[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good boxing games? Especially from pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: Ippo_makunouchi.jpg (77 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
Ippo_makunouchi.jpg
77 KB, 600x480
Are there any good boxing games? Especially from pic related
>>
Punch-Out!!
>>
>>331229332
The Ippo GBA game is pretty good.
Fight Night Champion's okay, avoid online or play with someone you know so you don't play against spammers.
The second Ippo PS2 game is also great.
The PS3 one is extremely arcade-y, I imported it and it's just nowhere near as good as the others because it stopped caring about realism.
>>
>Hajime no Ippo

Get on my level. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5q3nzgttQ
>>
Is this shit still going? Holy fuck, the series started 30 years ago. What the fuck are they doing? Going for intergalatic championship belt?
>>
>>331230705
Ippo recently lost to the #2 Featherweight fighter worldwide.
>>
>>331230410
>Ashita no Joe
Get beat the fuck up then crosscounter and get even more beat up the anime.
>>
>>331229332
Fight Night Champion is prolly your best bet

Granted it gets a lot of shit because of button mashing and spamming punches, but it's not like there's a plethora of other good boxing games

but any boxing game sure shits on any mma game ever released
>>
>>331230860
Dude, he became champion of Japan in the 90's. Is he still trying to become champion of the world 20 years later? The manga must have a lot of filler.
>>
>>331230875
>I only watched the first series
>I don't get it's not really about the boxing itself
>>
>>331231027
I did only watch the first series. I got really bored with the same thing happening every single episode.

Nice assumption on the second part though. Strawman just a little bit less obviously less time.
>>
>>331230860
Thanks for the spoiler. Appreciate it.
>>
>>331231019
It's not just his story and the chapters take a pretty long time to be released(although thankfully not as long as Berserk).
Takamura unified the WBC belts if I'm not mistaken, and Volg became world champ of his weight class.
>>
>>331231152
You should give AnJ2 a shot then, since it's better in pretty much every way, visuals and music included.

Honestly, I feel bad for people who watched the entirety of the original AnJ instead of quitting right after the Riikishi fight and picking up 2.
>>
>>331231181
>Starting an HnI thread without being up to date
You brought this on yourself.
>>
>>331230860
Please tell me that little shit Takamura lost a fight already. I hate his character, his personality is awful and unfortunately he is pretty much invincible.
>>
Ippo games are poop. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Only good boxing games are Punch Out and Super Punch Out.
>>
>>331231314
He fought a black guy called Bison, for a belt, recently.

He won.
>>
>>331231314
See
>>331231198

He's still undefeated.

>>331231323
The PS2 Ippo game(Victorious Boxers 2) was magnificent, man.
>>
>>331231295
Didn't think I was on /a/. Thought I was in a thread about boxing video games. The umpteen Ninja Storm threads manage to have discussions without spoilers.
>>
File: 139743538374.gif (2 MB, 235x150) Image search: [Google]
139743538374.gif
2 MB, 235x150
>>331231386
>>
>>331231442
Some guy talked about it and I replied.
Again, you shouldn't have brought up Ippo if you didn't want people to talk about it.
>>
>>331231314
>hating on the main pompous pompadour
kill urself
>>
>>331231406
PS2 Ippo game was tolerable if you played single player. There was no semblance of balance, the dodging system lacked any depth whatsoever, moves were copy and pasted left and right, required resource management (stamina) without a fucking visual indication of your resource until it was too late, literal fucking dice roll for KOs. I put way more time in that game than I'd wanted and there was nothing to get from it.
>>
>>331231623
Even his fans hate him.
>>
>>331231614
I didn't bring up Ippo. I saw a thread about boxong games and clicked and last reply was yours.
>>
>>331231314
>invincible
He's literally blind in one eye. He'll die at some point.
>>
>>331231386>>331231314
I'm glad Takamura's overpowered to shit

He's a reminder that actual boxers past and present shit on cans and make great fights with other great fighters

And yeah, a lot of great fighters have shitty personalities
>>
>>331231707
You're right about the KO system being a bit shady but you could easily tell if your character was tired, they got easily slowed. The dodging was fine as well as far as I recall, I beat all of single player on hard and I had a blast after I actually managed to learn how to play as an outboxer, it was pretty difficult.
>>
>>331231714
Ok?
>>331231798
Pretty sure that was a bait and switch, anon.
>>
>>331231916
>>331231798

Yeah I think they came to the conclusion that he wasn't actually blind, like Ippo's brain damage thing where he couldn't draw a straight line.
>>
>>331231798
>He'll die at some point.
This is probably what Morikawa will go for, unless he's afraid of killing a fan favorite. If Takamura doesn't die, he'll get crippled.
>>
I don't really watch boxing but is there really a champion boxer out there for whom literally every single fight he ever had was a desperate struggle narrowly won through UNSHAKABLE YAMATO SPIRIT?
>>
>>331231896
After your character slowed down from lack of stamina, it was too late. Your chance of being KO'd increases significantly and damage decreases significantly.
>>
>>331232168
real life isn't an anime, anon

you win (and not get brain damage, by the way) by clinching like a little bitch and getting a decision by points
>>
>>331232168
Nah, anyone who takes as much abuse as Ippo has an extremely short career.
Although I suppose the Diaz brothers in MMA do take a hell of a lot of punishment.

