[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indie games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: SporcleIndieGamePicQuiz[1].jpg (222 KB, 1020x584) Image search: [Google]
SporcleIndieGamePicQuiz[1].jpg
222 KB, 1020x584
So, with Steam releasing 20 games a day, surely there's something good that slipped under your radar.

Post some underrated indie games only you know about.
>>
Oxenfree
The Witness
Stardew Valley

Honorary mention goes out to Deadbolt

Those are the only good indies I've played in the past couple of weeks.
>>
>>331196213
Wait Klei is indie? I thought EA publishes their games?
>>
File: 1422768229938.jpg (109 KB, 904x914) Image search: [Google]
1422768229938.jpg
109 KB, 904x914
what is the game one up from bottom left? looks resident evil-ish
>>
File: cloudbuilt6.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cloudbuilt6.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Cloudbuilt
>>
>>331196213
Not "only i know about" but fucking great games.
>Bastion
>Mark of the Ninja
>Transistor
>Binding of Isaac
>Darkest Dungeon
>Battleblock Theater
>>
>>331198276
Do parkour games stand a chance to become successful these days? I am considering making a 3d parkour game, and did some research on that. There are like 5 games like that total on Steam, so there's a niche. But Other than Mirror's Edge none are popular.
>>
>>331200529
Dying Light is parkour and it's pretty cool
>>
>>331198156

I'm pretty sure its "I am alive"
>>
File: wq04s8t8xexgy5qspf7a.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wq04s8t8xexgy5qspf7a.jpg
671 KB, 1920x1080
I've been enjoying the culling lately. If you enjoy the Battle Royale mods people have been whipping up for arma/dayz/rust/etc it's basically that but a bit more dedicated.
>>
File: prison-architect-1.jpg (534 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
prison-architect-1.jpg
534 KB, 1920x1200
Prison Architect is getting more autism worthy each day, I remember playing one of the earliest versions and all you had were basic facilities, now you have absolutely everything one would expect in a prison.

Shame they never went for multi z-level prisons though, that would've been the shit.

Also pro tip: Don't start with gangs, they'll fuck your prison up.
>>
Factorio, it's good for your autism.
>>
There's a game something about escaping prison with pixel art and top down POV.
>>
>>331196213
indieshit
>>
>>331198276
If you like that you might like DeadCore
>>
More recent games from the top of my head.

>Dex
>Templar Battleforce
>Voidspire Tactics
>>
File: yah.jpg (15 KB, 373x266) Image search: [Google]
yah.jpg
15 KB, 373x266
>>331201838
The escapist.
>>
Environmental Station Alpha
It was recommended in a metroidvania thread and it's really nice and quite challenging.
>>
>>331196213
I played Sheltered the other day. I wanted to finish it quick so I gave myself infinite food, expecting just to stay on my bunker and trade shit until I get everything I wanted but not even playing like that I could get anything done.
Traders would bring random items and exactly what I not wanted so at the end I had to groom people to send them to die into the wasteland.
After like 10 hours playing it I decided I didn't like it. Generic mechanics, generic pixelart, I can't rape women into submission. I wouldn't play it again.
>>
Orion Prelude
GRAV
Sir you're being hunted
>>
Grow Home

>>331201445

I'm interested, can you tell me more?
>>
Rebel Galaxy.

I've downloaded it and it's fun as fuck. Simplified space sim but with a wild west vibe and soundtrack so it basically feels like you're playing Firefly.
>>
Endless Legend is alright
>>
>>331202578
Basic stuff really, you get to be the manager/architect of a prison. You build it from the ground up, hire staff, keep the prisoners contained and happy enough that they don't flip their shit and riot.

Prisoners will steal whatever they can if they have the need for it, like a prisoner that has a need for freedom will try to steal digging implements, similarly those with drug problems with search out things like booze.

There are a lot of systems being simulated which is nice, have to supply things like toilet/showers with running water pipes, have to spread electricity.

In the latest update they added the law of thermodynamics so you need to heat your prison now, because cells close to the outer walls will get cold as fuck without heating.
>>
>>331203142
Can the prisoners die? Do they have all-female prison or only male ones?
>>
>>331203392
Prisoners can die yes, so can your staff if prisoners riot. All-female prisoners are in, and of course male only too. Obviously no mixed gender, that wouldn't work.
>>
>>331196213
wa's the game at the bottom row, third panel?
>>
File: 1450974411954.jpg (45 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
1450974411954.jpg
45 KB, 780x439
>>331203492
Magicka, good shit.
>>
>>331203492
Pretty sure that's Magicka.
>>
>>331201445
why not just build a wall around an area and toss all the convicts in there, maybe give them some sheep or so once in a while so they don't starve and let them live like the fucking animals they are
>>
>>331203683
Because unhappy prisoners lead to riots, and there are usually more prisoners than there are guards and once they down a few guards and get access to their weapons/keys, shit can go down pretty quickly.

It depends on your playstyle really, some people suppress their prisoners most of the day with snipers/armed guards while others try to keep them happy so they have no reason to start riots.

Your prison is also graded based on the amount of accidents, re-offending rate (Percentage of prisoners who end up doing crime again), you can lower re-offending rate by educating the prisoners by building class rooms.
>>
>>331198114
Nowadays it seems indie means a small studio, not that they're releasing self published and self developed games. Nintendo for example are not indie even though they make and publish their own games. Supergiant Games are indie, even if Microsoft or whatever ends up releasing their games.
>>
>>331202694
What do you find fun about it? I pirated it and thought it's trash. No Z axis movement, simplistic and boring combat, very few mission types and all of them were shit. I was craving for a good arcade freelancer-lite but this thing just had no redeeming features.
>>
>>331203572
>>331203608
I ignored this cause i thought it was a multiplayer-only game. Should I add this to my ever-growing backlog?
>>
>>331204293
Honestly, half the fun comes from it being a multiplayer co-op game.
>>
>>331203832
but what if you just don't have any guards and weapons withing the walls, only on the walls?
>>
>>331196213
Vagante

I'd describe it as RPG spelunky
It just added online coop recently which is awesome
>>
>>331204423
You can't place guards ON walls, they're literally just walls that you would use to construct buildings. Basically what you mean is, make a giant square wall, get prisoners in there, seal it? No use. If you leave the game running long enough and the prisoners can hit stuff, they'll eventually destroy everything.
>>
>>331204139
I really enjoy the combat. It's like Black Flag's ship combat but in space. Trading is cool and I enjoy the idea of just doing what you want in the game with country music playing in the background.

No Z axis didn't bother me in the slightest. The map is very pretty to look at and I just enjoy the feel of being in the galaxies they've created.
>>
>>331198156
Its Legend of Grimrock
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.