[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tac MTv3yTdU&feature=you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: Zero-1920x1080-1024x576.jpg (75 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Zero-1920x1080-1024x576.jpg
75 KB, 1024x576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TacMTv3yTdU&feature=youtu.be

Our boy Zero explains how Sheik has changed (mostly for the worse) in the new Smash Bros patch.

Thoughts?
>>
File: D1 sees all.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
D1 sees all.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>he thinks the Diddy nerf wasn't nearly as bad
>>
Why the red plastic Walmart glasses? Are they even real?
>>
>>331206259
It wasn't, there is a reason he still beats everyone with diddy
>>
>>331206546
Well we haven't seen him play Sheik yet in tourney.

Still some of the best fundamentals in the game. Can still play campy, still incredibly fast, bouncing fish still a great gimp move, etc.
>>
>>331206267
>Why the red plastic Walmart glasses?
Because he's a fucking mongoloid, look at everything else he's wearing and his shitty haircut

>Are they even real?
No, actual lenses reflect light. Those are just plastic
>>
Fuck scarflard.

Im still mad.
>>
I hope you guys are happy now. Your incessant complaining about Sheik and your inability to figure out the matchup now has ruined yet another character along with the likes of Diddy, Luigi. Except those characters still have some good kill options and a decent neutral game. Now we have Mayonnaise and RosaLuma dominating the meta along with pocket metaknights and Clouds to counter them.

Got some real character "diversity" guys.
>>
>>331205349
Sheik getting better was inevitable. I wonder who he will main now? Rosalina while throwing out sheik in some games he knows he will win.
>>
>>331207625
Diddy is still top 5, so why not him?

We already know he's the clear best at that char.
>>
>>331205349
It makes me curious as to why these competitive smash players don't get into fighting games.

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider smash a fighting game, but it's just as competitive. They just come in different forms.

Surely high level smash players have at least seen a bit of FGC and got curious what fighting games are like, given that they're in general competitively interested?

The only smash players I've seen play fighting games are Leffen and chillin, and they're ok at them at best. I wonder how players like Zero and Mango fair.
>>
>>331208309
Can't speak for all of them but for me the major appeal of Smash is that it has my favourite characters in all of gaming as playable and in a fun and open format. Sure competitive is just as polarizing for beginners as with any fighting game but its a lot easier to get into as well as, for me, more enjoyable.

Street Fighter and other proper fighting games may have much tighter and stronger mechanics but that doesn't mean much when I got a game where I can play Mario, Ganondorf and Bowser.
>>
>>331208309
Well I'm sure the vast majority played mortal kombat, tekken, street fighter, etc growing up. What one decides to get into competitively largely depends on circumstance. If your friends play Smash more, you're more likely to develop a fondness for it. I know Smash has always been my first love but i still play fighting games whenever i get the opportunity.
>>
>>331205349
Is Zero effay?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
I hope you guys are happy now. Your incessant complaining about Sheik and your inability to figure out the matchup now has ruined yet another character along with the likes of Diddy, Luigi. Except those characters still have some good kill options and a decent neutral game. Now we have Mayonnaise and RosaLuma dominating the meta along with pocket metaknights and Clouds to counter them.

Got some real character "diversity" guys.
>>
>>331207195
Cloud sealed the deal for me never ever transfering to Sm4sh. Fuck that nu-male faglord.
>>
>>331209482
Is this pasta?
>>
>>331205349
So Rosalina is now the best character?
>>
>>331209745
Yes though I'd rather fight Rosalina over Shiek any day. She has windows to punish and though her u-air can be absurd on smaller levels, its still manageable and partially escapable. She also has a strong but not unpunishable neutral. Kill the Luma and you already have some of the MU worked out.
>>
>>331208309
Smash skills don't transfer, so to be good at other fighting games involves a lot more investment than say, SF4 to tekken (in theory.) Even in other Fighting Games, not a lot of pros are cross game top tier threats.

>>331205349
obviously Sheik's worse now, it's for the best. Her 50/50 was pure cancer, and determined so many games. She still has a good upsmash and a good fsmash that nobody ever uses because she had way better options. Now she'll need to commit to kill, which is always good.
>>
>>331208309
The same reason you don't see alot of transfer between Soul Calibur and more traditional fighters.
>>
>>331209529
>nu-male
hi cuck!

>>331209745
that or bayo going by movesets alone
>>
>>331206654
when do people use bouncing fish to gimp? I thought it mostly just for kills/damage/recover?
>>
>>331209991
Smash skills do transfer a bit, but only the learning how to adapt under pressure and discover shit bit. You have to learn the game from the ground up, but it can help you a ton recognize patterns, understand setplay, etc.

