[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it me or is this game bad? no one ever shuts the fuck up,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: dragon's dogma.jpg (8 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
dragon's dogma.jpg
8 KB, 239x211
is it me or is this game bad?

no one ever shuts the fuck up, there are enemies every five feet, and there's always something that breaks immersion. should I keep going? I'm two and a half hours in
>>
File: MERCEDES.png (223 KB, 300x361) Image search: [Google]
MERCEDES.png
223 KB, 300x361
OP here, forgot to mention how bad combat fucking sucks, am I supposed to do something other than button mash? because if so it doesn't feel like it. I mean at least mercedes is cute but otherwise it sucks
>>
>>331280486
>OP here

We know.
>>
>>331280049
Nah just drop it. Although if you want some squeeze a little bit more entertainment out of it, go to /vg/ and say you are hiring pawns. Hire their pawns and then send them back with all 1 star ratings. Watch the butthurt.
>>
>>331280049
If you don't like it you're not going to.
I got about 50 hours in but it just became too much for me to play when I just wanted to go to the island.
>>
the sad thing is I really want to enjoy it. When I bought it the cashier rave about it and said it was the best, like dark souls plus skyrim. does it get better?
>>
>>331281106
good advice, I guess I'll just move on. at least I didn't spend too much money on it
>>
>>331280049
>>331280486
I kept warning you fags about the Capcom marketers but none of you listened. For fuck's rake you should have known something was up when there were a million LE GET HYPE XD threads over the FREAKING PRELOADER! GOD /V/ HOW CAN YOU BE SO DAMN DENSE ALL THE TIME?!
>>
It's an ok game. Nothing special though. Fucking bullshit how they limit your equipped skills though.
>>
>>331281414
I'm sorry ron paul i'll always listen to you from now on
>>
>>331281414
>?!

sup reddit
>>
>>331281731
Hahahaha so original man! Just kidding kill yourself newfag.
>>
>>331281414
I liked the game though.
>>
>>331281414
Hello OP here.
I agree with your hot opinion. Capcom shills are everywhere just like Nintendo and Sony. You shouldnt buy any product from any of those companies. By the way did I mention Star Wars Battlefront is currently pretty cheap and worth a look?
>>
>>331281870
why
>>
It's a pretty good game once you get far enough. I didn't see why the game warranted so much praise at first but once I started getting to the higher levels and better equipment/skills, the game became exponentially more fun. It really does get a lot better the farther you get into it. Not meme-ing or anything, the best content is after the game's main story quest. If I were you I'd continue playing on a little more and see if it "syncs" with you.
>>
no it's not just you, the only redeemable thing about the game is the combat and it gets pretty stale before the game ever ends

to be fair though the DLC stuff is a lot better than the main game
>>
>>331282423
111 hours played here, This is a lie. I could not bring myself to do anything more than once. I beat damion 2.0 and just put the game down forever. Still fun though. Just not more fun at higher levels.
>>
File: dragons blunder.png (154 KB, 879x320) Image search: [Google]
dragons blunder.png
154 KB, 879x320
So, this is pretty much a flop right? People have said for years now that it would sell like crazy on pc, and yet...

>is an open world action rpg with only 200k sales after more than a month, not even a full price title and almost anyone can run it
>overall sales and attention are less than indie titles
>nobody is making meaningful mods for it
>under 20 viewers on twitch at all times
>PC souls fans don't even care to give it a look
>no surge of fanart or discussion
>most actual discussion has already died down even on /v/
>still largely irrelevant and yet again, nobody outside really even cares or knows it exists
>capcom damage controlling to make it look like the port wasn't a mistake
>>
>>331280049
>is it me or is this game bad?
It's just you and your shittaste
>>
>>331280049
>he fell for the DD meme
ayylmao, its a very mediocre game, essentially skyrim hipster edition

>>331280486
she is not even that cute, her ingame model is crap, just like all the others
>>
>>331282787
okay, explain how it's good then pls
>>
>>331282668

I don't see how it's a lie. At higher levels, you can get to level 3 BBI and actually face some of the tougher enemies without being turned into mincemeat. You're right though, it does plateau to some degree. After around level 100, you probably have already done most of the game's content.
>>
File: 1453787337685.png (169 KB, 756x564) Image search: [Google]
1453787337685.png
169 KB, 756x564
>>
File: 1343566454.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1343566454.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>331283125
>review one game
>vaguely mention flaws
>finishes review with DaS2 fangasm
>>
>>331280049

I wouldn't call it bad, but i didn't like it either. It felt tedious, boring and borderline annoying. I feel like this is one of those games that suffer very badly from "world too big syndrome".

I played until the quest where you have to hunt a Griffin, which is probably very early in the game and, the part where you fight the griffin, you put bait down, you wait for it and you fight him with the soldiers, all that is great.

