[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did they fix the hd colllection or its still shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: ZV6Fp.jpg (47 KB, 1000x781) Image search: [Google]
ZV6Fp.jpg
47 KB, 1000x781
Did they fix the hd colllection or its still shit?
>>
>>331182830
They didn't fix it because it's literally based on an alpha build of the games since Konami threw source code away and the only thing they managed to dig up was ancient alpha code which is what HD collection is based on.

That's the result of hiring incompetent literally who company to do the HD Collection.

Meanwhile BluePoint when given MGS2/3/PW source files decided that it's too fucked to bother using the source code and instead rewrote the entire games from scratch by reverse engineering the retail PS2 discs.
True story.
>>
>>331183106
PW was pretty good on the 360
Having Dual Analog made the game so much easier
>>
>>331183106
Bluepoint are tech wizards. Their work on Gravity Rush HD was phenomenal
>>
>>331182830
Who's to say you need an HD remake? The original was intended to look the hazy way it did.
>>331183106
Picking up the mg essential collection. How was this put together? You seem to have knowledge on the subject
>>
>>331183372
Played them on pS2, i really enjoyed and i was thinking about playing again only for the trophies, but if they are shit im not gonna bother
>>
>>331183232
BluePoint has very skilled assembly language engineers. That's why their HD collections are so good in terms of code.

>>331183175
PW was actually handled by different company based on what I checked right now. Bluepoint only did MGS2 and MGS3 while PW was handed by Genki, some Japanese literally who company who was split from SEGA. They no longer exist, but their work on PW was stellar and they updated all the assets nicely so they were clearly skilled too.

>>331183372
>The original was intended to look the hazy way it did.
Please stop being retarded. The fog and film grain are intentional but the game isn't meant to look like smudged mess. Emulate SH2 on PCSX2 and play SH3 PC version, they look amazing in HD. The reason why PS2 version of SH2 is more preferable is because PC version had some visual downgrades such as soft shadows and volumetric fog being removed and replaced with cheaper implementations.

>How was this put together? You seem to have knowledge on the subject
Long story short.
1. Konami hands them their shitty unreadable messy code which may or may not have been on early build similarly to Silent Hill
2. Bluepoint says "You know what guys? This code is fucked, we're much better off rewriting the entire game from scratch".
3. Bluepoint takes the original PS2 retail discs, reverse engineers them and literally rebuilds the games from scratch while also doing some improvements such as changing the depth of field algorithm to a different modern implementation among other "under the hood" changes.

Square Enix internally did pretty much same thing with Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix since they no longer had original source code or assets for the game. They reverse engineered the PS2 disc and rebuilt the game from scratch while also adding some improvements while they were at it such as dual analog camera or triangle based special skills. It's why KH1 HD took so long to make, also it's one of the very few PS3 HD ports that runs at 1080p.
>>
>>331183578
Any remaster done by Bluepoint or HexaDrive is always worth playing in my book.
>>
>>331183372
Who are you to say that that guy can't have something that he wants and is available for him to get but instead has to get what you want?

Also the game was not intended as shit, the whole game was built around the limitations of the hardware at the time, happened to suit it just fine as it shows everything limited and ulgy aiding to the terror/horror.
>>
>>331183769
>Defending SH HD
Please kill yourself this instant, you're polluting the gene pool.
>>
>>331183656
>HexaDrive
Except MGS3D. It was forced to be rushed from Konami site.
>>
>>331183813
Don't cry so loudly or your mom will stop sucking barbosa's dick to check on you.
>>
>>331183869
If you play with 3D effect off the performance is rock solid.
Also the second half of the game has deliberately turned off 3D anyway because Big Boss loses his eye. It blew my mind that they did something clever like this.
The Peace Walker mechanics really fucking break MGS3 though.
>>
>>331183910
Thanks for proving what an underate little shit you are.
>>
>>331184008
Shhhh, only dreams now.
>>
>>331183650
I'm asking what your opinion is of the mgs essential collection on the ps2 not the HD collection on PS3.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-2/dp/B001383L36

