[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come enemies in video games insult your character, even if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 1280x720
How come enemies in video games insult your character, even if you continue to kill their comrades?
>>
>>331222384
So SJWs won't feel bad when they shoot them
>>
it was a different time
>>
>Im gonna lynch you nigger and rape your family

I know it was a different time but Rockstar really went too far
>>
>>331222704
pretty sure that got never uttered in RDR
>>
>>331222704
Back to /tv/ with you, spastic
>>
>>331222384
why are there still no games where your enemies actually scared of dying/getting hurt
>>
>>331223267
There are.
>>
>>331222384
Why do characters in cover shooters all take cover with their back to the enemy, with half an arm and leg sticking out?
>>
>>331223050
It's funny. I see this shit meme on /tv/ and they accuse /v/ of doing it.
Then, I come to /v/ and you accuse /tv/ of doing it...
>>
File: 1452963922912.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1452963922912.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
>>331222704
/tv/ always has the best memes.

Thank you for reminding me to visit them.

The Spider thread was amazing.
>>
>>331223267
Ass creed syndicate, jack the ripper dlc
You scare the others off by murdering with a thousand stabs
Jack is fucking awesome
>>
>>331223267
Far Cry 2 had this

kinda

but mostly in their dialogue - not so much in their actual behavior. Rarely they would lose their shit when their guns jammed, or just shot at random locations when they lost sight of you while your reputation was high
>>
>>331223267
Because SJWs get triggered and don't want to play when the virtual people you are shooting at are begging for mercy
>>
Far Cry 2 had a good system for enemy dialogue, early on in the game, they were aggressive, mocking, and would threaten you if you came too close to them in ceasefire zones.

As the game progressed and you completed side missions, the enemies would become weary of you. Towards the end, they outright feared you. Their combat dialogue would often be panic, a belief that they were being shot at by several units, and in towns, they would back away from you and politely but nervously say they didn't want any trouble. I will never understand why developers largely make these games where enemies will talk shit to you with the same tired dialogue even after you've killed 5,000 of their friends.
>>
>>331223841
Ever left a guy alive and just followed him around while out of sight listening to him try to convince himself you weren't immortal?

Even early on, shit was unreal.
>>
>>331224540

I know they say crazy stuff if you leave one guy wounded and just keep circling and hiding around him.
>>
>>331223267
>More resource to AI and overall gameplay. Less to graphics and marketing.
Anon can dream
>>
>>331223381
>shoot them in the arm
>flinch then return to the same position
>shoot them a few more times
>they fall over dead
>>
>>331223460
the first thread was gold, now we have ~5 shitty threads every hour. /tv/ knows how to kill a meme real good.
>>
>>331223267
Because then they enter quite uncomfortable territory that mostly games like hatred dwell in.
>>
I don't remember RDR looking that bad
>>
>>331226184
It honestly looks better than I remember
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.