecting it to be better than DaS2 but worse than DaS and DeS.
>>
>>331294456
But Bamco doesn't even publish the games in Japan.
>>
File: drang hammers.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
drang hammers.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>331295114
>worse than DeS
Impossible.
>>
>>331295054
After defeating Aldia and his ending
>I lost everything, but remained here, patiently. The throne will certainly receive you. But the question remains… What do you want, truly? Light? Dark? Or something else entirely…
>There is no path. Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark… …what could possibly await us? And yet, we seek it, insatiably… Such is our fate.

Ergo, while no one taking the Throne will probably have the same effect as just ushering the Age of Dark right now in the long run, the new ending seems to renounce both answers (the cycle and Age of Dark) and feels more like a sequel hook for DaS3. DaS3's intro certainly seems to imply that the cycle didn't continue as planned.
>>
>>331292632
Mediocre at best.
>>
File: meat-cleaver-on-hand[1].jpg (40 KB, 300x579) Image search: [Google]
meat-cleaver-on-hand[1].jpg
40 KB, 300x579
>>331295201
I have no webms but come on man, the meat cleaver is easily the best weapon in any souls game.
>>
>>331292632
It's made by the team behind DS1 and DS2, will have the gameplay of 2, and the level design of 1 and Bloudbourne.

yes the game is gonna be god tier.
>>
>>331292632
yes

especially compared to all the other games coming out this year
>>
File: 1456832280781.gif (714 KB, 457x640) Image search: [Google]
1456832280781.gif
714 KB, 457x640
I hope it's good.
>>
File: bestweapon.jpg (142 KB, 631x336) Image search: [Google]
bestweapon.jpg
142 KB, 631x336
>>331295342
u wot m8
>>
>>331295342
>90 base damage, making the scaling effectively the same in the end as other weapons
>triple stat scaling you'll never use to full potential, especially if you want to use Light Weapon
>going Quality in Demon's Souls when you need 34 STR, 50 DEX, + INT + FAI for SC + CW
>even at 34/50, doesn't even come close to the full solid physical AR of DBS / Crushing Great Axe which only needs the STR
>horrific stamina usage without the shield rape of Bramd, Dozer Axe, or even Great Axe
>is a Great Hammer but deals Cut damage
>Crippled by Dark Silver Shield
>1% of 1100 HP is basically nothing

Unwarranted love.
Most overrated weapon in vidya history.
>>
Going with mediocre.
>>
>>331294187
The game isn't even out, what's the point ?
>>
>>331292632

That looks so stupid. It's a good thing this is the last game. They're really running out of ideas.
>>
File: 1456219130852.gif (3 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1456219130852.gif
3 MB, 500x282
>>331293315
>tfw start to remember maldron
>>
>>331295817
>using the most optimal weapon
>in a souls game
Why not just use magic? Its move-set is fun as fuck, it deals more than enough damage to be valid in PVP/NG+ and that's all that matters.
>>
>>331295812
It's too slow for my liking, but it is cool and fun for a while.
I also prefer hammer over great sword
>>
God, I hope it's good.
DeS was perhaps my favorite game of all time and I never doubted for a second that DaS would be fantastic too. It did not disappoint.
DaS2 on the other hand was not what I hoped for.
Miyazaki is back at the helm though, right?
DeS, DaS, and BB are all so fucking good. I just hope it's about as good as they are.
>>
File: 1453286643465.jpg (304 KB, 1300x963) Image search: [Google]
1453286643465.jpg
304 KB, 1300x963
They are all the same game with minor changes in world and gameplay design. So it will be good because the Souls formula is pokemon-tier safety.
>>
>>331296027
>using the least optimal weapon to ever exist in a Souls game
Anon

Anon come the fuck on

The moveset is the exact same as the crescent axe, greataxe, great club, bramd, dozer axe

The damage does not compare to cursed weapon fagolas with pure physical weapons and dark silver shields, same goes for Blessed weapons
>>
>>331296201
is this supposed to be a voynich manuscript about half a presses?
>>
>>331296236
>The moveset is the exact same as the crescent axe, greataxe, great club, bramd, dozer axe

Yes, but with the range of 100 light years, also I didn't say I didn't like those weapons, although greataxe has shit range and great club looks shitty.
>>
>>331293143
I think Miyazaki is a control freak. That's why most of the mechanical tweaks they made in DaS2 were reverted.
I think too much of the game's design is credited to the rest of the team. When in reality, the one doing the design work is primarily Miyazaki, and whoever works directly under him. The rest are all codmonkeys and artists. Simply following direction.

