[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WipeOut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: wo.jpg (320 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
wo.jpg
320 KB, 960x540
I don't know what the fuck it is, don't know how it plays, but it looks fun and I wanna get into it.

Which game should I start with? Which games should I avoid, if there's any? Are there any games released for PC? If not, are there any good games on PC that manage to replicate its "feel" decently?
>>
>>331220534
think F-zero with superb graphics and sanic speed
>>
>>331220673
What would you recommend to start off with?
>>
>>331221938
Either the original PS1 Wipeout or the PSP games are good places to start. The games don't have an overarching story aside from background fluff so it doesn't really matter anyway. The only game you should avoid is Fusion.
>>
>>331222314
>PS1 and PSP
Nice. Eboots and ISOs all around. Thanks for the heads up. Also, what's wrong with Fusion?
>>
>>331222698
Haven't played it myself but it's apparently really different from the other games and I guess people don't like that.
>>
The Wipeout games on PS1 are all great.
They fucked it up with PS2's Fusion, and so the series saw a soft reboot on the PSP.
The PSP games got a kindasomewhat HD port in the form of Wipeout HD, which is really technically impressive.
Wipeout 2048 came out on Vita, and its main problem is pathetic performance. But if you can get it for $15 or so it's good.
>>
>>331220673
And weapons.
>>
Get Wipeout Pure(psp) or Wipeout HD(ps3).
>>
>>331222805
I see, what about the new Formula Fusion game in the making? Does it make the series justice?
>>
What do you guys think of WipeOut 64?
It's the only one I have played so far.
>>
>>331223075

It's OK I guess.
>>
>>331220534
Wipeout 3 is the best on PS1, then it's 2097 and the original. Fusion is pants and I enjoyed WipeOut HD on the PS3
I've not played the PSP games so I cannot recommend them
Recently been replaying WipeOut 3 and it's still really good
Gameplay's at a peak there
>>
Wipeout HD is probably one of the better ones.

The image you posted OP is from Zen mode (or something like it), and honestly one of my favorite parts of the game since it's essentially a training exercise to git gud while going 2fast. It becomes absurdly difficult at even some moderately high levels. I think I've only reached Zen or above a couple of times.
>>
>>331220534
When you want to get into Wipeout, you should know, that there are two eras.
The first 3 titles on PS1 have different driving physics compared to the laster games, where colliding with the borders results in huge loss of speed - Also these games can be tough as nails. Later installments are more forgiving, but also more action focused. Also in most of the newer games you can change difficulty anytime, if you're stuck, for example.
When it comes to the PS1 Games my favorite is Wo3 Special Edition. Great soundtrack, good track design, analog-stick support-support, also there are remade courses from the first two games.
From the newer ones, I would recommend Wipeout HD/Fury. It has completely remade tracks from pure and pulse, the ability to use your own music, a ton of fun modes (online has basicaly dried out though) including the imo best looking zone mode in the series

P.S:
I love F-Zero and I love Wipeout. Both great series and both good examples about how much variety there can be in the anti-gravity-racing-genre. Yes, they are both about flying cars, but in terms of Trackdesign, controls, overall Style both series can stand on their own.
>>
File: 3x3alt.jpg (250 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
3x3alt.jpg
250 KB, 920x920
>>331222941
>pathetic performance

not sure what youre talking bout bud, it ran solid 30fps

anyway, I recommend getting Wipeout HD + expansions on PS3 for most complete and 60fps entry into the series, has tons of content

2048 is actually amazing in that regards cause it has all the content WHD has along with new 2048 content and its all portable with the tradeoff of 30fps but if youre not a pc elitist this isnt really a problem cause its still very playable

have fun op, and not sure if youve already played FZEROGX already but if you like wipeout youll love that too
>>
>>331220534
some devs from studio liverpool are currently doing a early access spiritual sequel to wipeout called formula fusion.
There wasn't too much content last i checked though
>>
>>331226662

When I played 2048 the performance dipped regularly. It's pretty shameful really.

The HD Fury DLC performs even worse. It's better to just get the PSP games, if you're playing on a Vita.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.