[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk Megaman X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: mega_man_x_snes.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1528) Image search: [Google]
mega_man_x_snes.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1528
Let's talk Megaman X
Just got home and i want to talk about.
Megaman X.
>>
Megaman is the equivalent of today's Assassin's Creed series.
>>
Favorite intro stage music of any Megaman game for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOASEZW2tYk
>>
So I just played through that game and it was really fun only used buster.
>>
>>331175527
Who the fuck decided Launch Octopus should be purple on the cover?
>>
>>331176272
Or be in the cover at all.
>>
>>331175934
I'm going to feed you but how?
>>
It was edgy Megaman done right. Then X4 happened and it went full retard edgy.
>>
>>331176010
Post more plz
>>
>>331176818
What? You have the world at your fingertips, anon. You can just go on youtube and type "megaman [number goes here] OST" and get a playlist for your game of choice.
>>
>>331176772
Damn that might be true.
>>
>>331176958
True I am just lazy though.
>>
>>331176772
I played through the first 3 recently so that's all I care about right now.
>>
>>331176742
The pinnacle of edge for their respective times and the fact that they churn(ed) them out one after another until their (inevitable) deaths.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0sXE659Hk

best track
>>
>>331177620
Ty.
>>
>>331176196
I want to play through using only melons.
>>
I really like the first three they have the cheap ways of winning that allow for anyone to beat the game. Or you can play through not get any items till you have to. Ignoring everything accept dash and fight chill penguin last.
>>
>>331178365
That does not even sound fun though.
>>
I need to play through 4 next
>>
>>331176742
The comparison would be that Megaman has a shitload of very similar games churned out and each series burned out after a few installments.

Well except Megaman is not one series but 5, so that's like 15 decent games.
>>
>>331180519
Does assassins creed have 15 good games?
>>
>>331175934
That's the Battle Network series dumbass

Let's talk legends
>>
>>331176772
X4 gave us Wily/Zero relationship, which I love like a weeb schoolgirl loves their yaoi shipping.

Shame Capcom never gave closure for that shit, other than the Zero X fight in X5 which isnt even that good, and then they go and make X6.
>>
>>331180980
>except
My point was at least they did some attempts at innovation by making spin off series like X, Z, Battle Network, and Legends.
>>
>>331179069
you're clearly not a classic gamer friend
>>
>>331181198
fuck you i love X6
X5 was garbage in every way

and why do i know its shit? because X6 is built using the engine from X5. Bugs present in X5 that are patched out after extensive programming fixes got carried over to X6 because nobody told them the issues. There's a reason the guardshell makes the game break, because X5's team couldnt fix the bug without patching and avoiding certain things.

X6 is built over X5, X5 is built using X4's assets but a slightly different engine, and X4 is just it's own thing.

Do some digging in the data, you'll see.
or i can pull up the X5 prototype that came up and show the bug in general

webm related - X6 prototype and how ruthless Sheldon is in it
>>
some music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7YJptvt_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KeDjMxmUPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAPgKM2hits
magna centipede's stage and fight are both great and annoyingly difficult at the same time
>>
File: PrtScr capture_42 (2).png (346 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PrtScr capture_42 (2).png
346 KB, 1280x720
What's your speedrun time?
>>
>>331176196
Armadillo takes fucking ages with buster only.
>>
File: despair.gif (1 MB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
despair.gif
1 MB, 440x300
>>331182049
>X3
>PS1
North America got absolutely fucked over this.
No NA PS1 release for X3. It only makes it worse since the rarity of it makes it fucking expensive.

>>331182228
X6 100% - 1:20:45
X6 any% - 40:09
>>
I still don't know why everyone forgets about X8.
>>
>>331182405
well the collection used the PS version. those little intros were the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZoqPanZ1K8
>>
>>331182792
We dont, it's just not the most thrilling and isnt the worst.
I's that middle ground after people stopped caring after X7.

>>331182792
Gamecube collection was pretty neat. PS2 collection had some weird fps shit going on that wasn't present on the Gamecube version.

I'm still not sure what the deal with that was.

oh wait yeah I do. PS2 was a shit tier console and nothing was good about it except being a cheap dvd player
>>
>>331176272
Colors are distorted because they're deep underwater, silly.
>>
>>331182228
I consider myself pretty good at megaman series, but I can't really get into speedrunning, I feel that there would be a point where every playtrough I give it just for old time sakes will be the fucking same after learning every jump and move, I dont think I would enjoy that.

Not that it already happens a little from all the times i have replayed the X games.
>>
>>331175527
Mega Manix Condom Edition?
>>
Tried setting MMX up with the MSU-1 music, but Higan refuses to boot it and the AP kicks in when I use bsnes.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.