I don't fear B-team's competence under a good director.
>>
>>331294623
>I feel it will have too much pandering, memes, and the game will be mediocre.
I kinda wonder. Would more people buy the game if it had Solaire? Are there Dark Souls fans who would actually enjoy praise-the-sun references in the game?
>>
>>331296728
4.99 dlc for a Solaire starting class. Could make some shekels.
>>
Don't really care, DS2 and all the lies surrounding it was enough to turn me away for good.

Oh, and let's not forget that Bloodborne is on PS4 and people keep bugging me to get on just to play this one game with them. Fuck it and fuck From.
>>
File: 1404811672495.gif (1 MB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1404811672495.gif
1 MB, 160x160
it shapes up to be the best of souls series thanks to level design alone
ign stream lasted 3 hours and they rushed to undead settlement relatively fast but got absolutely fucking lost in the place, it's like two or three cathedral wards stitched together with at least 3 levels of terrain, you can even explore the space under bridges where crystal lizards dwell, you can explore roofs, you can explore every single fucking building, everything has some neat details and items or cool enemies
>>
>>331297675
You could already do that in Bloodborne. I guess they are using the same engine.
I hope they don't re-use too many assets
>>
>>331293626
If you go solely by the totally necessary areas, BB is best.
Trouble is that makes it even shorter.
>>
>>331297808
you can't explore a shitton of buildings in bloodborne, this was one of my largest gripes with its level design
like, there's a fuckton of doors in central yharnam but you can't open any of them aside from a select few
in undead settlement if you see a door, you can open it and it will contain some nice surprise
miyazaki specifically stated that it was his aim in one of the early ds3 interviews
>>
DeS>DS>BB>DS2
How wrong am I?
>>
Regardless how good it actually is, I'm still going to wait until its on sale with all DLC on Steam for under $60.
That way I'm paying full price for the full game and not full price for part of it, then $30 more for the rest of it.
In the mean time, bugs will be fixed and I don't end up looking like a chump who supports this garbage business model.
>inb4 missing the early experience.
Yeah nah, buggy games with invaders isn't an experience, its a chore.
>>
>>331295021
Triforce.
Sunken king = green = courage.
Iron king = red = power.
Ivory king = blue = wisdom.
>>
>>331293315
Maldron confirmed.
>>
File: 1454881058475.jpg (121 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1454881058475.jpg
121 KB, 444x460
>vigor is still in
>bring back luck for BBS 2.0 and nothing else
>pyromancy needs int and fth
it's doa
>>
>>331296201
>the Souls formula
Actually, it's incredibly hard to make a game like that interesting, you dumb fuck. It can produce stellar effects when done right, but it's very, very hard.
>>
>>331298387
Not confident in their ability to make bleed and poison builds balanced through Luck?
>>
>>331298596
Not him, I just don't like vigor. I think the least stats should affect the most objects. Stamina and equip load should be functions of VIT, END, and STR.
But that's just me.
>>
>>331298387
Vigor is so Flynn's Ring builds and heavy armor builds can exist. Equip load is very lenient anyway.

Luck is EXTREMELY useful. Luck gives you a hell of a lot of drops, Thief finds tons of stuff Knight doesn't, and the Rusted Gold Coins are ridiculously good.
Luck also determines bleed and poison scaling, and is was said in yesterday's IGN stream to be good for a number of weapons and spells.
Pyromancy requirements are very low. Fireball requires 6 INT/FAI, Fire Surge requires 6 INT, Great Combustion requires 10 INT/FAI. Most classes start with 9/10 INT or FAI.
>>
>>331298740
>heavy armor
Has never been useful in any Souls but DS1. They bringing poise back, or amping the defense numbers?
>>
>>331298927
>They bringing poise back, or amping the defense numbers?
Poise is back, and armour can't be upgraded.
Since PvP matchmaking is back to SL exclusively, people can't just get 40 END and VIG for fastrolling havels.
>>
>>331294604
God you cunts are the worst
>>
>>331298927
Heavy armor was overpowered in DaS2 and is still good today if you're any skilled with hyper armor weapons.
110 poise and a zwei lets you shit on flynn babbies, they completely fall apart when you tank them.

