[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Condemned games any good? I loved NOFL 1&2 and thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Are the Condemned games any good?

I loved NOFL 1&2 and thought FEAR had amazIng gunplay but was otherwise dull and repetitive
>>
I watched Cry's LP of the first one and beat 2 myself.

They're pretty good first-person fisticuffs games. The horror aspect is ok, but the shooting aspect is below average.
>>
>>331181148
meh
i played the first one and the only good aspect was ammo managment
the plot is shit and it fails terribly at horror
i lost count of the "creepy thing crawling in your cone of vision and then disappear" moments
>>
File: latest.png (705 KB, 630x871) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
705 KB, 630x871
1 is good throughout.
2 is good for the first half.

That department store still gives me creeps.
>>
I concider the first one to be a must play really.
>>
>>331181148
Did you get it free from sega a while back?
>>
>no pc port of Condemned 2
RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>331181148

first game:
>incredible atmosphere
>good story
>pretty good melee combat
>actually pretty scary looking enemies
>cool little investigation mini games
>gets retarded at the very end but still ok in general

Second game:
>less atmosphere
>combat improved a lot
>goes full retard at the end
>still solid game
>has the snow lodge level

They are definitely worth checking out, most people prefer the 1st one but the second one is also worth playing, just wish they would make another condemned.
>>
File: [011872].jpg (155 KB, 473x639) Image search: [Google]
[011872].jpg
155 KB, 473x639
>>331182978
>No NOLF re-release
>>
i tried playing it on PC a while back but it ran like ass. could have been Win10 or the pirated version

if you can get it working just play the first game, it's amazing
>>
>>331185346
You have to run it in XP compatibility mode and as administrator, after that it runs like a dream.
>>
>>331185563
was something to do with the mouse, kept stuttering. ill try it again tonight. Thankks
>>
>>331185653
You also have to disable all HiD compliant devices through device manager to get rid of that.
>>
>>331181148
Play through the first one entirely, get halfway throguh the second, and then lie to yourself and say your copy has some kind of really bad bug that makes it crash at that point, and you will have played one and a half 10/10 games.
>>
File: simon pegg thumbs up.gif (2 MB, 308x214) Image search: [Google]
simon pegg thumbs up.gif
2 MB, 308x214
>>331185720
Thats the one, i remember reading something about that. cheers
>>
File: 1450484082752.jpg (26 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1450484082752.jpg
26 KB, 500x485
>>331181293
>I watched Cry's LP of the first one

fucking neo v
>>
>>331181148
Remember to do these>>331185563
>>331185720
if you run into any performance related issues.
>>
>>331181148
The first game is good, great atmosphere, good hobo beat em up simulator.
2 is shit, I cannot believe I got hyped for that game back then
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.