[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with coerce? Did some people have a submission
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: Oblivionwheel.jpg (54 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
Oblivionwheel.jpg
54 KB, 600x480
What's the deal with coerce? Did some people have a submission fetish or what?
I don't get it.
>>
>>331209725
nobody used it, which is why they stopped putting it in games.
>>
Some people are huge pussies. They shouldn't have lumped being afraid with liking you tho.
>>
>have to use all four of those every time

what a retarded minigame
>>
Say you were just some normal guy working a shitty job as a merchant in the Imperial City, and you've never been exposed to much violence in those walls. Now, some badass looking adventurer comes up to you, asks for information, then tells you that unless you give him what he wants he'll fucking kill you.

That's how it works.
>>
>>331209725
How is this even supposed to work? Why not just do the shit he likes and ignore the shit he doesn't? I don't know about you, but I don't boast a little to fill my conversations around people who hate boasting.
>>
>>331210658
So it's just another form of intimidation then?
Like >>331210436 said, it's weird that they end up liking you for it.
>>
>>331209725
Because it was too easy to just bribe people trivial amounts of money in Morrowind to get them to suck your dick.
>>
>>331210658
But then he tells you you're fucking amazing, tells some shitty joke and starts bragging about that time he slept with three elves at once.
>>
>>331209725
oblivion dialogue was so fucking retarded - during one conversation you flatter, threaten and bribe like some maniac
>>
File: 1446067351041.png (187 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
1446067351041.png
187 KB, 400x750
>>331210959
>when you realize your conversations were just as random and autistic as the ones the npc's had with each other.
>>
This has to be one of the most boneheaded minigames I've ever seen in a game, what were they thinking?
>>
>>331210978
Come to think of it, this mechanic fit perfectly with the shivering isles.
Not so much the rest of the game
>>
>>331211469

At the time I didn't appreciate FO3s dialogues, and was afraid ESIV would be the same. I was positively surprised.
>>
>>331209725
TALK TOUGH TO ME. I LOVE TOUGH GUYS.
>>
>>331212386
I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD YOU FILTHY NORD
>>
>>331209725
Hey, you're hair looks lovely today
I killed 10 Ogres yesterday!
I'll fucking kill you!
So two mudcrabs walk into a bar...

Rinse and repeat. This is how to get people to like you.
>>
>>331211313
Cyrodiil is a fucking weird place.
>>
>>331211794
wut
>>
i could never figure out what the ever living fuck was going on with that minigame. they casualized things to the point where they didn't make any fucking sense. i still don't know how it works
>>
I miss being able to do that. Now if you smack someone by accident they just hate you forever. Not only that but being able to convince guards to pay your bounty for you was a good feature in of itself.
>>
>>331215548
>it's so simple I don't get it

kek

you just have to rotate all 4 options in a way that positive ones get filled up and negative ones don't. If your skill is low your rolls are bad too
>>
>>331215146
I've heard others say the same
>>
>>331215548
As
>>331211313
Stated, it was merely simulating the retarded conversations NPCs had with eachother. That's how conversation works in Cyrodil. No wonder those fucking weirdos got taken over by Elves.
>>
>>331215548
Each NPC has an option that they hate, dislike, like, and love, this can be figured out by the face they make
Clicking an option either increases or decreases disposition, with the amount being proportional to the size of the pie
>>
Was anyone else really freaked out by that one Skooma lady? The people in this game already look like an acid trip but this npc was something else.

The stuff of nightmares, I can hear her high pitched voice in my head....
>>
>>331215548
I just always bribed people
>>
>>331209725
Reminder that this retarded gimmick was the reason for all those open face helmets in Oblivion

Like that fucking disgusting Glass helmet.
>>
My God what a piece of shit Oblivion was.
>>
>>331209725
I actually liked this speech minigame if only for how strange it was. How did they come up with something like this?
>>
>>331209725
Personally I thought it was pretty neat. It was simple enough to not be time consuming yet varied per npc so you had to actually pay attention.
>>
>>331215263
Considering people would eat poisonous apples/berries and continue to do so even as it hurt them, yeah, it was a weird place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN80_7rNmcE
>>
File: ScaredKhajiit.jpg (79 KB, 405x444) Image search: [Google]
ScaredKhajiit.jpg
79 KB, 405x444
>>331216464
> Take Morrowind's 4 stat based NPC influence modifiers.
> Add "muh meaningful gameplay" to it and ruin a simple system that fucking worked.
> Sell babby's first RPG to millions because a pretty walking simulator happens to be a fucking gold mine and systems had fuck all for other exclusives at Oblivion's release.
> Never learn a fucking lesson from your mistakes because people literally lap the shit up as it leaks from your hairy anus.
> Go on to destroy the RPG elements in two beloved RPG franchises.
> Make bank and snort coke off of a giant bronze statue of Todd Howard's penis.
>>
I inexplicably have Oblivion in my Steam library, but never really played it beyond the introductory sequence. Should I?
>>
>>331216769
What happened if you gave one to an essential NPC?
>>
>>331217245
Essential NPCs can't die in Oblivion.
>>
>>331209725
Looking back, this wasn't so bad compared to the complete absence of it in skyrim.

And I'm sure even in the watered down state of skyrim, they will find a way to further make it "press A to become hyperslayer cocklord of the universe"
>>
>>331211313
holy shit everyone in cyrodiil is mentally retarded
>>
>>331210959
you haven't met people that do this? It happens all the time in England. Minus elves.
>>
>>331217242
Sure. Just play it modded, the base game has level scaling up the ass. And if you'll mod that out, might as well go all the way.
>>
>>331217245
>Jauffre is unconscious
>>
>>331209725
Oblivion is a strange case. It's bad in a entertaining way. It's unintentionally goofy.
>>
>>331217559
Fuck Jauffre, He got super salty because i stole a garlic clove and he won't forgive me for it.
>>
>>331217242
>>331217534
Get Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
>>
>>331218042
Also get Better Cities.
>>
>>331217064
Morrowinds disposition system sucked. The chance to succeed was abysmal and the amount of influence points you gained was paltry compared to simply bribing the npcs small amounts of money or using simple spells on them. Oblivions persuasion system blows Morrowinds out of the water for the simple reason that it was actually functional. The only way you could like Morrowinds better is if you're wearing some prescription-level rose-tinted glasses.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.