Anyway, see >>>>331291654
>>
This will Probally be the last dark souls I play, at this point the formulas pretty played out and it could really use some more reinvention at this point. Bloodborne was a step in the right direction but honestly a large chunk of bosses throughout the series are just reused, I just can't get all that excited anymore the franchise seems pretty played out at this point.
>>
>>331299360
>This will Probally be the last dark souls I play
It will definitely be the last Dark Souls you play, because it's the last one they're making, at least for a while.
>>
How do weapon upgrades work this time around?

And are weapon buff spells more like DaS or DaS2?
I want to go into the game without knowing too much, otherwise I'd just go to /vg/
>>
>>331299928
It's upgrades and infusions like in Dark Souls 2.
>>
who do you guys think will be secret betrayal, dark serpant boss?
>>
>>331292632
I´m just gonna play it because there is nothing else in April.
>>
>>331292632
that thing's pretty spooky
>>
>>331293315
FUCK DO I TAKE LANCE OR SPEAR GODDAMNIT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE HAD TO CHOOSE
>>
>>331300083
>dark serpant boss?
Kaathe?
>>
I have stayed spoiler-free and am expecting it to be somewhere between DaS1 and 2. It will be enjoyable and get a couple of replays out of me. I will participate in crafting OC for whatever meme characters /v/ latches on to.
>>
>>331300303
There's a dual spear that has a charge using both spears.
That one's probably gonna be dope.
>>
>>331292632
As with every single Souls game, its going to be an above average and generally enjoyable experience but with a handful of flaws.
>>
>>331300368
Holy fuck that sounds rad
Spears 4 life
>>
>>331300303
Spears also have a charge, its not as impressive visually but it effectively does the same thing hitting from the start of the attack to the end.
>>
>>331294559
>answering a question with a question
Please never be a writer
>>
>>331294187
DS3=BB>DES>DS>DS2
I'm hopeful
>>
>>331296442
anon, not the guy you were talking to, but holy shit fuck off.
Everyone knows axes are decent mainly for rolling r1 in pvp, particularly when buffed by broken catalyst curse weapon.
That said, all the rolling r1s share the SAME AOE, so it makes the most sense to simply use the weapon with the best PURE scaling, thats buffable. Crushing great axe is the only one that fits this bill.

>I have 50 monk headwraps because I realized this shit.
>>
>>331299039
Source on armour cant be upgraded?
>>
File: 1413735707164.jpg (30 KB, 298x403) Image search: [Google]
1413735707164.jpg
30 KB, 298x403
>>331301367
>having that much patience to sit through that fucking cutscene 50 times, and probably 60 more for all the people that died on the way up or disconnected
>>
>>331292745
what does this have to do with ANYTHING?
>>
>>331295342
"hurrr I dunno how damage is calculated"
"durr whats split damage?"
you've never pvp'd, anon.
>not pvping in a game whos INTRO shows black phantom invasions
>Not using your black sign to regain human form
>>
>>331292632
10/10 like BB was
>>
>>331292632
Hoping it will be good, expecting it to be mediocre, will play it anyways if it's shit.
>>
File: 1449792124464.jpg (62 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1449792124464.jpg
62 KB, 500x446
>>331301774
>waiting patiently for them to come all the way up past AAAAAALLLL those squid fuckers, then 1-shotting them with a rolling r1 before they even cross the fog wall.

to this day, I've never had as much fun standing around.

my hype just kept building while standing in that dusty room
>>
>>331301071
Holy shit this
I hope to god they can top BB.
>>
>>331302201
doesn't seem like they'll be able to pull it off with the weapons, though. We've seen the first four hours from a fuckload of different sources and the amount of new shit is very minimal.
>>
File: yyFxQJR.png (625 KB, 981x809) Image search: [Google]
yyFxQJR.png
625 KB, 981x809
Demon's souls> Bloodborne+dlc=Dark Souls+ DLC> Dark Souls > Bloodborne>>>>>Dark Souls 2
>>
The combat is strictly worse then BB from the videos and from my time with the network tests.

