[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain why anyone would play any other MOBA/ARTS/ASSFAGGOT that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: moba.jpg (245 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
moba.jpg
245 KB, 600x356
Explain why anyone would play any other MOBA/ARTS/ASSFAGGOT that isn't Dota 2.
>>
Fuck you I enjoyed HoN. I admit league is cancer though
>>
Explain why anyone with a propermind would play assfaggots
>>
>>331171593

Maybe they find the game too hard. Maybe the game just isn't enjoyab;e to them. Maybe their friends are playing a different game. So many reasons anon-kun~
>>
>>331171593
CYKA
Y
K
A
>>
>>331171593
i think dota is a better game, but all my friends play league and i can't stand solo queuing in dota with brazilian/russian/pinoy scum
>>
Why would anybody pay for custom games?
>>
>>331171593
>please explain to me why this pile of shit is better than this pile of shit
>>
File: assfaggots.jpg (78 KB, 1355x505) Image search: [Google]
assfaggots.jpg
78 KB, 1355x505
>>
File: Luck is also a skill.png (84 KB, 1053x964) Image search: [Google]
Luck is also a skill.png
84 KB, 1053x964
>>331171593
Because dota 2 is casual RNG filled garbage, and because its dead.
>>
>play dota
>play with russians
>play league
>don't play with russians
gee, I wonder why
>>
>>331172784
Nice meme
>>
Dota 2 matches are forced 50'd by valve
>>
>>331172793
>play dota
>play with friends
your point?
>>
>>331171593
i dont like ASSFAGGOT´s, except for smite.
feel stupid to have a RTS control scheme designed to control multiple groups of units for just one unit.
>>
>>331172784
someone got outskilled by the based ogre

i feel sorry for you mate
>>
>>331171593
I enjoyed Dota 2 for a while and had decently high MMR (7202) or still do I guess but League is just too fun. Also seems much more skillful than Dota, but I could be wrong.
>>
>Dota killed itself by charging for custom games
>LoL is going in a weird direction
>no one cares about SMITE or HOTS
>Overwatch comes out in May

Is 2016 the year of the MOBA crash, and the renaissance of the class-based FPS?
>>
>>331172964
>you can only play a game if 4 other people are on at any given time
>this is a good thing
>>
>>331173163

>try to play league for the first time
>dont have flash, smite so you can jungle
>having to grind bot games to hit a certain level to play with other players
>first pvp game, teammate disconnects and have to play 4v5
>this cant be every game right?
>next game 2 people leave and its 3v5, if they dont leave they just bitch about MUH META
>>
>>331173163

and if not, they just feed and bitch about wards.

also
>having to grind for runes
>ITS NOT PAY TO WIN
>HAVING TO BUY CHARACTERS IN 2 0 1 6
>>
>>331173163
>can't use mute
>can't deal with russians
Are you like 12?
>>
>>331171593
>Explain why anyone would play any MOBA/ARTS/ASSFAGGOT
I shortened it
and the answer is because they're a russian teenage nerd with anger issues
>>
>>331171593
Dota has the best platform hands down, but the actual game is at heart a half-baked mod of a much better game, no matter how good you make it look and sound.
Dig beneath the surface and you find a grotesque patchwork frankenstein monster with a chain of ad hoc design decisions made to extinguish the latest balance fire.
>>
>>331172740
smite isnt patrician, thats brood war
>>
to take a break
to play with friends
>>
>>331173000
What RTS control scheme?

If anything ASSFAGGOT's are closer to aRPGs like Diablo.

Hit 1234/QWER, right click to move/attack.
>>
>>331173825
Brood War isn't even in the same genre though
>>
play smite because it isn't trash. Isometric view is out dated garbage, it has no place in modern games.
>>
>>331174084
Or don't play Smite because it is literally garbage.
>>
No.
>>
>>331174024

Wow, you've cracked the code. That's exactly what DOTA's been called. MOBA came around when league came out. Literally anyone that isn't autistic enough to call it an "ASSFAGGOT" MEME XD can agree to this
>>
>>331171593
Because some kids just cant take the autism
>>
>>331171593
Dota 2 has no progression.

People like to feel like they're progressing.

League gives you that with ip, rank, unlocking shit, etc.

Plus the general scaling of the end game just makes more sense in general. Having your physical heroes scale with items differently than your magic heroes made no sense at all.

