[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Debating picking this up. To who has played it, is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: SaltAndSanctuary1920x1080.jpg (888 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SaltAndSanctuary1920x1080.jpg
888 KB, 1920x1080
Debating picking this up. To who has played it, is it any good?
>>
File: 1350410494735.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1350410494735.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
I'm also interested in this game, was wonderinf what people thought of it.

It looks like it heavily borrows from the Souls games, and it could probably tide me over until DaS3 comes out, and my new rig's parts get delivered.
>>
It's enjoyable so far just picked it up myself. About 8 trump dollars too expensive but if stuff like that doesn't matter check it out.
>>
>>331253745

How far are you into it?
>>
>>331252984
I have a good number of hours sunk into it, but focused more on speed running.
Fuck the Carsejaw man.

It's only really a nod to the souls games in all honesty. Somebody referred to it as dishwasher, which seems more spot on.

It's a good platformer, smooth combat and entertaining story. The filters are shit, but if you can ignore that, you've got yourself a pretty good 25+ hour couch coop game
>>
>>331254324

WAIT IT HAS COUCH CO OP?
>>
>>331254485
Yee, it doesn't start with it, you have to get the sellsword item, but yes. It has couch coop.
>>
>>331253843

First boss down, literally just picked it up before work.

Most people complain about redundancy. $$$ = My enjoyment currently
>>
>>331254642
Yo, after witch of the lake or carsejaw, which direction do I have to head?
Are they even required?
>>
File: 1439515135569.jpg (74 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1439515135569.jpg
74 KB, 640x960
How are the skills in this game?

I've seen a few videos that show a massive skill tree, does it lead up to some awesomes shit or are they mostly just stat-ups of lower skills?

Are spells weapon based like souls games or are the innate?

Have a taytay in return for your help.
>>
It's very very good.
Easy to get lost though so take note of where you encounter locked doors.
I highly recommend the game though
>>
>>331255904
Bumping for this guy's questions, I'm curious
>>
>>331255904
mostly just more stats, or you can get an extra healing item whenever you rest at sanctuary. the stats lead up to you being able to use better weapons/magic/armor though.
>>
I saw it on the PSN, looks like a Souls rip-off through and through, but somehow edgier. The trailer basically sells you on this, but it still looked fun to give it a try.

It's like the Souls series and Adventure Quest, or whatever that abominable Flash MMO's name is, had a retarded baby.
>>
it´s good having a good time with it
>>
You should definitely pick up this Soulslike game. It's definitely worth the money.
>>
>>331252984
I was quite disappointed to realise it wasn't being released on the PC at the same time. Looks good, I've avoided streams etc to dodge spoilers.
>>
>>331252984
It was alright. I ended up beating it in 10 hours.

The platforming can be really bad at times.

There's a lot of hidden secrets if you like exploring.

It has a very vertical focused world design with tons of short cuts linking back to previous areas.

As far as I can tell the game isn't balanced too well. Greatswords and Magic break the game hard.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.