[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dead Rising 3 worth it? On sale right now. I've heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 41241241241.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
41241241241.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
Is Dead Rising 3 worth it? On sale right now.

I've heard there's graphical issues relating to FPS fluctuations, is that fixed yet?

>Inb4 no Dead Rising 1 port yet, why live?
>>
>>331191391
3 is better than 1.
>>
3 is ok
nothing amazing but ok
worth £10 for a co-op run through

its also really fucking easy to get everything done
>>
What's the difference between 2 and "off the record"?
>>
Is there Frank West in the game? And I don't mean those stupid collectible statues.

Does the 3rd game wrap up the series story?
>>
>>331191453
They're entirely different games. Off the Record is DR2 told with Frank West as the main character as opposed to Chuck Greene.
>>
>>331191879
No Frank. Katey got blacked and ends up fucking a spic. No joke.
>>
>>331191412
>3 is better than 1

Nice bait.
>>
>>331192037

Explain.
>>
3 is ok, worth a play through.
>>
3 is alright. The main problem is that it makes a lot of shit way too easy, and a lot of the charm/music that the previous two had are nowhere to be seen.

With that said, make sure your PC is strong enough. I tried to play it on my 955BE and GTX 570 and it was literally unplayable. On the plus side, my 980 ti and 4790k can play it flawlessly. Also, there is a 30 FPS lock, but there is a easy ini fix for it (just google it) and it doesn't harm the game at all.
>>
What about a GTX 760?
>>
>>331191391

No, it's not worth it. I bought it for full price, and it's pretty much the weakest entry in the series. Even
>>
>>331193240
I played it with a gtx 760 at 1080p 30fps
Changing the settings does nothing
Expect fps drops in cutscenes
>>
>>331192348
Play the game
>>
>>331191391

I played this thing on launch with a 560ti at 1080 with little problems, just had to turn down some of the more performance heavy options.

Can run it on max settings now with dinky upgrade to a 960 with the exception of subsurface scattering. Make sure you turn that off. It destroys framerates in cutscenes and the effects isn't even noticeable.
>>
>>331191453

Off the Record is a what-if scenario. It uses the same the setup (as well as most of the same cutscenes), but the story takes a different turn halfway through.

Also, more content, including a new zone, weapons and bosses.
>>
>>331191879
Katie is in the game as a npc, your main character is a spic, you meet with katie in the first early in the game,turns out Katie run away from chuck who is in the game as some kind of monster boss or a big shot , eventually you escaped the city with katie giving you a bj
>>
>>331195554
I never finished the game, but REALLY? Thats what they did with chuck and katie in the game?!

Wow, so many better ideas they could have done
>>
>>331191879
>does the 3rd wrapped the story
No , just no. Chuck, the Mc from the 2rd game made debut as a some kind of gangster boss and turns out that Katie had enough of chuck due to being a woman, escaped from the mansion and on the run. Chuck order his goons to find her who in return occasionally cross path with our Mc who is btw generic depiction of Mexican or a spic , mc here doesn't know the girl in the hoodie , who is btw a teenager Katie. Being a strong woman, Katie decide that she wanted to use u, mc to get the antigen and to get the hell out of dodge. Anyway, they did and after killing chuck ,Katie decide to return the favor by engaging sexual intercourse but kills mc as they fly away from the new place being nuked as the credit rolls
>>
>>331195750
Yeah, because capcom is hack and occasionally a hack. Well anyway Katie is teenager and acting like a teenager and try to get away from her father. Chuck is bitter and drunken mobster boss and violent individual who sees that mc is a threat . They engaged in a fight at the end of the final part of the game with mc had a new girlfriend, which is Katie , they fueled the planes and finding spare part for the planes, gassed it up and fly away as the city they once knew was being nuked . Katie apparently is emo teenager and they, as in capcom butcher the story and character, so yeah, I'm pissed and acknowledged that dr3 is not Canon and considered as spin off game
>>
>>331195750
Katie is giving bj to the mc as a way of thank you , but little did the spic know Katie had a dagger or kitchen knife?, hidden away in her purse or a pouch, but anyway, Katie stab sonic in the toe or foot, which lead to the
Spic losses control of the plane, as they struggled with each other and Katie finally killed sonic by stabbing him in the eyes with a pair of scissor , which scenes begin with katie drop the scissor and regain a full control of the planes, which camera pans away from Katie to our dead spic, which is know reanimated as walker, and the credit rolls.
>>
>>331195750
Opss, pardon for the word, stupid autocorrect on my chink phone
>>
Bump, also a new detective Conan chapter is out. The identity of rum is revealed
>>
Bump ,
>>
bump, you pig
>>
Playing it now. Good in its own ways, but not the best Dead Rising game.
Would recommend.
>>
WHENS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD SEX
>>
>>331201191
Tuesday
>>
>>331191879
No frank, I think just a mention of him, Chuck is in it at the end. Katie is helping you but you don't know until the end and that's it. Doesn't wrap anything up infact it just sets up another game. Kinda tired of this original story being teased to go on for so long yet every game is a new person and setting.
>>
>>331201368
That wasn't a question you ninny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYV0iawOk9k
>>
>>331191391

Nah, the survivor system is really dumbed down and there is very little tension. The only nice thing is the improvements to the combination system. However, even that is really a bad thing since the restriction of crafting at a crafting table added a layer of difficulty that is missed by 3.

The boss fights are kind of stupid in 3 as well.
>>
Should I bother playing both DR2 and OTR or just play OTR? I don't really care about chuck greene and apparently otr has more content
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.