I just think most people don't attempt to transfer for two reasons. One is that all smash games minus Melee have such a low skill floor that many players have never had to invest any grind. Two is that those that did invest the grind into Melee see it as way more open-ended in a lot of ways to other fighters.

This is coming from someone who loves Melee, KoF, and SF. But I mean, it goes both ways. Traditional fightan players don't break into Melee easily, they get their shit wrecked.
>>
>>331210438
They don't even transition well into sm4sh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6ZcVdcwzE
>>
>>331210282
Bayo is definitely the best. She literally kill at any percent with her 'fly me to the moon' combos
>>
File: 1440287936268.png (25 KB, 759x719) Image search: [Google]
1440287936268.png
25 KB, 759x719
>>331205349
>yfw Zero goes Bayo fulltime
>>
>>331208309
>It makes me curious as to why these competitive smash players don't get into fighting games.

Huh?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/mar/17/pokken-tournament-early-access-finals-live-stream-ft-justin-wong-nairo-esam-rip-nycfab-and-more/

>3. Liquid|Nairo (Mewtwo)
>5. iQHQ|DKWill (Machamp)
>5. PG|Esam (Pikachu Libre)
>>
>character has no real way off getting a kill aside from a single move
man, what the fuck happened to smash
>>
>>331205349
Why does he wear a baby's blanket around his neck?
>>
>>331211153
That's Pokken, a notably easier to play fighting game, and Also it's like, day 1 for all of these guys?
>>
>>331208309
>It makes me curious as to why these competitive smash players don't get into fighting games.
2hard.
>>
>>331210595
First, I doubt he was being serious at all. Second, I also bet with some coaching he could begin to adapt much faster than someone who had no experience except Smash 4. He'd have to play enough to understand and see how approaches work, and all that. He would understand way better how doing the same shit over and over means you gonna get wrecked.
>>
>>331211449

smash 4 is a game full of bad characters
>>
>>331208309
There's a lot of crossover, actually. It's just that those who prefer SSB typically only play SSB on a regular basis.
>>
>>331211449
and no real setups so people just fish like crazy. It's so incredibly retarded
>>
>>331211574
Moving goalposts, huh?
If you think about it logically, Smash players have no muscle memory with fightsticks or even d-pads, so it's not feasible for them to pick up something like Street Fighter and expect to do good without at least a year or two of practice, on top of still playing Smash primarily.
>>
>>331205349
>tfw everyone tierwhores Sheik
>Sheik is shit now due to no git gudders
>no good rule 34
fucking hell
>>
>>331212006
Man I like smash 4, I just get that it's hard to transfer games. Has anyone really been successful at multiple games other than Jwong?
>>
>>331206546
>beats everyone with diddy
>loses to a larry's DK
ok?
>>
>>331211449
They tried to make it a real fighting game with a back and forth instead of melee's "get touched and lose a stock" ruleset
>>
>>331205349
Yeah, those nerfs are awful. If I were a Sheik player, I'd be upset. At least let her keep SOME of the tools that made her great.
>>
>>331212539
Hahahahaha. Nice one, broski.
>>
>>331210769
>implying he won't play Diddy and Shulk
>>
File: 1457076274307.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1457076274307.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>updating characters can potentially make your favorite one play like shit

Why are we doing this? Whatever happened to just letting the game play as it was intended? This is some George Lucas level of fucking up.
>>
>>331213056
>every patch has been nothing but nerfs for overused characters
>never any buffs for underused ones

stupid as fuck
>>
>>331212564
She still has great tools, they were just ignored in favor of safe great tools.
>>
>>331212539
I think all they tried was make the game look flashier without really caring about any repercussions
>>
>>331208309
Last I knew Zero claimed he was going to take the Pokken Tournament community by storm. Don't know what will happen with that.
>>
so, which character is he going to main now?
>>
>>331213110
this is actually wrong
>>
>>331213056
>be falco main
>no changes every update

they should have made a policy from the start to balance the game just by buffing and nerving nothing at all
>>
>>331213169

if they meant for smash 4's gameplay to be flashy then they failed horribly
>>
>>331213314
Falco had a huge updated like two patches ago. His multihits are fuckin magnets now.
>>
>>331213351
yeah, I meant the sparks they added on a kill hit