It could still be potentially better then DeS/DkS1 tho'.
>>
>>331301907
hownew.ru
>>
File: cduEcvS.png (314 KB, 263x641) Image search: [Google]
cduEcvS.png
314 KB, 263x641
>tfw no armor as cool as the elite knight set
>>
>>331302428
>>331294362
>>331294187

you're trying too hard to fit in with the DeS shill.
aggreed that DaS2 the worst in series though.
at this point the DeS meme is people trying very hard to pretend theyre "le oldfags" and failing.

I will ask you once.
what was your build/stats in DeS?
which enemy dropped pure bladestone
which 2 weapons ignored shield damage reduction
Which spell allowed running magic to be toggled?
who helps you against penetrator?
What boss comes directly after penetrator?
what prerequisite is necessary for white fog to lift from 1-2?
and finally, how many iframes are your rolls gimped by in water?
>>
>Is DaS3 going to be good?
This can be brought down to a simple question:
Did Bamco fire everyone at From and employ a new, actually competent team?
>Yes
Then DaS3 is going to be good
>No
Then DaS3 is going to suck

Simple as that.
>>
>>331302587
At least we have it back with glorious cloth physics!
>>
>>331302704
I will add to my post another question, whats the optimal way to increase drop rate?
>>
>>331302704
faith, Mirdan Hammer
black phantom dual katana skeleton
shotel (?), LSoM, Blind
never used that glitch
Biorr
False King Allant
kill an archdemon
>>
>>331302704
>posting retarded questions that anyone can look up online
>>
>>331302704

BBS icat luck/int
Black skel
Moon/Blind
You could toggle with any projectile projectile as a base? Looks like you didn't even know yourself.
Biorr.
Allant.
Archdemon kill.
BWT for drops.

Don't know about the water thing. Also, I know more than you.
>>
File: 6K7amO2.jpg (3 MB, 3449x6000) Image search: [Google]
6K7amO2.jpg
3 MB, 3449x6000
>>331302587
What the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?
>>
>>331303165

Shuttup chubs.
>>
>>331302704

>which enemy dropped pure bladestone

I literally tried to get the bladestone for 10 hours straight and still didn't get it and people on youtube got it in like 5 min.

>I will never platinum des cause of that shit.
>>
>>331302587
get out
>>
>>331302704

>DeS meme

fuck off faggot.
>>
>>331292632
If I'm being honest I haven't even looked too much into it.

I am confident that From will do a good job with this coming fresh of the heels of BB.

If they let BB influence the formula for DS it will be a good thing. The combat in DS could be a little more hectic and intense like in BB. They would be crazy not to learn from it.

Plus, if what they said is true, this is the last dark souls game. So they know they have to get it right.

Sometimes the third time really is the charm.

The only thing I see going wrong is that they have simply run themselves dry of anything imaginative and DS3 becomes an imitation of old From tropes with no confidence to try anything new.
>>
>>331292632
I think it will be the definitive Souls experience.
As in, 10 years later everyone will recommend playing Dark Souls 3, because it includes the best of all 4 games
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>331302704
"you have a heart of faggot, don't let them take it from you"
>>
>>331302704

>Shill
Shill doesn't mean "person you don't like" you fucking clown.

Demon's Souls is completely fucked on a gameplay level, but that doesn't change the fact that it has the best level design, atmosphere, and writing in the series by far. It doesn't bullshit you by hiding essential story infromation from you, it treats bosses as unique encounters instead of just ebin 1v1 encounters, and it doesn't have a neutered multiplayer with a shitty covenant system. Dark Souls was a downgrade in every single way except basic mechanical balance, and even then it's still a complete mess.
>>
>>331302885
Sorry, the answer was not "false king allant, but "blue dragon."
also you could not roll at all in water, you would only stagger, so the answer is ALL OF your iframes. you lose.

>>331303117
same with you fag.

the optimal way to toggle is with firespray, or any CONTINUOUS magic.

also you forgot about water stagger in the fucking swamp and blue dragon as well.

lastly for both of you, the answer to optimal grinding is to have 99 luck, large sword of searching, AND THEN black phantom/black world tendency.
THEN AFTER GRINDING HAVE A FRIEND SOULSUCK THOSE 99 LEVELS OUT OF YOU.

you guys suck
>>
I am more looking forward to jolly cooperation with my friend than anything
>>
>>331294914
Freja, spiderspawn of seeth in DS2
>>
>>331303563
>Doesnt have neutered multiplayer
>multiplayer is literally dead
>cant even invade in 1-1 with a lvl 1 scraping spear char.

pls anon, can you try any harder to fit in?
Or will you repost this convo to reddit while whining about getting ousted because you werent "le cool oldfag" enough
>>
>>331294836

>giant spider shoots fireballs
>okay
>giant spider shoots laser
>uninspired trash
>>
>>331292632

I'm very apprehensive about it since I haven't played BB.

