[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S.T.A.L.K.E.R General/Tips and advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: stalker.jpg (11 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
11 KB, 284x177
OK so i just downloaded S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl and i am also downloading the other 2 standalone expansions. As a guy who's only fps games are TF2 and CSGO what do i need to know? What am i getting myself into?

You guys hyped me up for it so tell me why you think its a good game

Also S.T.A.L.K.E.R General Thread
Thanks in advance
>>
play lost alpha
ignore everything else
>>
>>331288271
whats lost alpha?
>>
>>331288338
google it
>>
Pistols are very inaccurate and have a max bullet range of 50 meters.

Always stay still and crouch or low-crouch to shoot. Fire in single-shots or short bursts only. Recoil and stance greatly affect your accuracy.

Using iron sights does not guarantee accurate shots, in fact it hardly affects accuracy.

Body shots are worthless, always aim for the head.

Lost Alpha is a fucking terrible mod with empty levels and dumb cutscenes, do not waste your time with it under any circusmtances.
>>
>>331288538
so the shooting is like a harder more realistic version of cs go?
>>
>>331288624
Is this bait?
Why don't you play the fucking game and find out for yourself?
>>
>>331288760
its 99.8% done downloading
im just getting hyped for it
and i have literally no idea what this game is about so im going in completely blind to everything. I dont even know what genre thing game game is
>>
you should probably play a few hours of vanilla first. more than likely you'll get killed at the first bandit house and run back here to post a buyers remorse or /v/v tricked me into buying this thread like everyone else who gave up did.

i hope you stay with it though, stalker is a very fun series.
>>
>>331288876
There is a 99.8% probability that you will hate this game, so don't sweat it
>>
>>331288958
im not THAT casual
i milk the fuck out of every game i buy
if it comes down to it ill download a trainer or find some other cheats but i WILL play it for at least 10 hours
>>
>>331288172
Only play on master difficulty
>>
>>331289252
this, it makes enemies less bullet-spongey
>>
>>331289292
wait what?
so its harder on easy then it is on master?
>>
>>331288172
aim for the head.
>>
why do faggots like you make threads while installing a game asking what you're getting into or what you need to know about the game?

just play the fucking game
>>
>>331288958
This. You'll die, OP.
>>
>>331289343
you die easier but so does everything else
>>
>>331288172
Wouldn't mod the games for my first playthrough
Try not to spoil yourself by reading about the game
I'd say learn the mechanics as fast as possible but you won't get beyond Garbage unless you do so I guess just keep playing if you are stuck and have fun
>>
>>331289364
i want to know what im in for before getting rekt
so that i at least know something about it
and you guys are seemingly the experts
>>
>>331289428
I can't fucking stand people like you

what happened to just playing fucking games

jesus christ
>>
>>331289502
Damn dude calm down.The guy is just asking for tips.
>>
>>331289502
Dang cool it
>>
>>331289502
such a lust for revenge??
>>
>>331289664
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
The first time I played this game I hated it because I was expecting it to be some post-apocalyptic Call of Duty. I rage quit in the first camp raid.
If you're having a hard time just use the quick save (F5), there is no shame in that.

You will get hang of the combat in a few hours (of course, if you haven't uninstalled the game by then).
>>
>>331288271
>lost alpha
NO OP DONT!
>>
also, there is a stalker general thread on /vg/, probably going to get much more honest and straight answers than a bunch of neo-/v/ fags
>>
File: 1455660547803.png (368 KB, 664x606) Image search: [Google]
1455660547803.png
368 KB, 664x606
>Own SoC
>Like it
>I wanna progress
>tfw i dont and instead i play other games
>>
>>331289886
such a funny guy

Lost Alpha is actually pretty good, I liked it more than Clear Sky overall to be honest

Obvioulsy it's no SoC or CoP, but it's more than worth playing as another STALKER spinoff, especially being free
>>
>>331290616
but it's obviously fucking ridiculous to recommend it at the expense of SoC or CoP/say ignore everything else
>>
>>331288172
Only one tip from me: quicksave EVERY. TWO. SECONDS.

Oh yeah, the first mission you get is a huge casual filter.