And who likes RNG? It's bullshit. Get out PA/Fucking cow man bullshit
>>
Dota 2 is fucking garbage.
It's one of those games where you have to queue with four other friends or you're not going to have a good time.
I'm having far more fun instalocking into Io, Tiny, or Earth Spirit and intentionally throwing the game by relocating/pushing/tossing my team under enemy towers. I've been doing this from 3.9k to 1.3k and I have absolute no regrets. This is way more fun than snowballing as Mid Zeus, but having a retarded ass Bloodseeker trying to build Radiance as a first item and not getting something else such as SnY and BKB who then wonders why he keeps dying to Luna's ult.
>>
>>331174421

>needing to have flashy numbers on the screen to remember you're progressing!
>using this to masquerade that you HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR CHAMPIONS & IN GAME STATS
>b-but it gives me a sense of progression!!

end game in dota is also about more utilities and actives, not just making your generic skillshot stronger.
>>
>>331174629
Unless you're a carry, in which case you farm up to make your generic auto-attack strong enough to kill all the enemies in a couple of hits
>>
>>331174421
The game isn't some RPG or MMO.
>>
>>331174629
w e w, that's some salt.

You don't have to pay for champions or in game stats, that is just flat out wrong.

End game dota is the same as end game league, which team snowballed the hardest or has the cheesiest shit. The difference is that in league there isnt crazy RNG shenanigans that determines whether or not your late game victory is going to be guaranteed.

Tell me that the RNG on purple man, BR king, or ghost lady is okay.
>>
>>331174731

not necessarily? Maybe if you're bad you can do that in your low match making bracket. but in most games you'll just get kited and get fucked without any initation/smart choices.

You play league, don't you?
>>
>>331174998
>I've played 3 games of dota - the post
>>
>>331174854
Not only MMOs or RPGs have progression. If you have to unlock shit through playing the game there is inherently progression.
>>
File: tips fedota.png (342 KB, 544x508) Image search: [Google]
tips fedota.png
342 KB, 544x508
>>331175025
>H-he dared imply that Dota is just as simplistic as the other games in the genre? ACCUSE HIM OF PLAYING RIVAL GAME
>>
>>331171770
League was enjoyable before it went full esports and brazil. I have a lot of fond memories with my bros in the beta just dicking around.

That being said, mobas are trash cancer and you're better off enjoying any number of single player games. Save yourself while you can, OP, I got out, you can too.
>>
I love Dota 2 but getting matchmade with Russians every other game and getting spammed friend requests by people who want my shit got annoying.

I'm also afraid of having my account hacked every time I get a decent drop
>>
>>331175098
>I have to use meme arrows to defend my shitty stance
>>
Play good games, not trash like league or dota 2
>>
>>331175176
>I can't actually argue against your actual points.
>Implying Crits don't exist in Legion of Losers as well
>>
>>331174998

>paying in game currency from games played
>paying with time isn't paying

are you actually this fucking stupid? the fact that you need to defend this grinding shit.

End game dota is much different with buy backs and several different mechanics - but THEY are similar, I can agree to that, it is much easier to come back in a game of dota than it is in a game of league, I have played both. I've never lost a game due to RNG shenanigans. Late game doesn't relay on that shit anymore.

maybe for PA but that's about it.
>>
>>331174167
>isometric babbys game got me spoiled
>can't into real game with no 360 degree spoiling.

T R A S H
R
A
S
H
>>
>>331175127

you didnt acknowledge my first statement,and now you resort to meme arrows! Good stuff!

Pleasure talking to you :)
>>
>>331175493
>you didnt acknowledge my first statement

That's because it was dumb

>hurr bronze
>>
>>331175568

How is it dumb? LMFAO

It's true. God damn you are so SALTY LOL
>>
>>331175412
>I've never lost a game due to RNG shenanigans
Your entire argument is shit. Yes you have.

>>331175397
Yeah actually having to build for something is totally the same as having inherent doge/stun on RNG. Yup.

>>331175445
>Smite
>Relevant
>Implying you arent HoN 2.0 with extra gimmick
>>
>>331175176
Why listen to a tard?
>>
>>331175664
>How is it dumb? LMFAO

Because you admitted that it was true that carries are farm-to-win, but then tried to mitigate this by calling everyone Bronze LoL players

Dota 2 players absolutely cannot take any criticism of their game, no matter how minor
>>
>>331175863
Their game cant stand any criticism. It's already bottom barrel and dying.
>>
File: 1439754306925.png (28 KB, 553x495) Image search: [Google]
1439754306925.png
28 KB, 553x495
>>331175931
>>331175863
Just admit you got a hate-boner for Dota guys.
>>
>>331176034
Nothing can possibly compare to the hate-boner that Dota players have for other MOBAs though
>>
File: loldota.jpg (543 KB, 1560x2942) Image search: [Google]
loldota.jpg
543 KB, 1560x2942
>>331176101
>Nothing can possibly compare tot he hate-boner that MOBA players have for Dota though

fixd
>>
>>331171593
Because superior Dawngate got jacked before it could grow.
>>
>>331176339
Hmmm yes 1 forum post totally equals out to over 5 years of spamming memes
>>
Constant updates and a large community.
>>
>>331171593
There is no reason to play LoL or HoN over DOTA2 unless you have friends that play those games. And by games, I mean LoL, because what kind of idiot is still playing HoN?

