[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your top 5 hardest souls or bloodborne bosses in my opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
Whats your top 5 hardest souls or bloodborne bosses in my opinion it's
Gywn
Ludwig
Laurence
Ornstein and Smough
Maneaters
>>
I found the Orphan of Kos to be harder than Laurence.
>>
orphan
2cat
o&s
fume knight
manus maybe
>>
>>331269703
Hmm haven't fought him yet Laurence is still kicking my ass
>>
Legit challenging bosses?
>Ornstein & Smough
>Fume Knight
>Alonne
>False King Allant
>Velstatd

Bullshit bosses?
>Ruin Sentries
>DS2 Gargoyles
>Smelter Demon, pick one
>Lud & Zallen
>Elana
>>
Change Ludwig and Laurence for Ebrietas, Orphan of Kos or Darklurker.

Laurence is just a glorified Cleric beast
>>
>>331269346
>Gwyn
>>
Manus is both the hardest and best fight.
>>
>Ornstein and Smough
This until I learned the dung pie technique, then they were pretty laughable.

I always have trouble with the gargoyles, but I tend to get to them pretty early so I think it's a level thing.
>>
>>331270532
Laurence first half of the fight is pretty easy and similar to Cleric beat,but his second half is pure hell,you can only attack him from the front,all of his attacks are heavy and leaves you no room for an opening attack.Ludwig was just pure hell for me his unpredictably gave me more trouble than any other bloodborne boss.
>>
>>331269346
Lud and Zallen
That's the only fight i can't win, that shit is so fucking bullshit
>>
>>331270937
I actually found Laurence first part harder just because of his health. The second part is just patience anon
>>
>>331272261
Really how,you can bait him pretty easily in his first form.His second form is just complete relentless hard hitting attacks with a limiting amount of area where you can damage him.In my opinion the second form is pure luck in what moves you catch him in
>>
>>331269346
You know, I'm playing through Demon's Souls right now for the first time and I've yet to die to a boss. I've done:
>1-1 Phalanx
>1-2 Tower Knight
>2-1 Armor Spider
>3-1 Fool's Idol
>4-1 Adjudicator
>5-1 Leechmonger
So what bosses gave you nightmares in this game /v/? I can't wait to get my shit pushed in.
>>
>>331270089
>velstatd
Uninstalled the game twice. Fuck him
>>
>>331272869
Maneaters and flamelurker
>>
>>331272869
Wait, actually scratch that. I DID die to a boss. I slipped off a ledge in the Leechmonger fight as soon as I passed the fog door.
>>
>>331269346
> gwyn
>O&S
> Hard
Why didn't you just say you can't parry or dodge?
>>
>>331272869
Maneaters, Flamelurker, and False King are generally considered the only real hard bosses.
>>
>>331269346
Orphan
Abhorrent Beast
Ludwig
2cat
Laurence
>>
File: Cleric_beast_concept_art.jpg (260 KB, 1380x776) Image search: [Google]
Cleric_beast_concept_art.jpg
260 KB, 1380x776
Was going to make a thread similar to this, but I guess I'll just post here. Is it just me or is the Cleric Beast one of the hardest early game Souls bosses? It's the first boss I've found and it's slapping my shit. Seems like the only safe area is directly behind it and it's constantly backed up against the wall. Never had this much trouble with most of the other early Souls bosses. Shit, I died less times to the Flamelurker.
>>
>>331273974
Because I can't parry or dodge,also parrying Gwyn is considered cheesing for some people
>>
Chalice dungeon abhorrent beast is pretty hard core
>>
>>331274595
It's optional. Go kill gassycoin first if you can't git gud.

>>331274767
We already established you can't parry or dodge
>>
>>331273974
Try fighting gywn without parries and poise and he's a real dickhole.
>>
Ludwig
Bloodletter Beast
That guy in the Cathedral during Eileens quest without cheesing
Bed of Chaos
Fume Knight

Demon's Souls bosses were only hard 'cause it was the first in the series, going back and playing it now makes them piss easy. Flamelurker, False King, Old King Doran, Satsuki, and the black phantom dual katana fuckers were the roughest though.

That and getting a real player during Old Monk.
>>
>>331272869
Maneaters, mainly because the environment you fight them on. However you generally can get one of them insanely low before the other one even touches down. Bell Gargoyles are harder than these guys.

Flamelurker as long as the AI doesn't fuck itself and gets stuck
>>
Orphan of Kos
kit and kat, the kings pets
Manus

>>331275036
backpedal
his only real problem is that he is a real fucking stickler when it comes to healing. Only time you can heal is when he tries a grab or gets stuck behind a pillar. If you don't get hit much, it's not much of a problem.
>>
>>331275026
Well I'm pretty good at parrying and dodging in Bloodborne maybe because I'm use to the faster place gameplay,or the fact that Bloodborne gives you so many fucking I-frames
>>
>>331275036
>>331274767
>parrying is cheesing
Since when? Logarius is also super easy to parry but some people absolutely cannot get the timing and die over and over. Eberitas is also very abusable.

I would only call something cheese if the AI cannot do shit about it, like Flamelurker getting stuck and spamming magic on him.
>>
>>331270089
>>331272969
Am I the only one who thought Velstadt was easy? I also found Sir Alonne harder than Fume Knight.
>>
File: DaS bosses.jpg (250 KB, 883x341) Image search: [Google]
DaS bosses.jpg
250 KB, 883x341
>>331269346
>>
>>331275321
>>331275368

My point is that someone playing without the internet might have a Sword and Board build with light rolls. I didn't even know you could parry him after my 3-4th playthrough (Some times I'd stack poise If i was having trouble though)
>>
>>331270089
>velstatd

Really? He attacks so slow, its pretty easy to dodge his shit imo.

