[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a 'flashbang' shield actually work? >Pic very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: flash bang shield.jpg (6 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
flash bang shield.jpg
6 KB, 266x189
Would a 'flashbang' shield actually work?
>Pic very related
>>
hold on let me ask my pet ant
>>
>>331267223
how do you make the bang without deafening yourself first? ear protection would be bad for everyother second of the situation... and without the bang you just gave the bad guys a nice well lit target to fucking shoot at...
>>
>>331267460
What did he say?
>>
>>331267516
Precisely what I was thinking, thanks for the logical reply.
>>
>>331267546
>hold on I need to get a hold of my pet mite to read this shit
>>
>>331267546
>implying my pet ant is male
she said OP is a faggot for saving thumbnails
>>
>>331267516
Active noise cancellation headphones tuned to cancel only shield sound attack?
>>
>>331267516
>ear protection would be bad for everyother second of the situation

>I don't know what electronic earpro is

Just fuck off, idiot
>>
>>331267223
I'd rather have a traditional riot shield and just blast flash bangs through a nade launcher with a revolver (ACOG and fast pull out strap attachments) as my side arm instead. Tear gas or incendiaries for my equipment slot, probably.
>>
>>331267516
They make electronic ear protection that only cancels out loud bangs, dingus. They've never been implemented in vidya before because PCucks don't like change (see: counter strike).
>>
>>331268156
>They've never been implemented in vidya before because PCucks don't like change

What?

Ear protection that only cancels out loud bangs has never been featured in video games because nobody ever wanted to play a first-person shooter in which all the gunshots and explosions are muted.
>>
>>331267773
Tell her I'm sorry for misgendering her
>>
>>331268421
>all the gunshots and explosions are muted
l4d2 had loud as FUCK gunshots. unbearably loud. I muted them in a heartbeat.
>>
>>331268421
Not all of them, just the ones within range that would damage your hearing otherwise. But it would add a nice game play element where you're dealing with ALL sounds being muted every time your headphones kick in. Alternatively, you could have an option to turn them off but your hearing becomes shit after doing a mag dump with an LMG inside a small room or hear a grenade go off near you.
>>
>>331267516
Your holding a fucking shield. That is already a big ass target.

I saw this show about non-leathal weapons, And there was one that was based on very bright fast changing lights to induce extreme headaches and confusion, Some people apparently threw up from the pain.
>>
>>331267223
Yes, do you have any idea how blinding those lights could be? the other guy would be seeing spots.
>>
>>331267223
Yes. They exist.
It's usually just an extremely blinding light rather than flashbangs literally taped to them
>>
>>331267223

Probably not possible at all.

The average stun grenade is like 180 decibels, you would struggle to get that kind of volume from anything short of an explosion.

Even the light they generate is about 20x brighter than the brightest flash light on the planet.
>>
>>331267516
Well you're going to have to wear ear protection anyway since guns are loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage.
>>
File: 1454429174666.png (529 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1454429174666.png
529 KB, 612x612
blitz is so fucking fun to play. c4 sucks big dick though.
>>
>>331270534
"Police" is six letters, how could they possibly fuck that up
>>
OP here, very glad of the positive debate we had, I am very interested in the ear pierce that actively cancels loud noises, more about that?
>>
>>331271224
Google: electronic ear protection
or similar terms.
>>
>>331270534
Yeah even with his problems that will never get fixed
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.