>>331232245
I remember the slow down being gradual, I even had rest-rounds where I barely threw punches and just tried to dodge and block the entire time.

>>331232281
Not every boxer is Mayweather, anon.
>>
>>331232012
>>331231916
Oh, well I haven't read Ippo in 2+ years so I'm a bit behind. Seems dumb to get rid of literally his only weakness.
>>
>>331232281
Not really true. Clinching increases in lower weight classes because their punches are lighter. Some boxers with exceptionally long reach for their weight class (Mayweather) can abuse this by fishing for counters at jab range where the opponent has to step in and open themselves up to hit or they have to close the gap which is prime time for clinching. It's why Mayweather always had trouble on the ropes from longer reach opponents because all he could do was shoulder roll to minimize damage and hope the fear of the counter caused people to hesitate.

Watch a Golovkin or Klitscho match and see how long clinchers last.
>>
File: 1409290473726.png (1 MB, 1432x2958) Image search: [Google]
1409290473726.png
1 MB, 1432x2958
YAMATO DAMASHIIIIII
>>
I watched the anime and man, HnI Rising is so boring but I loved the other 2 seasons.
>>
>>331232012
inb4 takamura ends up blind in one eye and ippo ends his career with brain damage anyways because ruse
>>331232168
Probably. There were a lot of fighters who were ready to win regardless of the condition they left it during any major era of boxing. Right now it's more about points and playing out the rounds but that's just to due to the slump in the sport overall.
>>331232378
Takamura's weakness is his overconfidence. It's not just coincidence that he's been having harder and harder times with his belt matches. Hawk almost took him down but drew out his real potential, Eagle almost took him out with a perfectly executed plan and tore his eye open, and Bison destroyed his leg and almost beat him out in a slugfest afterwards and would have had he not been trained by a man that teaches all his students how to pivot like a ballerina.
>>
Creed or Drago?
>>
>>331232595
Rising has Ippo's best fight in it. Just the rest of the cast's fights are shit. Budget for Rising seemed smaller compared to New Challenger as well.
>>
>>331232589
Still waiting for that obligatory 3DS HnI title where you blow into the microphone to give Ippo's muscles oxygen.
>>
>Thought about getting into UFC games because I'm starved for some EA fight games
>Loved the fuck out of the 1st Fight Night

>Couldn't really enjoy Champion

>Watch some youtuber play through the TUF mode in UFC 2
>That pathetic fucking hit detection
>Looks like they're flinging weak ass glancing blows at a fucking simulant dummie.

Well fuck.

>Uppercuttingweakens.jpg
>>
>>331232595
Rising cut a bunch of shit from the manga. It skipped out on all the training scenes and shortened the fights. The Ippo The manga does get a bit worse after Takamura wins his second world title but it's picked up recently. Just read the manga.
>>
>>331232595
Aside from Ippp vs Sawamura, Takamura vs Eagle, and Coach vs not-Eagle it was a pretty lackluster season but I felt that way when I was reading the manga part of all of that as well. They cut out some of Shima's interactions with Ippo before their fight and that pissed me off. It was some good shit. Next season should be pretty good with Scratch J, Gedo, and a couple of the others. The Scratch J fight is gonna be beautiful. I can just feel it.
>>
File: Steve.jpg (1 MB, 1200x2000) Image search: [Google]
Steve.jpg
1 MB, 1200x2000
>>331229332
>watch Ippo
>Play Tekken
>This nigga has all the moves
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (124 KB, 789x584) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
124 KB, 789x584
hurr gee whiz I wonder what this could be a metaphor for
>>
>>331233084
His leg.
>>
File: halloween spook.gif (2 MB, 272x480) Image search: [Google]
halloween spook.gif
2 MB, 272x480
>>331232961
>It skipped out on all the training scenes
this is exactly what bugged me the most

it felt like it was fight after fight after fight for all the characters even though I immensely enjoyed the happy downtimes between fights
>>
>>331231152
>>331230875
>>331230410
read the manga you plebs
>>
>>331233291
does it have 100% less filler than the anime, autistictripfag?
>>
>>331233291
Is the manga even fully translated? Last I read it, it went up to 91 and now I can't remember a single fucking thing besides the one key death event.
>>
>>331232589
>"waaah how dares autor use tropes his readers enjoy!"

this picture is stupid
>>
>>331233291
What an accurate trip. One more to the filter.
>>
>>331233384
/a/ loves Ippo even during its worst. They have having harmless fun. Calm your autism.
>>
boxing legends of the ring is pretty fun for the SNES
just don't play the md version
>>
>>331233384
I think that picture was done mostly in jest if I can remember that thread correctly. You can't deny that there wasn't a point in the manga where that was said a little too much. I think it was the Woli(Wally???) fight or something like that. Still a good fight.
>>
>>331233384

It's called a joke you autist.
>>
>>331233023
I was thinking the absolute same thing when I checked him out and went through his moves.
Constant: "Hey, I know this from Ippo" -moments.

Probably will main him in 7.
>>
>>331233342
Yeah, it doesnt really have fillers that i can think of. There are parts where it sorta drags but it's pacing is pretty good overall.

>>331233382

Yeah it is. It's a bit fucked up since in like, the first two volumes you have to read it from right to left for some reason? It's good.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.