[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does /v/ use these restrictor plates on their fight sticks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
does /v/ use these restrictor plates on their fight sticks?

i'm trying to become good at SF and doing research to get gud. goo tech says i cant win without the proper hardware
>>
>>331274448
fight sticks are for jerks
>>
>>331274448
>listening to jewtechs
just go get any stick with square gate
>>
>>331275816
mine has the sqaure gate. i just want a opinion
>>
>>331274448
>>331276020
I just watched some poorly filmed youtube video on the subject
square gates sound best
>>
I wanna put my dick innit
>>
>>331275816
>>331276020
>>331276087
square gate is good for charge characters, you can use it for other characters but octagonal is better
>>
>>331274448
Is this a piece of a beyblade?
>>
>>331274448
I personally prefer the octagon gate, but what you use is all up to what you feel most comfortable using. Playing on stick won't magically make you better.
>>
>>331276020
that particular gate is designed for use with a specific sanwa part, you may not be able to use it on your stick
>>
Watch the evo finals where French player Luffy won the finals with a ps1 pad...

A stick doesn't make you better. Play with you enjoy
>>
>>331274448
>Fight Sticks

Just play with what feels natural to you.

Some people grew up with playing in the arcade, so they like the fight stick.

Some people like a gamepad since they grew up with that.

The controller doesn't make you better, what determines how bad you're gonna slap your opponents shit is your skill that comes from practice.
>>
>>331274448
Nigga are you tryin to build a beyblade without a bit beast?
>>
>>331276793
>>331276989

stick helped me out playing SF while i use pad on MK
>>
>>331274448 (OP)
Just try using a square and an octo gate
It all comes down to personal preference imo
I use a Hori Hayabusa stick and a Kowal octo gate and prefer it to a square gate
>>
>>331274448
Square gate for the win.
>>
Just stick with square gate. It gives you the biggest areas for each direction and it's the standard so most arcade machines or loaner sticks you play on will be square gate.
>>
>>331274448
Senwa octagonal gate
>>
square gates also make it easier to take advantage of input leniency
>>
>>331276315
ignore this guy square gate is outright the best
>>
File: octagon_gate.png (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
octagon_gate.png
13 KB, 225x225
I use an octagonal gate

Square gates are probably better in the long run though
>>
>>331276318
seems to be yea
>>
>>331274448
personal preference, i'm casual and so are my friends, we grew up with arcade machines in the states that didn't have corners so it just feels better to us.
>>
square gate for life unless you are playing very specific games
>>
>>331277753
it literally doesnt matter, the only thing a square gate is useful for is for charge shit and even then a octo gate is just a matter of getting used to the charges on that shit

either way it literally doesnt matter what you fucking use, wether its a ps1 d-pad, arcade stick with square or ecto gate, or even the fucking shitty 360 pad
>>
>>331278283
Square gates are best gates.
>>
>>331278395
this is bait
>>
>>331274448
do yourself a favor and go to a fighting game forum to find out what they say. /v/ is filled with morons and liars
>>
File: MvC.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
MvC.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>own an MvC2 fightstick that I haven't touched in years (pic related)
>since SFV came out, I figured I might as well start doing some mods, including getting it working on PS4
>have to end up buying a breakaway USB cable and a Brook 360 to PS4 converter
>the USB cable doesn't work
>can't test the converter with the fightstick, and works only with wired controllers

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG /v/
>>
>>331278527
its not bait its facts

octo gate is only good for like robotron, ikari warriors, smash tv and walky stuff.
fighters are all sugoi on a square gate
>>
>>331278836
fuck off, thats bullshit and you know it
>>
>>331274448
ayyy the gtx-y 8gate. I have that badboy in my stick and have loved it ever since.

Square gates just gtfo
>>
>>331278836
This is bait
>>
>>331274448
Thought this shit was from a Beyblade
>>
>>331276793
Louffy was also a massive fluke who only won won major due to lack of matchup knowledge and lost the rest afterwards.
Smug or Snake Eyez would have been more acceptable answers
>>
On paper an octagonal restrictor sounds like the superior solution but because the octagon itself is smaller than the square, it's much worse.

If someone created a restrictor that was as large as possible, it would be the best.

Id say dont use one at all because restrictorless feels amazing but its also a good way to wear down your JLF quickly
>>
File: IMG_20160313_202450[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_202450[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Found an old jewlery box at a thrift store last weekend. Been itching to make my own stick and I think this might be the catalyst.

Already did all the measurement, and it's deep enough. I'm just worried that it might be too long. Paper is printed to 100% accuracy btw.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.