Fighting him with low adaptability and a shield was a nightmare tho
>>
>>331275510
Again though, he's not really that much of a dickhole, you just have to play it real safe. Any hint of greed and he will 2shot you no prob, but he has no good gap closers that can't be easily dodged.
>>
>>331272869
Keep going after Fool's Idol or Armoured Spider, you'll die to a boss, I garuntee it.

Also you are playing the game in a weird order, I always finish a world before moving onto the next one,
>>
>>331275026
I appreciate the advice but I was mostly curious what everyone else thought of it.
>>
>>331275392
I found them equally difficult desu. I died about the same number of times, but Alonne's charge attack was harder to dodge since I could not tell if he would do the fast charge or the delayed charge, and since I was playing shieldless I got hit by that a lot.

The worst thing about Alonne is the fucking run to him, whoever thought of that should be fucking shot. The entire path to Alonne looked awful and uninspired too, much like a lot of DaS2s areas sadly.
>>
Not counting Bloodborne DLC bosses because those are just whacky levels of hard

1. Martyr Logarius
2. Ornstein & Smough
3. Amygdala
4. Fume Knight
5. Lost Sinner
>>
>>331275719
Really? It feels pretty natural to me. Besides, I can't proceed past the Tower Knight archstone, I need to kill an Archdemon or something.
>>
>>331275873
The problem with Bloodborne DLC bosses is that they have to much fucking health and have 2 or three attacks that can one shot you,fucking ludwig.
>>
>>331274595
Bloodborne bosses have more tactics than Dark Souls bosses.

If you do enough damage to his head you'll trigger a Visceral opportunity which is an easy 400 damage, and his head will take increased damage for a while. You can also cripple other sections of his body which allow you to do increased damage to them.

I recently killed him on an Arcane character and a Oil-Urn plus Molatov on his weakened head did 1/4 of his health.
>>
File: 12e5900183d51fb38b0cbab43d33113c.png (270 KB, 1229x1031) Image search: [Google]
12e5900183d51fb38b0cbab43d33113c.png
270 KB, 1229x1031
>>331269346
>Gwyn
One of these things is not like the other.

Anywho.

>Smelter Demon
>Ancient Dragon
>Manus
>Artorias
>Seath
>>
>>331275873
>3. Amygdala
We talking about regular old Amygdala, here? Not the chalice one that I hear people complaining about? Because he was ez pz man. Logarius and O&S are absolute fucking bastards though.
>>
>>331269346
Didn't play DkS2
Flamelurker
Blood Starved Beast
O&S
False King Allant first playthrough
Astrea is hard to not cry
>>
>>331275873
Sinner? Really? I mean maybe if you don't use the fires
>>
>>331270898
dung pie technique??
>>
>>331276325
The only trouble I had with logarius was his sword ball faggotry. Once I started rushing that he was pretty easy.

Just stick to the left and you'll never eat his instant skull
>>
>>331275905
Arch Demons are the 3rd boss of each world (and are all really gimmicky fights that can be done easily).

I usually go 1-1, 1-2, and then depending on my build and what stuff I want I do 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 in another world and then I have access to everything.
>>
>>331276736
Presumably chuck dung pies so they get toxic.

They're really not hard to kill normally though
>>
>>331270089
Hahahaha, get good m'lady
>>
Capra
Adjudicator
Paarl
Witches of Hemwick
>>
>>331276216
the Smelter demon is just a bullshit large enemy with retarded-ass hitboxes.

Ancient Dragon is probably THE most failed attempt at making a boss the series has ever seen. Only 2 attacks and back in 1.00 before it was changed it's flame breath attack would literally 1-shot you no matter how much hp you had.
>>
>>331277096
>Witches of Hemwick
What?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x420
>>331277096
>Adjudicator
>The fucking WITCHES
>>
>>331277096
>Witches
Jesus man. Although I did technically die to them. As soon as they died one of their summons killed me in the instant before he faded out. Couldn't help but kek.
>>
>>331277096
> witches
>>
>Gwyn
Parry you moron
>>
>>331277601
as me and the other anon established>>331275026 I suck at parrying,hell I can't even properly parry Havel and he's slow as fuck.
>>
>>331275873
>Lost Sinner
>hard

How the fuck?
>>
>>331277096
>adjudicator
>witches
its just a prank right?
>>
Centipede Demon
Darklurker
Lud & Zallen
Gwyn
Fume Knight
>>
You Soul babies are arguing over souls bosses being hard, but I've never actually found any boss so difficult that it took more than an hour to beat.
>>
>>331278662
Correction, just remembered biggest asshole boss in DS1.

Manus
Centipede Demon
Lud & Zallen
Gwyn
Fume Knight

Fucking hated manus. Also damn that bug.
>>
>>331278701
Did you play the Bloodborne DLC?Because I think the Old Hunter bosses are some of the hardest in the entire series.
>>
Post top 5 WORST Souls bosses.

Ancient Dragon
Bed of Chaos
Ceaseless Discharge
Skeleton Lords
Prowling Magus & Congregation
>>
>>331279060
This is the most correct list I have ever seen.
>>
>>331279060
Witches/Pinwheel
>>
>>331279874
I should have worded that as 'worst designed' bosses. Pinwheel sucks because he goes down so quickly, not because he's designed poorly IMO.
>>
>>331277096
>Capra
theres a staircase for a reason f a m
>>
>>331275185
The cathedral mini boss is actually very easy if you bait him to attack, dodge, then do a jumping attack from a distance where you stagger him before he can attack
So if he rushes you, dodge. If he walks towards you, do a jumping attack. Very repetitive but whatever, stupid ai
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.