I sunk over 1k hours into DeS when it was new as well as DS 1 + 2.
>>
>>331303570
> he thinks the blue dragon is a boss fight.
>>
File: 1450423507642.jpg (177 KB, 900x620) Image search: [Google]
1450423507642.jpg
177 KB, 900x620
>>331302704
>>331303570
Falseflag DES fags get BTFO by person who's actually played game
my sides, I knew you guys were fake tryhards
>>
>when ur bf asks for a bj and he been holdin his nut for 3 days.jpg
>>
>>331303570

No. You're wrong.

Any projectile that doesn't halt movement in startup can be used as a base for toggle. All the flamejets and soul arrows can be used just as fire spray is with different effects. You know basically nothing. Spray is just the best because it's so damn fast.

Tell me, what happens when you toggle a cloud?
How about HSA?

Let's see what you really know.
>>
>>331303852
>what is a boss soul
>what is a midboss
>what is a trick question the wiki wont give you the right answer for?

; ^ )

Bb=Das >= DeS>>>>>>>>> Das2
>>
>>331301774
>9/10 people never make it past the squid heads
>finally after an agonizing battle of attrition, one guy makes it through the fog
>I turn around and lock on and my homing soul mass OHKOs him
>>
>>331302116
Played through the game once and I rekt the faggot that invaded me, that was fun

I was just using the basic spear, I don't have time to sit around a read guides then play the game. Shit.
>>
>>331303997

I know more about DeS than anyone in this shithole and I still probably would have answered Allant.
>>
>>331303987
If you toggle a cloud, it becomes invisibru.
to hilarious effect

homing soul arrow is basically the same as any pursuing magic in any souls game, but it has a block break effect in des.

the fun shit is the talisman of beasts though, sonce you can cast with it even if you dont meet stat requirements, particularly curse weapon, since you gain all the be efits, but no detriments.
>>
So what does being an "Unkindled One" mean?
>>
File: 1298765084242.gif (3 MB, 250x160) Image search: [Google]
1298765084242.gif
3 MB, 250x160
>>331303997
> blue dragon midboss

and the three phantoms were regular enemies in your books?

fuck off loserd you got btfo
>>
>>331303741

Does your mom have to dress you every morning? Community size doesn't have any impact on the basic mechanics of multiplayer. You wanna know what Demon's Souls has? Two basic stones, plus a third one for dueling post game, and you get the first two almost immediately. Dark Souls doesn't let you invade at all early with the exception of the 4 cracked orbs, and it splits the multilayer community up needlessly with half assed covenant so, some of which don't even work (Darkmoon, Gravelord) and have to be leveled up through alternate means in order to make progress quickly. And it only became worse later in the series, with DS2 removing full orbs altogether and Bloodborne forcing you into unfair situations outside of the Nightmares.

I know you think Dark Souls is the best game evarrrr cause it's for mature hardcore players like you, but don't try to pretend that its shit doesn't stink.
>>
>>331304245

HSA sometimes becomes invisible when toggle cast.
Also, I know aboit ToB trick; I invented it.
>>
>>331304170
>not expecting a trick question on a loaded test
>furthermore not expecting it on a seemingly too easy question
it happens to us all anon.
sure. fucking. does.

>Tfw I explored all zones at pw and Pb tendency way way way back
>and made edits to the wiki pages you probably have used

Scirvir is a cunt, but everyone just remembers 2kat
>>
>>331304290
if its not a boss.....

why does it drop a BOSS SOUL?

: ^ )

also yes, all phantom type enemies are par the course/regular.
anyone fucking around with world tendency can tell ya that, faggot.
>>
>>331304327
>im the only one to try using a catalyst without the stats for one of its dual stat requirements
Try harder
>>
>>331304564

It doesn't drop a boss soul though. It drops a unique soul. It's an optional enemy in a mandatory area that drops a soul that can only be used for consuming.
>>
>>331304624

Before me nobody did it or it least used it in PvP.
>>
>>331304295
At least souls has a community still playing, unlike des, which is literally 0.

