[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Despite publicly raging about it, how often do you pay for in-game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1458087608555.jpg (112 KB, 939x599) Image search: [Google]
1458087608555.jpg
112 KB, 939x599
Despite publicly raging about it, how often do you pay for in-game purchases?
>>
>>331173893

>dlc
Rarely

>ingame/app purchases
Never ever
>>
>tells people not to support such business practices
>buys them secretly

Why do you do that /v/?
>>
>>331173893
The only time I've ever gotten DLC is with the "GotY" type deals

I have never download DLC nor done microtransactions. Fuck them both
>>
>>331173893
Please tell me this is fake.
>>
Only time I spent money on an ingame purchase is after playing like 900 hours of Dota and then dropping ten bucks on some bullshit I don't even remember
>>
>>331174294
People are paying for this right now on the iOS version.
>>
Close to never. Even in free-to-play games I otherwise enjoy, gameplay advantages are shit. Not even from a "devs shouldn't do this" standpoint, but from a personal one - the game would go from me enjoying what I've got to having more of whatever for a week and feeling shitty when I don't have it anymore.

The only time I've ever done it is buying plat in warframe, once, for ten dollars, when it was on sale for like 75% off, and only spending it on slots. I still have a shitload left.

I'll buy well-made DLC for retail games I enjoy though, sure.

>>331174294
The image itself is an edit, but that version of mega man X does allow you to buy all the upgrades with real dollars, even though you still can earn all of them in the same way you did in the original. It's still shitty, because it undermines the actual gameplay, but it's just a way to make some bucks off some of the lazier iOS crowd.
>>
I think the only times I've bought in game items was about $5 in TF2 to get premium access when it went F2P, then another $15 later for keys.

Nothing other than that.
>>
>>331174517
>>331174443
Well I can believe they'd let you pay to get upgrades, just not them putting it right in the fucking intro stage like that.
>>
>>331173893
sometimes in card games or whatever little fuck-off projects that I like, I throw them a dollar or two. Never more.
>>
File: 1390104191911.jpg (4 KB, 192x160) Image search: [Google]
1390104191911.jpg
4 KB, 192x160
Just once, in Pokemon Picross. In my defense getting unlimited Picrites might as well be a "buy full game" option.
>>
>>331175843

Unlimited Picrites (or whatever "energy" keeps regenerating in mobile games) IS the "buy the full game" option.
>>
I am trying very hard not to spend money on Hearthstone. Gotta buy one of the Naxxramas wings before they pull it down so I can get those fucking cards (for Tavern Brawl and Wild mode) without using 2,000 fucking dust.
>>
Only in app purchase I ever made was $2.99 I believe and all it did was double the amount of stuff I collected in the game forever. Basically halving the time it took to unlock everything.
>>
>>331173893
Never. I'm willing to buy DLC if it's expansion pack tier but fuck microtransactions. Those are the devil and too many can make me drop a game entirely.
>>
>>331176090
Hearthstone is the fucking jewiest game in existence though. Unlike the average microtransation game it's almost entirely pvp unless you spend money or save up povertybux which are awarded at a horrifyingly slow rate.

A game being so microtransaction heavy and pvp based, with pvp being directly associated with rewards is pure evil. It wouldn't matter if the pvp didn't matter, but being good at pvp is how you get more cards, since arena and end of month rewards.

If games take an average of 10 minutes each, then 50 gold 3 wins means 1.6 gold/minute, so it's over 450 minutes of play for one wing, spread over the course of 2 weeks.
>>
The only in-game purchase I've made was for Stretchmo, but that's because it's the only way you can actually buy it.
>>
>>331174021
>>331174021
>>331174021
This.
It's one of the reason I don't really AAA game anymore, I prefer to just wait until the GotY edition with all of the DLC paywall is on sale or readily pirateable.
>>
I've spent like $220 on hearthstone. I plan to preorder 50 old gods packs and probably another 40 classic soon.
>>
>>331173893
only if its hats

i paid 5 bux for some hat in ragnarok online back then
and i think ive spend about 250+ bux on tf2 and dota (keys, cosmetics and compendiums)
>>
I only rage about it if it's really blatantly pay to win. Stuff like costumes I'll buy though, I like playing dress up and looking cute.
>>
I bought a few skins in LoL. Sue me, Gragas looks like shit with his default skin
>>
>>331173893
Only bought shit for Dirty Bomb because I had everything of worth and just wanted special edition cosmetics. Holy shit cosemetic shit is expensive as hell though and holiday cosmetics are only a few weeks. They need to work out their pricing a lot.
>>
>>331173893
if the DLC is good (example mk8) it's not a problem for me to pay. never paid for cosmetics or apps though. i don't even play on my phone, is it still a bunch of ultra lame games with terrible controls asking you for cash every 3 mn?
>>
Good lord I can beat MMX 100% in 44 minutes.
Who would fucking pay to unlock all powerups?
>>
Never, I barely even pay for games
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.