The game really shines when you fight a big monster, but then, the Griffin leaves and you have to go to it's nest and uh oh, it's all the way over fucking there on the other side of the map. It probably took me at least 30 minutes to get halfway there because problem number 1, the stamina bar depletes really fucking fast when you run and every time you sprint a short distance, you have to stop to wait for it to refill, rinse and repeat. And problem number 2, you have to stop to fight enemies on the way, half the way there i fought like a million direwolves and they just kept coming, eventually i gave up and ran away from them and then i got one shot by an archer, and since you have to manually save and i forgot to save, it sent me back like 40 minutes. So i turned the game off and never played it again.
>>
>>331283125
>fast travel is fine as long as you place crystals correctly
>can turn off pawn speech
>immersion fags dont know how to have fun
>decent point
>blanket term, no clue what hes talking about
>mildly valid
>agree enemy variety is rather small but not enough to be a negative
>keyboard controls work great fuck him
>>
File: 1456793535431.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1456793535431.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>331280049
>muh immersion

Fucking faggot. If you can't have fun without immersion, stop playing video games and get another hobby, you little bitch.

Holy shit on second thought kill yourself already
>>
>>331283423
I was interested in buying it too but some of the downsides are pretty significant for me
that last example you gave puts me off
I don't have the patience for tedious shit like that.
And I assume it happens a lot from what I've seen of the game.
>>
>>331283719
Immersion IS fun. It's literally what happens when you have fun in any game.
>>
It's pretty mediocre but the game concept has terrific potential and a properly executed sequel could be GOAT.
>>
it's a very flawed game with obvious cut content everywhere but still manages to be a good game somehow
>>
the set pieces, combat, and world were much better than anything in a bethesda game (as was the story in my opinion) so I gave it a lot of leeway in things that annoyed me (too many enounters/leveling up in different classes gives you different stats so you have to build your character instead of just saying "I want to be a mage" if you have appropriate gear)

I put the game down several times before playing it all the way through and it was worth it in my opinion. One of the better experiences of last generation.
>>
Most reviewers in 2012 gave it a 7ish score if I remember right.
It was never a mainstream game.

The people who have good taste and love it just love it very loudly.
>>
>>331284007
Not that Anon, but no wonder you can't have fun when you remember you're you. You sound like the biggest artsy tool I have ever met.
>>
>>331285532
>hurf durf Ima fag

Did you reply to the right post, fag?
>>
File: 1421190186951.png (249 KB, 400x408) Image search: [Google]
1421190186951.png
249 KB, 400x408
Everything the game does flawlessly it does in Bitterblack Isle. Which is a shame, considering you need to be lvl 100 to play through it twice as intended. The level design, sound design, enemy design, new mechanics and gear, plot and characters are all very good, especially by japanese ARPG standard

The base game falls a bit flat in comparison when every quest has egregious travel time for the first portions of the game, and the enemy and level design suffers due to the large open world design

the best moments of the game are where there are small, isolated dungeons and areas, and the themes of those areas shines (everfall, bluemoon tower, dragon fight, BBI, etc)

basically, just make the world design more akin to dark souls in that the levels are designed in a modular sense then blended together with logical transitions, creating small, more focused experiences as opposed to washed out ones
>>
>>331286057
It's really clear, I think that a lot of the main issues with the game came from a combination of inexperience with open world design and budget/time constraints.
>>
>it's another hurf durf DDogma was bad! Thread

I knew there would be backlash from everyone being so excited about it. Kind of funny to see bitch niggas trying to talk about its sales when it's a 4 year old RPG from a generation back.

Dragons Dogma is great but isn't for everyone. I couldn't get into it on consoles, but playing on PC was a fucking dream, really great feel. It's just a shame the great gameplay and.combat system is followed up with a hacked to peices story and unpolished overall design because they ran out of money and cut content.

>tfw never the moon
>>
I really enjoyed the game. The combat is bland at first, but once you multi-class and gain more abilities, it becomes one of the best combat systems I've ever seen in an action RPG. I just wish the climbing mechanic worked better.
>>
>there are people on /v/ who actually wanted Deep Down to be canned and recycled into a Dragon's Dogma sequel

Fuckin' homos.
>>
>>331287539
This, plus the engine they used was NOT suited to open world at all. It's frankly a.miracle they got done what they did
>>
>>331287862
>down deep

...you mean that 2 Minute trailer we saw 3 years ago and then nothing ever again?
>>
>>331283423
This, so many times this.
Fighting big monsters is kind of fun, but the marathon runs across the world with random goblins, wolves, and bandits every few feet quickly got annoying.

The game reminded me of Kingdoms of Amalur in that they're both basically the definition of average.
>>
>>331287950
We got 25 minutes of "gameplay" (Though it was clear it wasn't running on a PS4). It didn't look like it would set the world on fire, but it looked a shitton more interesting mechanically than Dragon's Dogma.
>>
File: bandofthefuckgriffith.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bandofthefuckgriffith.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
>>331280049
It's certainly not perfect, but I'll tell you exactly where the game excels: boss fights.

AND BOY OH BOY
That Dragon boss fight is elder god tier good.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.