This one is my personal opinion, but as some anons suggest you should play the game without mods first. It's up to you, however.
>>
>>331290728
oh of course

SoC, then CoP, then Clear Sky, then Lost Alpha
>>
>>331290616
I also like LA.
The NPCs and overrall world maybe not as good as the other games, but the atmosphere is amazing.
It's worth it just for wander around.

>>331290728
The first post ITT was obviously baiting to piss off spergs like you.
>>
File: 1454491659945.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1454491659945.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1040
>>331289428
For sure, probably play through the game once,on master since it pretty much evens the playing field.

Be prepared for not being able to repair weapons so scavenge what you can off of enemies in the field. Stick to two main guns and a pistol, or just the two guns. I personally roll with an Obakan for much of the early and midgame until I get to the Military Warehouses where I pick up and use a SIG for the rest of the game. Hunting Shotgun/Spas will be your best friend against mutants.

Artifacts can be powerful but often have negatives to them so study them and see if you can offset radiation.

You don't have to go full autism, but just take your time and immerse yourself with the zone, your fellow stalkers. Bandits will shoot you on sight though, so always watch out for/kill those fuckers.

Oh yeah, when the game prompts you to leave Pripyat and attack the Chernobyl NPP, that's your last chance to go back and finish up loose ends. Once you begin the assault you're stuck there. Mods usually add free play once you clear the game.

As for mods, I've played several most of them meh. AMK is always good as well as Zone of Alienation. I'm liking Autumn Aurora.

Good hunting Stalker.
>>
>>331291008
now you've achieved your goal, OP: having most of the experience/game ruined for you.
>>
>>331288172
Play on Master difficulty, not because of LOL SO HARDCORE but because it makes enemies not bullet sponges
>>
>>331291008
>Hunting Shotgun/Spas will be your best friend against mutants
THIS
Always carry a shotgun.
Trying to kill mutants with an assault rifle is just waste of ammo.
>>
>>331288172
quicksave
you wont hit anything, so git gud
beware of bugs/glitches
quicksave again
see a dog, kill it immidiatly, stay away from dogs
you'll probly get raped by everything
if it moves kill it
quicksave just to make sure.
>>
>>331289343
play on veteran
master is more strategic and faster killing
veteran is more forgiving if you are new
>>
Just raided the first bandit camp alone
fucking hell this game is awesome
thanks guys
>>
>>331292085
Enjoy dude.
>>
File: stalker dance.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
stalker dance.gif
2 MB, 640x360
Hey guys, Im playing OGSE and after clearing agroprom and walking to the entrance of the underground lab, the manhole is closed. Is this a bug or do you have to enter from somewhere else on this mod?
>>
is there a mod the fixes the accuracy?
>>
>>331293208
What's wrong with the accuracy?
>>
>>331293243
i can't shoot shit
>>
>>331293208
almost any mod fixes it
>>
>>331293187
Don't you need to wait for a NPC (I don't remember which) to be by the side of the manhole so you could enter?
He will talk to you and then the manhole will open.
>>
>>331293271
try the git gud mod
>>
>>331293353
Yeah, I followed him and got the mission updated after talking to him (He tells you about streloks hideout) but the hole remains closed...
>>
>>331292085
You'll notice that bullets in the game have trajectory and doesn't hit targets in an instant. You'll want to adjust your shooting, especially when you encounter stuff like rifles.
Anyway, enjoy the game.
>>
>>331293432
Hum, I'm not sure if this is a mod thing or just a game glitch.
Glitching missions are not rare in this game.

I remember this happening to me once in the vanilla, I think I solved it by killing some guy that I left alive in the agroprom institute.
>>
I remeber playing this game when I was younger, I liked it, a few years ago I tried to play it again and I just couldn't, enemies are extremely spongy, no stealth whatsoever, hit one enemy every and everyone automatically knows where you are, weapons are painfully inacurate, I just couldn't get into it.
>>
>>331293662
Yeah, it wouldnt surprise me...
Will fuck around see if I can get it to open.
>>
>play SoC peridocially for years, never get all that far
>stupid handgun "realism"
>hardest difficulty is actually the easiest
>waddle like a fucking duck when you're walking
>finally get far enough to get a decent AK with a good scope
>suddenly the game is even easier

It's not terrible but I don't understand the hype for STALKER.
>>
>>331293785
>no stealth whatsoever
I don't care about the rest, but is there any mod that fixes the stealth?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.