[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just woke up, lets start with a fuck you i liked it thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Sonic_Heroes_cover[1].png (196 KB, 290x414) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Heroes_cover[1].png
196 KB, 290x414
Just woke up, lets start with a fuck you i liked it thread
>>
>>331231801
When did people hate Sonic Heroes?
I always felt like everyone loved that game
>>
>>331232041
Its a cycle thing

People loved it when it came out, then a few years passed and everyone hated it

The games repetitive at times but team sonic and super hard are fun and the chaotix shake things up if you want extra challenges beyond run to the end
>>
i enjoyed it too.
if anything that castle level with sonic team was hard as hell.
>>
>>331232232
I honestly felt Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog were great games. They felt like the Sonic and Knuckles of that generations. I feel like their stories are linked
>>
>>331232358
Maybe because they were made on the same engine but yeah they oddly feel linked together even if their themes are completely different. I didnt like shadow as much because every level was pretty much like a chaotix level but if you just rush to the end its ok.
>>
File: 1741959-hawke.jpg (166 KB, 936x1200) Image search: [Google]
1741959-hawke.jpg
166 KB, 936x1200
>>331231801

It's a deeply flawed unfinished mess.

But it's my favorite in the series because of the depth of combat party member synergy, decent actual challenge on the hardest difficulty, good characters, and interesting story telling.

I love how you could influence party members by giving them tough love or just accepting them and change their personalities.

Also Fem Hawke is pre good.

Inquisition was a shit pile and it makes me sad people downplay 2 so badly because it's rushed production and bad press.
>>
File: zelda-wind-waker-hd.jpg (64 KB, 498x640) Image search: [Google]
zelda-wind-waker-hd.jpg
64 KB, 498x640
I like it better than Majora at times
>>
>>331232683
1 is still my favorite but i actually never understood the hate mongering for this game. it just wasnt as good as 1 but that doesnt make it bad. Anything to freely hate on EA i guess tho
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 443x332
We talking bad sonic games? Neato

I actually really enjoy 3D blast, even with the flicky gathering. People told me to get the no flickies mod but then what's even the point? The levels become laughable

Also that OST was glorious on both versions in their own ways

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jrmujm3SY5k
>>
>>331232041
???

How old were you in 2003? Everyone hated this game outside of artstyle and music.
>>
>>331233557
I was 9 when it came out
>>
>>331233078
This is the best Zelda since OoC IMO. Also played it for the first time on the Wii U. It's pretty great.
>>
>>331233557
>artstyle

People were already complaining about how everything looked plastic and glossy from the start actually, specially since it came right after adventure
>>
>>331233779
No, what I meant was the design of everything, every reviewer was throwing around the "it's the closest thing to 2D Sonic style in 3D" compliment.
>>
Sly 4
Skyward Sword
Super Mario 3D World
Genji 2
Spyro A Hero's Tail
>>
File: kingofkucks.png (282 KB, 632x437) Image search: [Google]
kingofkucks.png
282 KB, 632x437
>>331231801
People say Sonic Heroes made up for the weaknesses of the adventures, but they're fucking retarded

Sonic Adventures had
>gotta go fast gameplay
>some good bosses

Heroes had
>cancerous music
>a shitty team gimmick
>random npcs that take ten seconds to dispatch
>no speediness or inertia
>shitty special stages
>the same levels four times to clear the game
>shitty bosses

I admit Adventures had shitty cameras and clipping issues, but you at least had fun

I got to the sky rail ripoff about a week into the game and realized I had absolutely no enjoyment to encourage me onward
>>
It lacked polish, but I think with a little tweaking it could be a top tier Sonic game. I'd be excited if they announced a sequel.
>>
File: no.jpg (28 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
28 KB, 321x322
>>331231801
Sonic Heroes is my favorite Sonic game
>>
>>331233415
The only thing i really remember about this was that boss with arms in the spiky area and you have to endlessly jump to avoid getting hurt.
Shit was so loud that I got yelled at and wasn't allowed to play for a week.
>>
>>331234301
I was playing it again recently and it's age is showing off more and more as time goes by
>>
>>331232041
Were you around when it first came out. It was complete shit compared to SA2. It was definitely the worst 3D game until Shadow and 06 rolled in.

Every level bar the first one is cheap pitfall deaths galore.
>>
>>331235250
So you dont like having to jump over platforms in a platform game...? You realize your shitty mario games have what you call cheap pitfalls to right?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.