[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just picked this game up on steam I'm only on the fifth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: isolation.jpg (863 KB, 2371x1421) Image search: [Google]
isolation.jpg
863 KB, 2371x1421
just picked this game up on steam
I'm only on the fifth level going through the psych quarters looking for a keycard but Im getting frustrated cause the alien seems to have an approximate idea of where I am at all times
>how to evade alien?
>AI too stronk?
Also playing it on hard cause "thats how its meant to be played"
>>
>"thats how its meant to be played"
if you find it hard then turn the difficulty down you fucking idiot, don't come and shitpost on here.
>>
The AI cheats. Even human enemies go towards your general location. There are ways to deal with it, like throwing flares around - they attract enemy's attention.
But knowing that AI is not guided purely by sight and hearing breaks the immersion.
>>
I played it on Nightmare and if I was in a locker he was patrolling near me, the second I stepped out he SPRINTED like a fucking Kenyan straight over to me.
Play on Easy or Normal.
>>
>The alien seems to know where I am at all times.
You're just bad.
Make sure you only crouch to move.
Use more blueprints for distractions.
Use your wrench
Stop being a pussy

If you still think it's too hard now, you definitely won't be able to finish the end of the game. The ai only gets smarter. Git gud.
>>
crouch walk everywhere then wait in closets the game

Them bringing the atmosphere and technology of Alien to a video game almost flawlessly is what made this entertaining, not really the gameplay itself which wears out its welcome within a couple of hours
>>
>>331207568
Experiment with ranges where you can walk and run safely, motion tracker is a great guide for that. Use distractions.
>>331208051
They've been established as having a keen sense of smell for ages, dipshit.
>>
>>331208279
>>331208471
I already crouch walk everywhere
also use the wrench? how so?
>>
>>331208843
You can use the wrench, by banging it against a wall/floor, to lead the alien to your current position, then walk away to another location while the alien checks out that area.
>>
Use flares and noise makers to distract the alien and if it spots you, just spray some napalm on him and it will fuck off.
Don't listen to these casual retards, don't turn down the difficulty to normal. The game is much more entertaining on hard difficulty. Even the description on hard difficulty says it's the way the creator intended the game to be played.
>>
The game is pretty great right until you get past medical. It's a tense few hours or so.

And then you do the same shit but with more frustration for like seriously twenty more hours.

I don't want to complain about a game being too long, but this game should have been a neat 8 hours TOPS.

Still, some nice art design and atmosphere.
>>
>>331208471
>crouch walk everywhere then wait in closets the game

and it's awesome
>>
>literally beat this game on the hardest difficulty the week it came out
>people still cant do it even with guides and walkthroughs and lets play shit out now

Fucking casual scum
GET
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>331209395
>twenty more hours
It took me 18 hours to beat the game on hard.
>>
>>331207568
by trying to think
i was caught in this game three times just because i thought i could make it in time before it catches me
it's like you never played stealth games before
also you can hear the alien mile away and be safe
>>
>>331208796
explain the human enemies behaving in the same way dipshit
>>
Try not to use lockers, they're awkward to get out of. Hide behind things and under beds and tables. The alien won't look under them when unaware of you unless you're completely exposed. This gives you plenty of save havens.
The alien can smell you when you stay in one area too long, that's why he's usually around. Locator is your friend, if you know the alien is far away, walk instead of crouchwalking. Sometimes you can clear the whole distance that way.
>>331208471
>crouch walk everywhere then wait in closets the game
git gud
>>
>>331209675
Show a conclusive proof to your claim, I haven't observed such behavior.
>>
>>331209570
I was exaggerating. It took me 14 on hard.

It only felt like 20.

I'm not saying it's a bad game. I liked it. But you know it overstayed its welcome. Big time.
>>
>>331209564
>suggesting that people use let's plays to beat games
shiggy
They are a L A S T R E S O R T.
>>
>>331209675
no they don't
i played game on hard twice, humans or synths never did anything i'm not expetcting of them

why do you people suck so much at planing things out?
>>
>>331207568
use yer brain, faggit.

The alien can hear all the noise you make if it's close enough.
There is a virtual 'leash' that keeps the alien within 200m or so of you, but thats miles away and you hardly ever need see the alien if you're quiet.
>>
>>331209834
No, it was pretty great, and I disagree.
>>
>>331207568
stop making noise. don't use the motion tracker.
use variety in your hiding spots, because if you use lockers all the time, it will look in lockers first.
>>
>>331209834
last two hours were a bit too slow, but final part with space walk was nice
everything else kept me awake
>>
>>331210062
>a bit too slow
Did we play the same game?
>>
>>331210186
when a game makes you go through same level twice it's called slow
>>
>>331207568
>walk don't run
>crouch walk when alien is nearby
>use noise makers / flares
>don't use lockers unless last resort
>always stay on the move
>always stay on the move

If you stay in one place for too long the AI will just keep sniffing you out, but if you stay moving, it won't be able to pinpoint your position.
>>
>>331209801
One of the first areas where you pick up a hacking tool and then a bunch of people rushes into the room to fuck you up.
I tried running to different corners of the room and hiding after picking up the tool. Without fail enemy moves towards your general location.
>>
>>331210373
the point is to leave the room
>>
File: 1456920730736.jpg (50 KB, 441x479) Image search: [Google]
1456920730736.jpg
50 KB, 441x479
>tfw throwing a noisemaker at a group of people
>>
>>331210373
That's telling a personal anecdotal account, about the opposite of showing a conclusive proof.
>>
>>331208274
> Kenyan
> sprint

Kenyans are long distance but nice try
>>
File: 1428858065411.png (1 MB, 1280x1248) Image search: [Google]
1428858065411.png
1 MB, 1280x1248
>>331210539
>game still gives you the achievement for not killing any humans at the end
>>
>>331210605
What would you consider a conclusive proof - source code for the AI?
I'm afraid that unless the devs straight out confirm or deny this, we have to rely on personal anecdotes of the players.
>>
>>331209631
stealth games are my weakness senpai
I die too much cause Im just impatient
>>
>>331210875
It's trivial to prove your point with a video.
>>
>>331210875
>>331211181
In fact, here's a dude roaming away across the room while the player hugged the far side of the room the whole time.
https://youtu.be/Vdzz_cPTsqo?t=1h17m25s
>>
>>331209834
the length of the game is designed to be a grind on your sanity, you should be begging for the game to end but there's just more things for you to do before you get back to taurren
>>
>>331212967
Even if that's the case, the result is tedium. The game is trivialized upon getting the flamethrower, and the only time it ever raises the stakes after that is in the gunky alien halls.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.