[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/18/ sony-is-reportedly-devel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/18/sony-is-reportedly-developing-a-playstation-4-5-for-4k-gaming/

> Sony is trying to make console upgrade barely touching of the PC master race level
> Microsoft is planning on doing the same thing, which is ironic since they own the PC market
> Nintendo will be releasing NX, which is most likely an upgraded WiiU
> After contemplating the news about PS4.5, PSVR, and other VR tech, Nintendo will make an emergency meeting of directors
> They will talk about if they will continue with the release of the underpowered NX or not.
> They realize NX's creation is to upgrade the graphics of Nintendo titles, but the competition will release superior upgrades
> Nintendo NX is delayed once again, as deals are renegotiated so it will include a more capable GPU

Console peasants are shaking in their boots right now, but Sony has the balls to man up and rectify their mistake of releasing a console with "just enough" graphical capabilities. I am aware that PCs capable of VR are less than 5% of the current systems, but that doesn't excuse console manufacturers on cutting corners with their console designs.
>>
a console upgrade? didn't sega try that?
>>
Whatever it is, it'll be an underpowered piece of shit like always, and you drones will lap it up by another 40 million.
>>
>>331263931
>4k

engoy your 15fps "greatness"
>>
>>331263931

Who is this semon demon?
>>
>>331263931
>4k
>with just a GPU upgrade
Sure thing, faggots. Enjoy your barely 1080p @30fps.
>>
>the gawker rumor is STILL being spread around

I guess since you fags have no games (goes for you pccucks), you can't help yourself but talk about unsubstantial rumors. NEATO
>>
>>331264140
N64 had the memory pack too.
It was needed for majora's mask and donkey kong.
>>
>>331264942
And Perfect Dark, which still chugged horribly in multiplayer anyway.
but this would be an entire new console, not just an add-on pack.
>>
>>331263931
>but Sony has the balls to man up

Haha fuck off sonycuck
>>
>>331264140
To their defense, the Genesis did deliver good games. But their mistake was the same as what Atari did before, they wanted their current system to last longer. Atari didn't want to make a new system because they thought Atari 2600 would reign forever. Sega thought people wouldn't need another system other that the Genesis, so they thought they only need to upgrade it. The difference with Sony and the others though, is they immediately collectively saw their designs were flawed. They based their console specs on each other's specs, resulting in a somewhat similar graphical capability. The problem is, both didn't want to add more cost to the manufacturing of the system, instead of doing what they did before, designing a system that's 2-3 years ahead of the current consumer technology.
>>
>>331263931
nobody tried to look up her skirt while she had VR on?
>>
So is it just a rumor or what?
>>
File: l_matsuoka_140409oculus15.jpg (255 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
l_matsuoka_140409oculus15.jpg
255 KB, 1024x682
I'd buy the new playstation if it supported 60fps. 4k isn't necessary for console games, 4k is for modded screenshots.
>>
>>331265337
Everyone already had a go at her m8.
>>
>>331265468
I'd buy the new playstation if it supported 60fps. 1080p isn't necessary for console games, 1080p is for modded screenshots.
>>
What's going to happen is graphics are actually going to go backwards in the upcoming years as developers sacrifice asset quality in favor of high resolution and framerate for VR.
>>
>>331268008
So it will be like the 5th gen

>everything looks like shit but its 3D!
>>
Nintendo needs to stop relying on old titles and remakes to sell shit and go back to making good fucking consoles and games. Jesus fuck what are they doing? Ever since n64 its been pretty down hill

Why? How can they be so stupid?
>>
>Console faggots complain that you have to upgrade PCs too much
>Literally have to upgrade thier console

Delicious.
>>
I was going to buy a ps4 tomorrow but now I'm not so sure. Should I just wait?
>>
>>331268610
Just wait.

If your weak willed you'll end up doing it anyway so we can't stop you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.