[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is exploration in this game like Zelda/Dark Souls or like FarCry/Witcher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x.png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x.png
939 KB, 1000x500
Is exploration in this game like Zelda/Dark Souls or like FarCry/Witcher 3?
>>
More like Just Cause 2/3 but in actually interesting and with a thoughtfully designed world.
It is the best part of the game and its star.
>>
File: 1456679622943.jpg (34 KB, 393x321) Image search: [Google]
1456679622943.jpg
34 KB, 393x321
If you have a Wii U, get it. Simple as that.
>>
>>331291797
It's pretty unique in term of level design because the verticality and the scale of the world are fucking incredible (I don't know a game with the same scale). Every time you explore the world, you have to watch carefully around you to find a way to go to the desired location and just for that, the sense of exploration is really well done.
>>
Yeah, the world is huge and pretty interesting to explore. My only issue is with the combat, the auto-attacks with hotkeys got tiresome after a while.

If you don't mind that style of game or are open to it, then yeah I'd recommend the game.
>>
>>331291797
There are very few movement upgrades in the game
First you get your giant robot, which gives you a much higher jump (and DK style roll jumping) and lets you get to some new areas
Then you get flight and can get to the few areas that are left.
But about 90% of the game world is available on foot right away, you just have to get there.

Areas are mostly "blocked off" just by having tough enemies patrolling them
If you're stealthy, you can sneak into late game areas early.

And there's a lot to find.
Not only are there treasures everywhere, but there's also plenty of unique optional boss type enemies to challenge, probe sites to add to your network for resource gathering, and quest starting points.
>>
>tfw I left it on for a month without playing it because I forgot
>come back with loads of money
Well that was a nice offset to my energy bill.
>>
File: 305.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
305.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>331291797
Something ways better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk
>>
>>331291797
The world is great.

The only good part of this piece of shit of a game.
>>
>>331295006
You cannot go afk in this game and earn money. Stop lying.
>>
>>331296675
Well I'm confused then.
>>
>>331291797
It's a unique and huge world that has tons of shit to explore
it's a shame the combat system got ruined, it was much better in the first xenoblade
>>
File: Bait.jpg (90 KB, 802x376) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
90 KB, 802x376
>>331296808
>it's a shame the combat system got ruined, it was much better in the first xenoblade
>>
>>331296882
It really was, senpai
all the weird shit like removing chain attacks, soul voices, removing healing arts, and no tension just felt like a step down
>>
File: GO ON.png (535 KB, 1006x957) Image search: [Google]
GO ON.png
535 KB, 1006x957
>>331297005
>removing soul voices, healing arts, and tension
>>
It's like singleplayer WoW

>Wander around world on foot, world is separated into different zones with varying overall themes such as jungle, snow, desert, etc
>Combat is hotbar and cooldown based
>Curse your teammates for being incompetent as fuck at clutch moments
>Go into high level areas early, get rekt
>Try to fight giant wandering enemy, get rekt
>Have giant wandering enemy sneak up behind you while you fight shit your own level, get rekt
>Find and unlock fast travel points
>Keep playing until you get your mount, then your flying mount
>Grind forever to get a minor stat boosts
>Undertake quests to fetch people 8 bug livers
>Deal with brutish-but-honorable alien species that live by a warrior code
>Grind the same missions over and over again
>Do some raids

Obviously there are a few differences, but for the most part it felt exactly like I was playing WoW again only without any other people wandering around.
>>
File: 306.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
306.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>331297005
What? There's a handful of arts that can heal if memory serves correct, and soul voices basically make combat into fast paced offensive defense since they heal the party. Chain attacks were cool, but ultimately slowed down gameplay while overdrive speeds it up. Not to mention the insane accuracy system in Chronicles and the way Shulk's prophecies were handled level wise.

Skell combat is simple to a fault, but on foot is great other than that buffs, debuffs, and status effects like topple could be highlighted better.
>>
File: 304.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
304.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
The jump mechanics from this game make it the best jrpg gameplay wise. Why the fuck are the moonjumps so fucking satisfying?!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.