[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't do a Shoryuken. I've spent hundreds of hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1417303412671.png (101 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
1417303412671.png
101 KB, 256x330
I can't do a Shoryuken.

I've spent hundreds of hours over a year and a half in practice mode, single player, and online. I spent most of my time playing USIV and SF2, with some KOF on the side, and I'm still absolute trash at all of them, because I can't do a basic combo.

This wouldn't bother me so much if I could at least do one of the most basic inputs - the dragon punch - consistently. But no, I can only do it 50% of the time in perfect training conditions - much less with any bit of stress.

I love fighting games. There's so much strategy, so many mindgames, and it's great fun to watch. I did fencing as a kid, and this reminds me of it.

But if only I had the minimum amount of dexterity required to even play the game - I bought a damn arcade stick thinking that it was the pad screwing up my thumb, but I have the same problem.

This is truly suffering, /v/... you will never understand......
>>
Jesus Christ just hit forward then do a fireball faggot
>>
Forward, qcf
>>
Dude just press forward then do a hadoken, christ. It doesn't take a year to learn.
>>
Play a charge character then.
>>
Anon...I...I feel you...
>>
>>331201979
homophobia is not welcome here
>>
you're just retarded op
>>
>>331201916
Bait or no for anyone genuinely concerned with this sort of thing just do A.A. with a normal. You can get special once your opponent is down.
>>
>>331202121
OP is always a faggot, faggot
>>
Could be worse, I remember training a 19 year old friend for like an hour because he couldn't hadoken.

How awful at video games do you have to be?
>>
>>331201916
A fucking 12 year old can do a shoryuken right, you enormous fucking faggot. Off yourself.
>>
>>331202121

You're a fag, he's >>331202196 a fag, I'm a fag. We're all fags here.

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>331201916
It is literally impossible to type with your grammar if you can't do a shoryuken.

You should have problems even functioning if you can not follow a sequence.
>>
>>331202121
Homos not welcome here.
>>
>>331201916
Well OP you must be offically retarded then. I'm shit at fightan but even I can control my character to do shit. The only thing thats difficult is WHEN you should do it. Not being able to do a Shoryuken? Go play something else there is no hope.
>>
>>331202230
I think it really depends on your experience with these types of games as a kid.

I never really played anything but DOS platformers before I was 14, and I never really finished those because I was bad then, or could save scum my way through.

Now, here I am, a 20 year old who loves video games through his childhood nostalgia, but hasn't developed any real skill to match that love. It is strange, especially since I'm successful at the important things at life, like school and work, but I can't get over the one stupid hobby I'm bad at.

This is why I browse /v/ and play so many games. Because I want to be good at what I'm obsessed with.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.