[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generational Remorse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 500x300
I'm reaching the point where I'm starting to hate video games guys and it's scaring me. I truly enjoy games, I love playing them, and I love experiencing them. But the games that have been coming out lately have been so lackluster and constant rehashes that I've been losing motivation to play any games anymore. Please tell me that there's hope that the gaming industry will be made proper again.

I know it's a stupid thread to make, but I want to know if people feel the same way.
>>
>>331217919
Yeah I do sometimes, the anser is to take a break,go out with friends for a week or so.

After that you'll want some time to chill by yourself.

Also new vidya ain't that bad as long as you don't pay full price, fuck I bought watchdogs for 7$ and had fun.
>>
>>331217919
You are just growing out of it. Deal with it. I just visit 4chan because it's a muscle memory
>>
Take a break from games, and especially take a break from 4chan. You can't think this place does positive things to your mindset.
>>
>>331218353
I like going back to the older games (by older I mean from last-3 gens back) and replaying them, don't get me wrong. I recently got back to playing Lost Planet 2 and I'm having a blast. But I'm constantly wondering why games aren't this much fun today.
>>
>>331218449
It's not a fact of growing out of it, it's a fact of games becoming so mundane and lack the creative integrity to make something worthwhile.

>>331218451
Yeah you definitely have a point there. This place can be very toxic...
>>
File: womenSports.webm (3 MB, 496x280) Image search: [Google]
womenSports.webm
3 MB, 496x280
>>331217919
This is why vidya is no longer aimed at people like you OP.

If a game is not how you wanted/imagined, or a developer does some thing you do not like you will write it off or maybe pirate it and make a melancholy post on /v/.

Gaming reaches a wider audience now than ever before and that is the market video game companies aim for. Great single player experiences are at an all time low as it is just not what people want, so not a lot of effort will be put in to a lot of them.

Them's the breaks.
>>
>>331219128
Do you feel the same way as I do? Because surely you can't think that video games have come to an all-time low as of late.

Mass market appeal is the exact problem I have, though. If you try to please everyone, you just end up failing both sides.
>>
I've actually enjoyed this year quite a lot so far, there's been 4 or 5 games I've liked so far, and more to come in a few months
>>
>>331217919
>But the games that have been coming out lately have been so lackluster and constant rehashes that I've been losing motivation to play any games anymore.
That's it more than anything else. Otherwise there's not necessarily any reason you would stop in your 30s, or even 40s and beyond. Other than your wife or whatever of course.
>>
New games suck. I regret buying the latest console.

I've put every game I've bought pretty much right back down.

The only games that have gotten any notable play time are sadly Madden series, Dark Souls 2, and Rainbow Six Siege.

But, with that being said I haven't touched my Xbox One in over a week because I've been playing my Playstation 1. Maybe Dark Souls 3 or the new Doom will change that (doubt it)
>>
>>331219880
So you get where I'm coming from, right?

>>331219938
Dark Souls III and Doom I'm really looking forward to, so far.

>>331219772
Which games? I'd very much like to know.
>>
>>331220342
Doom less so, because no split screen.

But, I'm sure Dark Souls 3 will be exactly what you want/expect.
>>
>>331220545
It very much looks so.
>>
I barely pay any attention to AAA mainstream games anymore. Whenever I see them they sicken me, and it sickens me even more to see just how popular they are.

I still play good games and enjoy them. I see no reason to stop this practice.
>>
>>331217919
It's globalization, my friend. It will only get worse.
Still, there will be some good games like Grim Dawn, where devs are passionate about the product and quality AAA titles like W3 and Souls series.
>>
Just ignore the shit you don't like and play the games you like, even if they're old or there's not much coming out
Like, fuck, The Division came out, I'm ignoring that because I don't like Ubisoft shit, I don't give a fuck.
Dark Souls 3 is coming out, I didn't like DaS2, i dont give a fuck.
I might pick up Senran Kagura, and am currently playing NIER & Ninja Gaiden because I like those.
Try out new games genres, figure out what you like, and stick with that.
>>
>>331220701
I'm not saying that I'm giving up games entirely. I'm just losing my faith in the future of games, trying to understand why they can't be as fun as they we're back then.