So there are literally no multiplayer mechanics, because theres no multiplayer.

>bet you think Das is blah blah blah

technically if we go pvp wise, it should look like this
>DeS>BB>Das>DaS2sotfs>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2

backstab meta brings Das lower than BB, which has so many broken weapons that its balanced. DeS EVERYTHING is broken therefore it is balanced. DaS2, Soul memory is broken, so its shit.

PVE
Das=BB>DeS>Das2sotfs>>>>>>>>>>DaS2

Its a fact the connected world was great and universally praised by everyone on this board at the time, as well as multitude of weapons.
>>
File: DCN-189782-HP-3423.jpg (259 KB, 1024x974) Image search: [Google]
DCN-189782-HP-3423.jpg
259 KB, 1024x974
>>331304564
I don't like your attitude, you're grounded for a week.
>>
>>331304989
Too bad she probably has a flat butt.
>>
>>331293125
>If you didn't like bloodborne you don't own a ps4 and never played it
Stop the sonygger mentality, ppl are allowed to not like things you like, I didn't think it was that great either compared to DaS and DeS
>>
>>331303570
>Sorry, the answer was not "false king allant, but "blue dragon."

Blue dragon isn't a boss.

>also you could not roll at all in water, you would only stagger, so the answer is ALL OF your iframes. you lose.

alright, haven't played it in years, I'll give you that one.

I would go and take pics of my platinum trophies (NA and EU) but I have no reason to prove that I've played the game.
>>
>>331302704
>trying this hard
>>
>>331304704
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/bosses

technically, flamelurkers soul doesnt do anything either, aside from hading it over to the blacksmith for meme weapon creation. does that make him not a boss?
>>
>>331292632
94% on pcgamer, 100 ign , people will argue about 360 button prompts, console textures, short (looking back at das2)
>>
>>331304983

A connected world doesn't mean shit if the levels themselves aren't interesting at all. The only good areas are the Undead Burg/Parish, Blighttown, and Ariamis, with the rest being mediocre at best. Demon's Souls may not have had a connected world, but its levels were more unique and organic than anything in Dark Souls. The only low point was 2-2 and maybe 4-2 on multiple playthroughs.
>>
>>331304704
Check the wiki, dragon is listed as a boss.
same in official guide
>>
>>331305262

But his soul does do something, because it's used in a quest line that's actually quite useful for most characters, unlike the dragon souls which only give more souls, which can also be acquired by grinding . You're also conveniently ignoring the fact that he's absolutely mandatory and drops an archstone upon death.
>>
>>331305393

I have the official guide in my hands right now. Archstone bosses are referred to as Major Demons, and the last bosses of their respective areas are Archdemons. The Red Dragon and Blue Dragon aren't referred to anything but their names, not even once.
>>
>>331305392
fuck the bearbugs they are insufferable until you get soulsuck.

4-2 is mandatory for grinding pure bladestone. personally, I found latria to not be as bad as people say it is probably because I had stormruler with me the whole time.

>undead parish(world 1), the kiln(great old one), new londo(world 3), lost izalith(world2 even has identical end boss), blighttown (world 5), Catacombs(world4-2), NOT being the EXACT SAME SHIT from DeS?
goddamn man.
>>
File: Old_King_Allant.jpg (77 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
Old_King_Allant.jpg
77 KB, 1200x674
>>331305947
>slayer of demons
>not slaying EVERY demon.
I make it a point to kill those fuckers every playthrough.
>>
File: 1454653532189.jpg (120 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
1454653532189.jpg
120 KB, 610x610
>>331292632
from what I've seen, it will be mediocre
won't top DS1, DS2 is just a shit game all around would be hard to not make a better game this time

so the game will probably fun, but won't last
>>
>>331305947
funny that the wiki has em listed under the boss section, huh?
or maybe you just like skipping optional bosses.
>>
>>331306575
>the FANMADE wiki
>official source
>>
>>331305392
Ash lake was cool as fuck faggot
>>
>>331306567
those weapon arts and neopoise are make or break.
this will go very well or verry veeerrrry bad.

at least the weapons will be high in quantity, and quality. i hope builds dont get crippled though.
>>
>>331306624
>still ignoring the fact that it drops a demon soul, and the game organizes it into the same group as the rest of the boss souls.