However, I think Smite and HotS are fine if you just want something different. Smite's camera perspective is understandably appealing, plus I like the aesthetic and setting. HotS cuts a lot of the fat that the genre has, which of course reduces depth, but makes it much easier to jump into and not feel like you're a huge detriment to your team. Also you'll like it if you're a blizzfag.
>>
Still play hon till it dies. Slowly has been getting better since s2 left. Looks like hons not dead boys
>>
>A game where I need to pay for certain advantages in the game vs a completely free to play game

Gee what should I play
>>
>>331173127

>Decently high
>7k

Why do you need to tell us lies, Anon?
>>
>>331172784
someone doesn't read updates and also lives under a fucking rock
>>
I prefer League over DOTA 2 because it's easier on the eyes, more casual, and more of my friends played it. If I played ASSFAGGOTS competitively I'd pick up DOTA, but I just play to try out silly builds and have fun with friends.
>>
>>331171593
It's called Dotalikes.
And they're all shit when DotA 2 exists.

But I STILL want Icefrog to buy my homies Empath and Flux from HoN and add them to Dota2.
I need to have them!
>>
>>331173279
You wonder why you're i n the same bracket as the shitters?
>>
the turn rate is shit
>>
File: ASSFAGGOT posters.jpg (439 KB, 995x902) Image search: [Google]
ASSFAGGOT posters.jpg
439 KB, 995x902
>>331174998
wrong heros
if you want TRUE RNG carries that make or break a game your thinking

>blue blurry assassian lady
>blue dimensional ghost cow of epic bashing
>blue multiplying cat man of epic mana draining and one man army
>Ebin Juggernuts of only ever fighting when my ult is up

>>331181885
Just play HoN you fag. Its a better game than Dota2 anyway.fuck that slow as game.

>>331181436
wisdom.

>>331174167
Smites actually pretty cool. My only problem is that being a ranged carry in that game is suffering because people literally can outrun your projectiles or just sit behind a wall/tank to avoid your damage. Oh also like every mage in that game oneshots you with thier ult.

And I also fucking hate Loki

>>331173137
I doubt MOBA's are going to crash anytime withing the next 3 years.

>>331173000
is this the infamous "RTS babby" ive heard about?
>>
I wish the devs behind Monday Night Combat didn't fuck everything up.
>>
>>331182529
Nah man, I enjoy Dota2 now more than I did HoN at any point in its lifecycle.

But that doesn'tean I don't miss some hero concepts that didn't make it in Dota2.

I mean fuck, just give us Empath all I ask! She wouldn't wven be hard to balance in Dota2!
>>
Holy shit why would any of you niggergooks argue over which mobas better. It took me til fucking master to realize that all these games are fucking shit and all they're useful for is having a checklist of all the fucking melvins and retards to avoid. If you still like mobas go jump off a cliff niggers.
>>
File: 1457827559537.jpg (11 KB, 303x296) Image search: [Google]
1457827559537.jpg
11 KB, 303x296
>>331171593
League has

>more maps
>bigger playerbase
>cool advertising campaign that supports artists and animators
>better lore
>actually releases new shit on a bi-weekly basis, while new champs are released once per month.
>a dev team that actually develops games and plans to take LoL into new directions, such as fighting and perhaps even single player shit
>>
BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT VIDEO GAMES YOU FUCKING AUTIST
kill yourself
>>
>>331171593
>Explain why anyone would play any ASSFAGGOTS

FTFY
ASSFAGGOTS either has an S on the end or is just ASSFAG otherwise it doesn't make sense and there are good MOBA/ARTS that have nothing to do with ASSFAGGOTS because they are such broad terms that nearly any multiplayer game fits them.
>>
>>331184474
>more maps
>>
>>331184474
>more maps
Wrong with the advent of Arcade in Dota, and plus no one plays anything but summoner's rift.
You would be right if you were speaking about HotS which does actually have more competitive maps.
>Bigger player base
While true if you choose to believe Chink google's numbers, it's rendered moot by region locking
>cool advertising campaigns
I'm sorry... Since when was advertising a positive point
>supports artists and animators
Not to the extent the Dota Workshop and Animation contests did. Andaybe even custom games, which are completely free but you can donate to the dev thatade them.
>better lore
Formerly: debatable.
Currently: lolno they removed everything interesting about the lite and characters and retconned the League of Legends out from League of Legends.
>actually releasing shit
I left league 3 years ago, so I dunno about the quality of releases, but that's a positive point for some.
Personally I like Dota being stable. And they don't have to release new heroes as often because they don't make their money that way.
>single player shot
Defeats the purpose
>fighter
Now you're winning me over. This sounds like a great idea, I always thought that it's a shame Dotalikes have such awesome character designs that go nowhere in the end. This might be exactly what's needed.
A GG (or BB) style fighter with quick flashy skills.
Or a MvC (or Brawl) styled fighter with movement and map control playing an important part.

That would be awesome.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.