[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shit you love in vidya >First Person view >Can see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: thumbs_up.jpg (26 KB, 318x303) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_up.jpg
26 KB, 318x303
ITT: Shit you love in vidya

>First Person view
>Can see your body when looking down

>Player does something that would look silly in real-life
>NPCs/Protag comment about it

>Enemy accidentally damages another enemy
>They end up attacking eachother

>Can listen to enemies talking about their lives behind a door/corner, about how they got recruited, how their families and friends are doing and hoping they get to be the ones to kill/capture Protag
>>
>>331215986
Good taste.

I like it when you disarm an enemy they freak out and don't want to be an enemy anymore.

Somewhat funny if they're rearmed and then go back to being hostile. If a bit immersion breaking. Muh.
>>
File: 1456957092709.png (61 KB, 610x730) Image search: [Google]
1456957092709.png
61 KB, 610x730
>Casings come out of gun while shooting
>The casings stay on the ground
>>
>NPCs scream when shot
>shooting the leg limits mobility
>NPCs actively search for the player
>you can hold enemies hostage
>>
>Getting shot causes blood loss and blurs your vision
>>
>>331216107
Had so much fun playing Jedi Outcast and disarming a group of Stormtroopers of their blasters and watching them run away from you scared
>>
>>331215986
> Walking the stairs
> Different animation than usual walking

I mean, why not every 3rd person game has it?
>>
File: ENOUGH.jpg (69 KB, 1231x696) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.jpg
69 KB, 1231x696
>>331216428
>Get shot in the leg
>The bullet tears your femoral artery and you die immediately
>>
>enemies start surrendering after you killed enough of them
>npcs acknowledge your achievements ingame
>things that should be flammable are actually able to burn
>>
>first person shooter game
>has inventory system

Love that shit
>>
File: 1455735952752.jpg (5 KB, 191x160) Image search: [Google]
1455735952752.jpg
5 KB, 191x160
>can dismember enemies while they're still alive
>they keep fighting, even if their torso and head are the only things left
>>
>>331216692
Why?
>>
>>331215986
FUN
>>
>>331215986
Summoning allies that you then control as opposed to them just being a combat-bot.

Divinity Original Sin was great for this, I was pleased to see Summoning Master come second in the backers choice for classes in that DOS2
>>
>instead of ragdolls enemies have death animations
>death animations are different depending on the enemies position in the environment
>enemies have a cheesy death scream
Watching a guard tumble down stairs and slopes in No One Lives Forever never gets old. The game also features OP's 4th point. It really was ahead of its time in a lot of ways.

>first person game and player character has a helmet with a visor on
>environmental effects behave as expected, like rain leaving droplets/small streams of water on it

>one of the quiet moments in a FPS includes breaking into someone's comfy apartment/house
>you look for all the neat details and easter eggs
>there's a radio that you can turn on for some chill instrumental music or a radio talk show/news report
>if it's a news report, it reflects on events you've been directly involved with
>you can look outside and admire the view
I obviously haven't found a game that checks all these at once yet, it's usually some combination of them.

>one of the levels takes place in some kind of a traditional oriental house/apartment
>it's full of cutting edge security measures
>>
>Edgy characters/animations
>Melee classes(warrior types) have special attacks(whirlwind, power attack, leap attack, battlecry...)
>No oversized weps/armors but big shoulders is a must
>Enemies actually know to fight back really good
>replayable levels, dungeons, mobs respawning, challenges, stuff for constant going back to fight or game in general
>Class/Race system, but with a lot of variations
etc...
>>
>>331215986

Random encounters and different enemy factions are the love of my life and there aren't enough games that do it.

>about to take out guy silently
>wild animal randomly charges in and kills him and his buddies

>guy from faction A is battling you
>guy from faction B randomly spawns near you and comes to help you

>knock out and kidnap guy from faction A and faction B
>put them next to each other and wake them up
>they completely forget your presence and start fighting each other

>running away from a bunch of enemies
>encounter bear
>kills us all
>>
>>331216329
Does anyone have that JP video of Snake torturing the guards in MGS3?
>>
>>331220654

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds
>>
File: 1427200133704.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1427200133704.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>331220736
That was quick!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.