pls.
>>
>>331304989
>>331304290
>>331303852
>trying to derail the thread with women
Are you 14?
>>
>>331306849
and too young to have enjoyed DeS in its prime, id bet.
hohoho, a tryhard trying too hard to fit in gets ousted again!
>>
>>331294087
I like that, despite having no first-hand experience of the topic, you feel confident in wieghing-in on it anyway.
>>
>>331306816
>no boss health bar
>no music
>optional and located within another bosses stage
>no archstone upon defeat
>no DEMON WAS DESTROYED text

Not a boss.
>>
I need to stop looking at these threads l keep almost buying a console to play souls on
>>
>>331292883
Lmao found the dude who's car was crashed into
>>
>>331306324

None of those comparisons work outside of the very first one, which is quite fitting because they both have great design and ease the player into the world they're about to enter.

The Kiln and Great Old One are only similar in that they're corridors to the ending. The aesthetic, progression, and tone are vastly different.

Lost Izalith is only similar to Stonefang in the fact that it's the "lava level" of its respective game. Izalith is an illogical series of fantasy Dravidian ruins, while Stonefang is a comparatively realistic ore mining site with a temple at the very end, and a proper sense of flow.

New Londo is nothing like Latria, I don't know how you reached that conclusion.

Blighttown is definitely another attempt at VoD, but it's a worse experience overall. Not bad by any means though.

Catacombs shits in 4-2. They're other spooky skeleton level since, but Catacombs is very intricately designed while 4-2 has the dishonor of being the only non-3 level with no shortcut or alternate path.
>>
>>331292632
Better than Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne.

I'm expecting a real souls game again with replayability and a not broken online component.
>>
>>331307062
why dont you remove the dragons from the wiki page then? gotta change that mistake, right?

better also alter the hex code so that dragons souls arent mixed up with the OTHER, ACTUAL boss souls, amiright?
>>
>>331307286
lost izalith literally has the same end boss.
bed of chaos=really shitty version of dragon god.
new lond is like latria in that A. narrow walkways everywhere, and B. darkwraiths soulsuck you very similarly to how octodads drain your life on stun.
>>
>>331297675
D'awww
>>
If they take cues from DS1, it'll be shit, if they take cues from DS2 it will be good and BB will be mediocre.
>>
>>331303997
>Bb=Das >= DeS>>>>>>>>> Das2
This guy's right
>>
>>331308940
bb was shit.
>>
File: disappointed mouse.jpg (155 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
disappointed mouse.jpg
155 KB, 700x714
At best it will be on par with Bloodborne, at worst it will be worst that Dark Souls 2.

I do not see any middle ground based upon the kinda shit we've seen in previews.

Honestly, DS3 looks like shit. Pandering, busted garbage that is nothing but reused assets and half assed attempts at a conclusion by a man who refuses to write a coherrent narrative.
>>
>>331295342
that's not blessed mirdane hammer +5
>>
File: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>331309181
>worst that Dark Souls 2
No way, not fucking happening. First 3 location already blow the fuck out entirety of DS2 and Vordt is a much better first non-tutorial boss than any early DS2 boss.
>>
>>331309090
Fuck you, BB was DeS2
>>331308923
>someone either baiting hard or deluded enough from pc posters to actually believe this trash
>>
>>331309415
>BB was DeS2

You wish.

Dark Souls 3 so far looks like it will be Demons Souls 2
>>
>>331309090
timestamped pic of your game+ps4+psn profile.
>>
>>331309496
twist demons souls plot combine with dark souls series? DeS being canon to DaS?
Doesnt DeS make reference to the "soul arts war" or something?
>>
>>331293315
>weapon art extends the charge

Man, I don't even use lances but that is pretty cool.
>>
>>331309676
I'm talking about in terms of gameplay.

Dark Souls 3 plays and feels a lot like Demons Souls.

There are also some mechanics like the mana bar.
>>
>>331309317
See there you go; hyperbole due to excitement for mediocrity. The first 3 location are straight outta Yharnam
>>
>>331296014
Did you pull the leaver? I did.

2000 HP vanished before my eyes, like a magic trick!
>>
>>331309759
Doesnt change the fact that Bb relied on huperarmor out the ass like DeS,
or the umbasa quote they later removed.
also, rolls shared the same iframe tendency as DeS, along with weapon drift.
>>
>>331309957
>Doesnt change the fact that Bb relied on huperarmor out the ass like DeS,

There's also hyperarmor on some of the moves in Dark Souls 3.