I really hate how the screen freezes on every strong hit it's a little retarded
>>
>>331213192
Pokken is a fighting game in the same sense that Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm is a fighting game.
>>
>>331205349
>Our boy
Roy's our boy.
>>
>>331207195
>cries about diversity
>upset Sheik isn't the dominating force
You're an idiot. It was clear some characters outclassed everyone else. The best way to make the gap less horrible, without having to overhaul everything, is to nerf the top of the top tiers. If you play them for only their tiers, then just pick your most favorite character and use them. If they happen to be your favorite characters, they're still great compared to everyone else, so no reason to bitch.
>>
File: @@@.jpg (114 KB, 850x1202) Image search: [Google]
@@@.jpg
114 KB, 850x1202
What all changed with Charizard? I don't mean numbers and such, but how it translates to an actual match.
>>
>>331207195
Meta Knight got nerfed hard, lad.
>>
File: leelf.png (97 KB, 175x220) Image search: [Google]
leelf.png
97 KB, 175x220
>>331212759
>full diddy or using shulk in tournaments
zero "tier whore" barios not using the #1 top tier character in the tier list
>>
>>331210769
ZeRo said he didn't enjoy Bayo's playstyle. He'd more likely pick up another top-tier character alongside Diddy.
>>
>>331213873
Better neutral now that he actually has the ability to safely poke shield
Dthrow followups are slightly better because of better air speed and the decreased landing lag making them safer to attempt
Slightly better recovery with the increasd air speed
Gimp game is better with a more powerful Nair/Bair/Fair and increased airspeed.
Basically his entire game was slightly improved all around.
>>
>>331214721

>Spelling his name with 2 capital letters

lmao
>>
>>331213873
>>331214938

Basically what that guy said, airspeed is awesome. Everything else is slightly safer, but airspeed is most important. The damage killing earlier is of course nice, however. Bair is basically a midair smash attack at this point.
>>
>>331215397
>The damage killing earlier is of course nice
This is the most underrated change he got.
Tipper Fair is killing like pre patch Bair and Bair approaches Fsmash percents. Bair offstage now is basically instakill and tipper Fair kills most characters at 60+ just a little off the ledge.
>>
>yfw when you only enjoy playing mid to low characters
>feel like a tryhard playing high tier
>dont enjoy playing as them or against them
>sick of losing to obviously lopsided match ups
I should just main rosy and be done with it.
>>
>>331214938
>>331215397
Thanks. So no changes as drastic as Samus', but just an overall boost. I thought I saw people saying one of the throws true combos with side b, is that true?

Speaking of Samus how much did her buffs help her? Nairs boost feels pretty good, the dash attack fix makes me so fucking happy, and her up b not whiffing is great. I'm just not sure how well that helps her overall, or the other things that tweaked with her that I'm unsure about. I think her air speed was changed too but again since I'm not an insane pro or anything I don't know how all this translates to actual matches. Well, other than, "there's something clearly wrong with X character". Like I can feel when a character has flaws I'm just not good enough to pinpoint what they are exactly.
>>
>>331215782
>throws true combos with side b, is that true?
Only if your opponent drops the controller mid combo
>>
>>331208845
I don't think that logic applies to these people who only pick the top tier characters.
>>
>>331215782
There's definitely no true combo with Side B, but I think there's a combo throw with Fair. If the opponent attempts to airdodge the fair, you can flareblitz.

Samus is better of course, but I think it's less significant than Charizard's stuff. Samus will always be hindered by a terrible grab, and unlike ZSS she still has a much harder time doing shield pressure.
>>
>>331211627
even babies can get into fighting games

unlike smash manchildren, they can't even into command inputs with Sakurai coming out this was a foreign concept for smash to adapt to for Ryu.
>>
Fatty cupcake yum yums will never be "our boy". I'm just waiting for the day he dies.
>>
File: 18bill.jpg (36 KB, 362x600) Image search: [Google]
18bill.jpg
36 KB, 362x600
>>331213598
FUCK
>>
>>331218846
>EASY MONEY.jpg
>>
>>331216871
Enjoy your increasingly worthless craft, spic fighter. I can't wait for Trump to build a wall so you run out of fight money.
>>
>>331210735

>'fly me to the moon' combos

This made me laugh. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>331218846
>not stepping on the puppy for all that money.
If anyone tries to play the morality card on you, say you could save millions of lives with all that money, including charity donations, feeding the hungry and medical research.
>>
>>331205349
>Our boy
Kill yourself, Eva.
>>
>>331207195
>waaaah why aren't Grand Finals Sheik borefests

kek

stay mad your needle camping f-air bouncing fish bitch isn't the best anymore
>>
Any chance Samus will be a more winnable option?
>>
>>331207195
>Diddy
>ruined
>Sheik
>ruined

you're a fucking idiot
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.