[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turn Based Games (PC)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: HgkcSHu.jpg (113 KB, 725x900) Image search: [Google]
HgkcSHu.jpg
113 KB, 725x900
Starting with some games I loved:
Wasteland 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Shadowrun
Underrail
Dead State
Xenonauts

The newer XCOM games are... Okay. I don't like the way the difficulties or encounters work. Would Jagged Alliance be something worth playing? What else? Thanks bruvs!
>>
>>331237268
FROZEN SYNAPSE
>>
>>331237268
Turn based encompasses a wide selection of genres, from RPGs, through squad tactics games to 4x strategies. It's not really a precise question.
But yes, JA2 would be a perfect game judging by what you've played and liked so far. It's really the best at what it does.
>>
>>331237268

I've heard that Jagged Alliance 2 is very good, but also very hard. I don't like having to read hundreds of pages of a wiki just to enjoy a game, so I'll not even bother playing it
>>
File: might-and-magic-heroes-3-hd-11.jpg (931 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
might-and-magic-heroes-3-hd-11.jpg
931 KB, 1920x1080
>>331237268
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
>>
What is PC equivalent of Tactics Ogre?
>>
Darkest dungeon
>>
>>331237915
Emulated Tactics Ogre
>>
Fallout 1,2, tactics.
>>
File: XCOMApocalypseMakingPath.webm (3 MB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
XCOMApocalypseMakingPath.webm
3 MB, 600x448
X-COM UFO Defense and Apocalypse are both really good. Silent Storm and its expansion are also really good.

I'm looking forward to what Xenonauts 2 will be like.

Oh and Expeditions: Conquistador is pretty cool too and is getting a sequel soon.

>>331237738
I haven't been able to get into JA2. I can't get past like the second area of the game. Might be because I only hired one guy to come with me as I made the same mistake in Silent Storm but these games really should adjust the difficulty depending on how many people you have with you.
>>
>>331237738
JA2 doesn't require any reading at all. Stop with this next-gen wikishit. You don't need anything but common sense.
You're behind a tree? The trunk will stop bullets. You're running? You're harder to hit. It's night? The enemy will have a hard time seeing you. Just apply basic logic and you'll be fine.
>>
>>331237738
played through the game when I was 12, no wikis or even internet back then, no walkthroughs or much besides a few pages of basic tips and tactics in magazines.
I definitely enjoyed it.
>>
>>331237457
Fuck, I should have mentioned that one. Played it, love it. I faced the one dev too, Bin.

>>331237638
I just like the turn based styling in general. I'll poke my nose in at Jagged Alliance in that case!

>>331237878
Hmm, I've always overlooked those for some reason. Sounds good - thank you!

>>331237994
Been meaning to get back to that since it was officially released. Thanks for the reminder!

>>331238162
Those slipped my mind, actually. 1 and 2 were good, might have to look into tactics.

>>331238241
Are they actually working on Xenonauts 2? I thought the gameplay as far as a modern day XCOM was concerned was way, way better than the AAA versions. It was a bit more tricky and cumbersome, but way more in depth.
>>
File: 1455893757963.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
1455893757963.gif
2 MB, 500x220
Divinity Original Sin
>>
The Last Remnant
Sengoku Rance
Trails in the Sky
Divinity Original Sin
>>
>>331241363
I was playing it with a buddy of mine right up until the point where we got completely fucking stuck. We were as thorough as we could have been and spent hours wandering, googling, etc... And yet we ran into some Goblins/Orcs in the forest who have way too many levels on us. The only thing I dislike about the game isn't the lack of direction, but the diconnect between levels in different areas of the world. We're veterans with RPGs and the likes, but it fucking stumped us.
>>
>>331237268
Divinity original sin
>>
>>331241229
Yeah, the guy announced they were working on a new game. And while I liked the first Xenonauts it really is just a clone of the first X-COM game more or less so there's not too much reason to play it over just playing the original.

Apocalypse is my favorite if you haven't played it yet.
>>
>>331237268

>liking wasteland 2
>>
jagged alliance 2 with the 1.13 patch
civ 5
any actual roguelike
>>
>>331237268
Shadowrun: Dragonfall if you haven't played the expansion
Fallout 1 + 2
Patched JA2
Open XCOM
>>
Maybe not the style you're after but Endless Legend is fucking fun.
>>
>>331237268
Shift+F -> no SACRED... wth!
>>
>>331243085
Played all 3 shadowrun games. They're such great pieces, especially Dragonfall.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.