>or the umbasa quote they later remove

That quote was retarded and didn't make any sense.

The movement and controls in DaS3 is the closest we will problably get to Demons Souls.

If they don't fuck up the multiplayer and invasions like in the last two games, we will get a great "spiritual" sequel to Demons.
>>
>>331307216
Underrated post
>>
>>331292632
I think it will be great but soulsfags are little bitches that cry and complain about everything. That and nintendoGaf will join the hate bandwagon since they have the only system not geting this game :^)
>>
>>331293315
this seems a bit too op for my liking. even something like the rifle spear was too op in pve in bloodborne, since you could just one shot charge everything
>>
>redditors literally pretend to be excited for the annual meme souls game that is almost identical to last year's version

and then these people bitch about sports games and call of duties

smdh tbqhwy
>>
>>331295817
>90 base damage, making the scaling effectively the same in the end as other weapons
Base damage doesn't matter for scaling in DeS
>>
>>331293315

That's some bullshit range
>>
>>331302704
>which 2 weapons ignored shield damage reduction
There were three
>>
>>331295201

Dat Bayo 2 influence
>>
Considering all of the games are pretty awful, I'm guessing this one will be too.
>>
>>331292632
Mediocre, almost everything looks recycled. Nothing seems new
>>
I'm replaying Dark Souls right now. I really don't understand why so many people put it on such a high pedestal. It is a good game and all. I don't think it's as miraculous as some people portray it to be. I'm having fun though.
>>
>>331304983

>Soul memory is broken, so its shit

DaS should be lowest then since INVASION FAILED and half the covenants not working.
>>
>>331314191
>replaying
>good
>fun
>I don't get why anyone would praise it

this is some kind of next level stupid
>>
>>331309317
>bashes DS2 for having too many bosses that are "dudes in armor"
>DS3 boss he praised is gorilla in armor
>gameplaywise nothing different

I hope you're hyped enough to actually kill yourself when DS3 dissapoints you.
>>
>>331294125
Total annihilation's no fun though, it's not like you've had to personally sit and watch the entire time, jerk. Now the dragons win, unless they're already extinct
>>
File: Maldron the Assassin.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Maldron the Assassin.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>331296014
>>
>>331315427

Funniest thing is DaS2 has 42% of bosses as men in armor and DaS1 has 39%.
>>
>>331292632
I don't care I want Bloodborne 2.
Or something new.
C'mon FromSoft, surprise me !
>>
>>331315427
Where i was bashing DS2 bosses because they are humanoids, degenerate?
They are shit bosses, humanoids or no.
>>
File: 1431782395009.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431782395009.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>331315601
I sure hope there's a way of disabling the white phantom effect without the use of a ring in DaS3.
>>
Good, I even liked DSII. These games are kinda the only games I find fun anymore
>>
>>331315758
It's the only argument there is to bash DS2 bosses over DaS1 bosses.
Also, you were speaking of early bosses which in DS2 are admittedly mostly humanoid.
>>
>>331300303
Lances and Spears are godtier souls weapons.

I speared DS1, lanced DS2. I might continue with a lance build for DS3.
>>
>>331315679
funny thing is DaS had 26 bosses with DLC and DaS 2 had 41. In DaS there were 5 dudes in armour, 9 if you want to count in 4kings, 10 if you want to count in Iron Golem as a dude in armour, 11 if you also count in Gwyndolin even though he's neither a full dude nor wearing armour.

DaS 2 had 18 of them, 20 if you want to count in the 2 Smelter demons, 23 if you want to count in Skeleton Lords, 24 if you want to count in Lost Sinner (who's not wearing armour), 25 if throwing in Prowling Magus (who is again not wearing armour), 26 if you count in Elana summoning Velsdadt (which is a stretch).
>>
>>331316248
>It's the only argument there
then you're blind or have a highly selective memory
in both cases, fuck off
>>
>>331294362
I honestly didn't like DeS or BB at all, because the PS3 controller sucks monkey dick, and I didn't really want to drop another $60 to get a weird modded controller that might be half decent.
>>
>>331316248
>Also, you were speaking of early bosses which in DS2 are admittedly mostly humanoid.
They are also an utter trash which is completely unrelated to them being humanoids.
>>
>>331316627

>26

What? What's your list?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.