>>331220702
I hope so, friend. I really hope so.

>>331220947
I have tried a wide range of genres and I like all of them, but lately there always seems to be the trend of shooters that are rather monotonous. That's why I hope Doom might change that, but that's my personal opinion. And my situation is more related to my reply to the first anon (listed above).
>>
>>331217919
> point where I'm starting to hate video games guys and it's scaring me

Eh, there's nothing much. Wait until you come to a point where nothing on the market entertains you anymore, and you'r bored, refreshing /v/ every couple of minutes, waiting until someone brings up a gem you haven't played yet.
>>
>>331222832
I hope that doesn't happen to me. And I hope that didn't happen to you either, friend.
>>
>>331219128

Devs don't cater to him anymore so he voted with his wallet. I don't see what's so bad about that. Better than making scathing reviews and just continually purchasing the games. That makes more sense than what most people do these days. They bitch and still buy these products.
>>
I'm probably just going to go PC and play niche shit, indies, and kickstarters with the occasional AAA games like The Evil Within or GTA.

Lirerally always been a console gamer, but I'm not doing this PS4.5 shit.
>>
File: poster.jpg (237 KB, 795x992) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
237 KB, 795x992
>>331222832

you just talked about me.
i don't like any of the new games.
hopes high for black desert but glad that i didn't buy it, it is horrible, even the much praised graphics are shit because so much pop in you get headache.

lets wait for star citizen release in 2020.
>>
>>331217919
>Please tell me that there's hope that the gaming industry will be made proper again.
Probably not. Accessibility and immediate profit are the main goals of most of these publishers. I don't have my hopes up for the industry in general. Some releases don't disappoint, though.
>>
>>331224823
No offense to you in any way, but I hope you're wrong and I hope I'm wrong too. We need more substance in our games.
>>
>>331224985
>We need more substance in our games.
Some developers and publishers still aim for substance, but it's a rarity. Like I said, some releases don't disappoint. I think I'm reasonably cautious.
>>
File: zumbi.jpg (40 KB, 232x232) Image search: [Google]
zumbi.jpg
40 KB, 232x232
There's a huge library of games out there, most of it easily accessible. So maybe try doing something different.

Forget about AAA games that to this day continue to disappoint. Try out indie games. Try out arcade emulators. Try out being a trophy/achievementfag to get the most of games, maybe try out being a backlogfag. Revisit games that you've finished before. Maybe go ahead and start playing a franchise that's new to you, from a genre that you're not much accostumed to.

Categorizing your games always helps too.

You can do everything! Don't try to speedrun shit tho.
>>
When generic, western gray and brown rape and murder simulators are considered the best games ever then you know the industry is fucked as hell. Thankfully there are handhelds which are purged out of that garbage.
>>
>>331220947
>I might pick up Senran Kagura
If you do, go ahead and try 2 for the 3DS. I liked it, and I wasn't expecting to. Just, you know, keep in mind that it's campy and whatnot.
>>
>>331218670
>toxic

Just get a swear jar and call this place fucking garbage
>>
>>331217919
For me, it's just AAA and Western releases that are getting lackluster and played out. I still buy them occasionally just to have something different to play. But for the most part my interest has declined.

Now I mostly play weeb games. For some, the general consensus is that those games are "bad" and have shallow gameplay. But they're original, and the fun factor hasn't worn off on me. They tend to keep things interesting with their weird Japanese novelties and quirky characters. So for me, these games don't get stale.

If you strictly play AAA or Western I'd branch out and play something that you're not accustomed to that's just fun. A game that tries to do something different.
>>
I got burned out on fps games last gen so now I play puzzle games and VN's like Zero Escape VLR, Ace Attorney, and Danganronpa.

I'm thinking about getting The Witness.
>>
File: 1447839612006.png (3 MB, 1880x1440) Image search: [Google]
1447839612006.png
3 MB, 1880x1440
>>331217919

Want me to give you the real, honest to God answer? You're spending too much time with the gaming community. It's a toxic fest of complaining. Nothing is good for them, nothing will ever be good for them. When I quit /v/ and other gaming communities I needed a downtime of a month or so and games started to be fun again. Recently I started coming over and it's again taking its toll.

Ditch /v/ and games will be fun again.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.