[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've played this game twice now and I still can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
So I've played this game twice now and I still can't see any reason why I would want to save the dark ones and what the fuck are those balls of light that travel the tracks killing monsters? Why is nothing explained at all in this game, will playing last light reveal the answers?
>>
Weren't there like, hidden scenes that showed the dark ones weren't evil or something?
>>
>>331209585
How the fuck did you miss the part where it's shown how the Dark Ones aren't evil and were merely trying to communicate with humans to help them recolonize the surface.
>>
>>331209753
Sort of, they attack you kill your men then put a dream in your head saying we want peace when you decide to missile them
>>
>>331209878
That is not in the game at all, I even read the diaries and watched every cut scene. There was not a single moment that showed me they were good
>>
>>331209963
I meant throughout the game, if you interact with certain things at certain times it does these scenes with dark one's talking to you.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/metro-2033/Secret_Ending
>>
>>331209585
the dream sequences have them whispering how "we want to help you" and shit, you didnt hear any of that?
>>
>>331210206
Yea I did that ending for the achievement and none of the good moral points had anything to do with dark ones just things like playing guitar and listening to conversations.
>>
>>331209878
>the Dark Ones aren't evil and were merely trying to communicate with humans to help them recolonize the surface.
they just tell you that at the end. there is little substance in their statement as well
Maybe they should have tried other mean of communication.
>>
>what are anomalies

Didn't you listen to a single thing Khan said

Some things don't have a logical explanation. If everybody knew what everything was there would be no sense of mystery or unknown.

It would fucking ruin the entire atmosphere if somebody came out saying some crap like oh anomalies were some secret government weapon that got loose lol
>>
>>331210096
It's in the game. I haven't played it in awhile, so I'm not sure if it's missable.

However, if you read the book, They say so in it
>>
>>331210313
>>331210206

that's EXACTLY what I would do if I was an evil telepathic mutant.
>>
>>331210313
>push your shit in
>say they want peace when shit is start to pushed back

That doesn't mean they're good or worth saving, they're just scared and will say anything to live.
>>
>>331210496
They're flat out revealed as good guys in the book on which the game is based on.
The game in general cut out like half the shit out of the book if not more and is just inferior to the source material.
>>
>>331210416

Maybe if the Dark Ones knew how to read and write they could place messages on the walls.
>>
>>331210585
>push your shit in

When do they do this? The only reason they've been a threat so far to humans because they involuntarily make humans go mad when they try to communicate.
>>
Dude, they didn't want to kill you or your buddies. They wanted to talk to them and fried their brains accidentally.

Like Khan said, don't try to change what you don't understand.
>>
>>331210748
During the defence when the dark ones send the wind before the attack which kills half the men. Also continuing to fuck with peoples heads when you know communication fucks with their heads
>>
>>331209585
Read the book, it's a lot clearer on the Dark Ones.
It's a fantastic read regardless so I highly recommend it
>>
>>331210751
this, the game explicitly states that they're just trying to talk to you and the second game goes even further
>>
>>331213447
>goes even further
Hahaha nice us of dbz meme, not sure what its got to do with metro but I liked it nonetheless
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.