[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this, what am I in for /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: isolation.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
isolation.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
Just got this, what am I in for /v/?
>>
File: 1403958474024.png (128 KB, 435x419) Image search: [Google]
1403958474024.png
128 KB, 435x419
Jesus Christ I hate these threads.

Why would you buy a game and then ask /v/ how it is? As opposed to either just buying and playing the game, or asking /v/ beforehand to see if it's worth it.

platinum fucking mad
>>
>>331260895
Tips n tricks :^)
>>
>>331260764
Fun, Jump scares and HOPING TO GOD FOR THE ALIEN TO GO THE FUCK AWAY.

Don't use things too much, the alien learns from it. So if you spam noise makers, it won't go for them.

Save stations take time to work, so if the alien is around, it isn't safe to save. Any kind of noise attracts it, so firing your gun or hitting a pipe with your wrench is sure way to make yourself dead.

Watch the environment at all times, it is key to progression. Remember locked doors, you will need to back track, but the game will give you lots of shortcuts to those areas when you need to go back there.
>>
>>331261175

i used noise makers throughout the entire game, it went for it every single time, same as flares.
>>
>>331261354
what difficulty
>>
you'd get bored with it pretty quickly, tbqhfam
>>
File: 10.jpg (63 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
63 KB, 640x960
Im at the part where I just encountered the alien for the first time. Jesus this is hard, I can't get past him. I might bring the difficulty down to normal.
>>
A fun and pretty tense game with a decent atmosphere, the trouble it there are some massive pacing issues and the game gets a bit repetative after 20+ hours on the story
the homages to the original Alien movie is great though, especially the bit where you explore the derelict on lv426
>>
>>331260764
Play on hard.

Fun and spooky.
>>
>>331261828

You mean the FIRST time, right after it kills Axel? Or do you mean the medical ward?
>>
>>331263536
I'm talking about right after you get the revolver, and shit hits the fan and it kills those 4 guys that tried to find you.
>>
>>331264576

If you can't get past it at that point, you may not be using everything in your arsenal. Remember, you can distract it.

...you're not trying to shoot it, are you?
>>
File: aliensrising.png (3 MB, 1905x1038) Image search: [Google]
aliensrising.png
3 MB, 1905x1038
>>331264576
Wait till it finishes munching the 4 guys and goes into a vent. Then go for the door. Wait close-by so you don´t have to rush there. Always move slowly because you can´t run from the Alien if it sees you. Believe me it´s faster. Also it can follow you into vents.
>>
File: hysterical.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hysterical.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>mfw game turns into shotgunning robots 2/3 of the way through
the part with the show room was pretty awesome, though
>>
File: humans.jpg (53 KB, 433x320) Image search: [Google]
humans.jpg
53 KB, 433x320
>>331266334
That part scared the crap out of me even though i knew they were gonna "wake up". Especially them banging on the door.
>>
>>331260764

The only case of 10/10 voice acting in video games for the past 40 years.
>>
I really liked this game.Although I bought it in the hopes that it would manage to get me scared, which failed to do, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the game compared to the earlier Alien games we got.

Totally worth a buy.
>>
>>331266142
>>331265972
Got past him, now im trying to get back to my buddies I came with.
>I tried to shoot him the 7+ times I died
>>
>>331266801
>I tried to shoot him

In ten words or less: Don't do that.
>>
>>331266801
Yeah not the best idea mate. Shooting it only annoys the alien. And it can get really fucking angry especially if you use the flamethrower or chase it around with noisemakers.
>>
SOMEONE POST AMAZING 2K COMFY SCREENSHOTS OF COOL LO-FI SCIENCE FICTION ENVIRONMENTS

FUCK
>>
You guys using film grain or nah?
>>
A game where you can just sit for ten minutes and feel like you're on the station. I just sat in rooms sometimes feeling immersed. But after the two thirds mark of progression it starts to overstay its welcome, depending on how long you like a campaign that feels the same all the way through.

It's still a great game in my opinion, the immersion is great, toasters can run it on ultra, and it has an almost exact quality of the movies.
>>
>>331267370

If you don't use it you're a homowomo
>>
An actually good AAA game. Maybe a bit long for the mechanics to sustain but it's still good.
>>
File: wrkJoeAlienlBestfriends.png (426 KB, 722x775) Image search: [Google]
wrkJoeAlienlBestfriends.png
426 KB, 722x775
>>331260764
>>
File: aI.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aI.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
>>331267916
Well they sure bro it up whenever they go to hunt me down. Assholes.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.