I'm considering getting this
>>
>HexaDrive
Nah, they're a very mediocre company.
MGS 3D and Type 0 HD are fucked beyond belief.
Just because Okami HD was good doesn't mean everything else they did is absolved of mediocrity.
Wind Waker HD is also fucked by the shitty bloom and much worse lighting that makes everything look like plastic. And it can't even manage stable framerate.
They're not terrible by any means but they're definitely far less skilled than Bluepoint.
>>
>>331184108
That is just MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 originals untouched. It's a just a collection box, no coding was done specially for that release so I don't know what do you expect me to explain regarding that one anon. Hence why I assumed you were asking about the HD collection.
>>
>>331184117
What was wrong with Type 0? Also, Zone of the Enders was pretty fucking ace, m8.
>>
>>331184108
The version of MGS3 in that collection is Subsistence, but it lacks the second disc, so no snake vs. monkey, secret theater or MG1+2.

2 is the substance version iirc, and nothing's changed for one
>>
>>331183961
It's still 20fps locked.
>>
>>331184167
>>331184316
Cool thanks I wasn't sure if they had changed anything about 1. I knew 2 and 3 were substance and subsistence.
>>
>>331184195
>What was wrong with Type 0?
Better question is what's NOT wrong with it.
But anyhow I'll indulge you:
1. Assets are fucked and inconsistent. New character models despite having higher texture resolution have LESS detail on the textures and have pretty much 0 shading baked into textures because they relied entirely on normal maps to do the jobs (which didn't). The fact only main characters had updated models while everything else uses PSP assets run through a really shitty filter doesn't help either.
2. Bloom straight out of EA's Syndicate reboot that burns out eyes.
3. Horrible motion blur that wasn't patched until 6 moths later and it's still shit, just less shit.
4. Depth of field that's heavily overdone and is just shit.
5. Dual analog is not dual analog at all, the right analog is actually just emulating D-Pad so it's not analog camera control but rather 8 directional 0/1 shitfest. It's why dual analog camera in Type 0 HD feels like shit.
6. Reflective surface shader was applied to every single texture in the game instead of only to specific textures, which causes such absurdity like sand having reflections.
7. Animations were tied to framerate despite PSP original not having that limitation.

Type 0 HD is fucked beyond repair man.

>Also, Zone of the Enders was pretty fucking ace, m8.
They didn't do the HD Collection for that. They only came to fix the mess caused by High Voltage and they only fixed ZoE2. ZoE1 HD is forever fucked.
And ZoE2 HD even after being fixed by HexaDrive still drops to 40s in framerate and still is missing some shader effects.

>>331184328
With 3D effect it dips to 10 and in extreme cases even below that anon.
>>
>>331184536
>With 3D effect it dips to 10 and in extreme cases even below that anon.
Yeah, but I mean it's 20 fps max.
>>
>>331184697
So were PO and PW so if you played those it wasn't THAT grating. I don't see why you're arguing the point anyway since I criticized that port to begin with.
>>
>>331184787
That there's basically every other version better than this one.
>>
>>331186282
I never said there ain't though. MGS 3D is by far the worst, but it has novelty value and every MGS fan should at least play it once pirated (or emulated once Citra gets good enough) since it did some interesting things.
Also it has some visual upgrades such as new textures for faces for Snake and The Boss, every character has normal mapping now, animations got improvement in many instances and such.

In an ideal world we'd have a hybrid release of MGS HD and MGS 3D with all the MGS 3D visual improvements but without its downgrades and classic MGS crawling.
>>
>>331186438
>In an ideal world we'd have a hybrid release of MGS HD and MGS 3D with all the MGS 3D visual improvements but without its downgrades and classic MGS crawling.
Yeah, especially that current gen consoles don't even have pressure sensitive buttons other than triggers.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.